Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Introducing: Signature Bounty Arena

Comments

• Options
    @Kabam Miike why not include 1 awakening crystal in top 10?
  • Options
    I don’t understand why our opinions are not taken before any changes to anything.

Do we mean nothing to them or we are just the milk giving cow for kabam .
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    They never should have put autofights in arena.

Once upon a time it was said that they didn’t want to take Rewards away just give them out differently. Instead it’s nerf nerf nerf.
  • Options
    I’d love to spend, but the game is broken. Fix the bugs!
  • Options
    For the Crystal Shard Arena there was mention of making higher milestones for 4* Shards. I like that idea. Or maybe a less amount and or reducing a day of it. I do look forward to the new Arena.
  • Options
    iuJacob wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, but there is an issue with giving away so many 4-Star shards for too little effort at this time. We're looking at ways that we can address this, but without pushing them completely out of reach for most players (ie. putting them in an even higher Milestone), this is the only solution at this time.

4-Star Shards should not be an easy reward to come across, and since we've made the changes to Arenas, they have been far more accessible than they should be. At first, players were able to get some by simply Auto-Fighting in arenas for 10ish fights. This was waaaay too little, but even now with the adjusted Rank Rewards, they're still much too easy to get without putting in much effort.

Additionally, there is currently no place for Commanders to get Signature Upgrades, outside of Sales. This might change in the future, but not right now.

What this actually means:

More people were able to obtain Galvatron by spending less money than Kabam was expecting.

Okay so once again lets make it harder for the guys who didnt get in on the beta. So all the front runners who already have all their 4* established, duped, maxed, maxed etc & now take away the chance for a guy to get a 4* crystal & lets give them more of an advantage by introducing a signature arena to replace the crystal bounty arena. That makes no sense whatsoever. So instead of balancing the game lets gape that hole open alot farther. Ridiculous.
  • Options
    Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Yay, one less day to play arena... so that makes like 4 days in a month where arena is worth playing? Ok, got it. Awesome, less time spent on the game!!
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'm seeing a pattern here. Kabam is about to lose a shitload of players.
    Hope you guys feel happy about this new change Kabam.
  • Options
    TezzaTezza Posts: 1
    Honestly i like the new arena but replacing the crystal bounty for it NO please do not do that its the only worth while way to get 4* shards in my opinion it will cause many players to quit the game including myself get rid of the raid arena its useless i dont know anyone who even plays while that event is running thats my 2 cents bye.
  • Options
    Vindictive wrote: »
    iuJacob wrote: »
    I'm sorry guys, but there is an issue with giving away so many 4-Star shards for too little effort at this time. We're looking at ways that we can address this, but without pushing them completely out of reach for most players (ie. putting them in an even higher Milestone), this is the only solution at this time.

4-Star Shards should not be an easy reward to come across, and since we've made the changes to Arenas, they have been far more accessible than they should be. At first, players were able to get some by simply Auto-Fighting in arenas for 10ish fights. This was waaaay too little, but even now with the adjusted Rank Rewards, they're still much too easy to get without putting in much effort.

Additionally, there is currently no place for Commanders to get Signature Upgrades, outside of Sales. This might change in the future, but not right now.

What this actually means:

More people were able to obtain Galvatron by spending less money than Kabam was expecting.

Okay so once again lets make it harder for the guys who didnt get in on the beta. So all the front runners who already have all their 4* established, duped, maxed, maxed etc & now take away the chance for a guy to get a 4* crystal & lets give them more of an advantage by introducing a signature arena to replace the crystal bounty arena. That makes no sense whatsoever. So instead of balancing the game lets gape that hole open alot farther. Ridiculous.

Couldn’t have said it better way . All the truth in one blow . I like it.
  • Options
    Your pulling my leg right?! I simply can't believe you would completely remove the only arena that was better than it used to be and replace it with garbage? Please gimme a response worthwhile at least half my alliance family is debating quitting after this that's around 30 people as we have 3 alliances
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
  • Options
    JOUSTJOUST Posts: 57
    Kabam, please keep the Raid & Mod Arenas. I need those!
  • Options
    Y’all are seriously saying you’re giving away too many 4* shards!!? What about the working people in this world that don’t have all day to play arenas to rack up major points and get shards. Y’all are killing the game for working people. Already having issues with AM times being changed now we get less chances at duping 4*s.... what a joke.
  • Options
    Dircules wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike have you and your team done some more in depth searching and brainstorming as to WHY people put up so little fights? Because I have a suggestion, and honestly it’s something that you should have expected with the arena changes. The arenas are simply not worth grinding anymore without the constant reward of arena chips. This means everyone is just going to do the bare minimum in order to qualify for the best rewards to time invested ratio, and huge scores are out the window.

I think @Totherkins comment is spot on. The whole thing not just the part I quoted. But I quoted the first bit because it really seems to me that the dev team either aren’t playing their own game enough, or aren’t speaking enough with players. Because many of the changes don’t seem to understand player psychology at all.

Toth mentions a prime example: when I did Galvatron arenas, I stopped at 320k pts every day. It takes me 30mins to reach 320k pts, less than a single run through my roster. I stop there because it clears all 9 milestones and guarantees 1-10% rank rewards. There’s zero incentive to continue after that point unless I want to rank top 10 people, which is impossible, so I don’t. There’s zero marginal benefit for each additional fight, so I stop once the MS & rank rewards are secured.

This is what I mean by player psychology. You need to think like a player when you’re designing the rules of the game if you want to know the consequence of those rules. To think like a player, you either need to be a player, or speak with lots of players, as Toth suggested.

Here’s another thing you probably didn’t think about before you announced this new change: the new arena system is really new! and no one really knows what’s required yet. The rational response is to chill out and see what time costs are required. That means, when you massively change arena systems you should expect much lower average scores for a while. If you put all the rewards in rank rewards and none in MS, that means some ppl might get good rewards for not much effort for a few weeks. It won’t last. But it’s entirely because you introduced uncertainty, and put all the rewards on a variable metric.
    You can easily reverse it by putting rewards back on MS (which have fixed effort but variable payout, vs rank rewards, which have fixed payout but variable effort), or just by waiting for a few weeks for the uncertainty to resolve and the effort to secure rank rewards will return to routine.

Or you can upend everything every couple of weeks and nothing will ever exist at equilibrium. Either way is fine by me: I spend roughly $100/month regardless, and I’m happy with where I’m at in the game, and I’m loving playing it, so ultimately, I’m fine :)

Anyway... like I said, Toth’s comments are spot on
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Yea well at least you are being honest for once. Look, if you need to make more money, suggest to the game team they should put out better offers or whatever.

20$ for 20 PBC isn't that hot if the expected return is 18 2* bots and 2 3* bots. 100$ for a 4* is straight forward insane. I get it you make money by whale milking, but if the turnover isn't cutting it maybe there aren't enough whales in the game?

Just food for thought. Removing a crystal bounty won't make me spend more money in any case.
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    Wait wait so now there's even less crystal bounty? If so then I am not liking this since the crystal bounty is really one of the only way to get 4* shards..
  • Options

Are you serious? The arenas only give out 650 each if you get 3-4%... For some people 3-4% isn't accomplishable due to the new schedule and/or work. And remember they only come every two weeks so that's pretty much 1,950 shards a week. Not great huh.. Obviously there's the spotlight mission but that's really it, feels like you're just making things worse mate ;( But signature arenas are cool so maybe replace it with the raid arena that'd be cool.
  • Options
    AnubisAnubis Posts: 87
    This is by far the worst idea you guys ever had taking the the 4* bounty away and try and say that we are getting to much plz tell me your joking what get a full 4* a months is too much that's what most people end up with. Are u guys trying to lose your player base because ima quit 100% if this happens and as of right now not spending a penny on this game and think everyone should do the same till we see what they do with this. Because god knows I have spent 1000s on this game and that's because u give alittle to get alittle now we are just give all are money and time for nothing. How hard do you guys want to make things to get in this game we play this to have fun now you guys are taking that away and want us to grind for months to get enough 4* shards nah I'm good on that. That were I drawl my line in the sand.you guys are trying to drawl the game out way to much to the point your going to make it pointless to put any time into. IF you guys agree with me can I get a Amen!!!!
  • Options
    Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    I’m not going to take sides with this because ultimately this is a video game and quite frankly if it shut tomorrow I’d move on. But if people think writing paragraph after paragraph is going to change a multi million dollar company decisions (which mind you, the decision makers don’t visit this forum and Mike is just the middle man), you’re wrong.

If the changes that have taken place don’t work for you, then move on to something else.

Now let’s see how many times I get flagged because people disagree with me :wink:
  • Options
    Odie21 wrote: »
    I’m not going to take sides with this because ultimately this is a video game and quite frankly if it shut tomorrow I’d move on. But if people think writing paragraph after paragraph is going to change a multi million dollar company decisions (which mind you, the decision makers don’t visit this forum and Mike is just the middle man), you’re wrong.

If the changes that have taken place don’t work for you, then move on to something else.

Now let’s see how many times I get flagged because people disagree with me :wink:

I won't flag you. I'll sit here and agree with you and we can both get flagged for being the minority....
  • Options
    Well they've had a lot of bad decisions, I think the new arena rankings are the worst but yes this is a terrible decision.. Careless I'd say they are, saying 4* shards are too common wow now is only half a 4* crystal with 3-4%, which is the best most people can do and that's every two weeks.. How in the right mind can this guy say that 4* shards are easy to get!? Smh
  • Options
    So I just looked and it seems yalls minds are already made up about doing this new arena. Why even ask our “valued opinion”. This game isn’t gonna be for me much longer. Thanks for screwing over the people that actually have other things to do in life besides play on a phone app.
  • Options
    CriscoCrisco Posts: 10

Serapth wrote: »
    Gold nerfed, 1 stars removed, 4 stars nerfed then 4 stars nerfed again.
    Crisco wrote: »
    I understand making it a little more difficult for 4 Star Shards taking away any of crystal bounty is not the answer. I recommend the Raid Arena even the Mod arena I like. You have been making it harder than it needs to be for Energon, gold, all Shards have decreased. Maybe we need to start looking at a boycott and bad reviews for app. This game for the most part is exactly what I hoped Contest of Champions could have been. You keep making apparent you all only care for the easy money generator and much less what we think. Maybe we do need a boycott/ protest and get everyone involved and not spend on anything and give bad reviews on app. That had been the only time I have seen that had gotten @Kabam Miike and organization attention!

Post deleted in 3,2,1...

Still here!

• Options
    Breesfan_9 wrote: »
    So I just looked and it seems yalls minds are already made up about doing this new arena. Why even ask our “valued opinion”. This game isn’t gonna be for me much longer. Thanks for screwing over the people that actually have other things to do in life besides play on a phone app.

I've got a very active life outside of this game. Ask anyone in my alliance. I don't feel the least bit screwed by the recent changes. I don't agree with all of them but threatening to walk out isn't solving anything. If you don't like the game don't play. Me personally, I enjoy the combat mechanics and the challenge I get from running the new expert spotlights, Alliance Missions(t2a ftw!) and making vain attempts to run RoK without spending out of pocket. Everything else is gravy that I can do if/when I choose to.
  • Options
    Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    tekkn1kal wrote: »
    I don't envy @Kabam Miike . It clearly goes like "so here is what we are going to do" and Mike is like "oh crap, this is going to be a sh-tstorm"... But he has to do his job and sugar coat a turd.

The bottom line is, someone counting the beans is going to run this game in to the ground. Don't get me wrong, the game has some fun elements, but it is the way that it is being managed that scares me. It's like you have a star NBA prospect who should be lighting it up, but keeps getting put in awful situations by his management.

I know there are turds pulling the strings that think new players will continue to join, and people aren't really quitting in large quantity, but if you guys realized how many people were lined up on the edge, hanging by a thread, I think you would consider your decisions far more wisely.

Well said.

• Options
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    Alot had been said since Mike chimed in last. I'd like to hear your response to the overwhelming negative response to this new change. Does it affect the decision? Are you talking to someone or are we just wasting our lives voicing our opinions?
    Point is, the Gap is getting bigger.. it's like the economy...the top 1% controls 90% of the wealth...same here...the top few percentage of players are the ones that will real all the benefits. It's not a good business plan. I won't compete, I'd rather make a car payment. For some they will pay to stay in. Point is quantity of players will always pay the bills...like the $100 "deals"...really? Wouldn't you rather have 20 people buy a $20 4* than have 1 person buy a $100 one? The math is solid. It does no good restricting 4* shards when you've already made it near impossible to rank them. Why restrict them even more?

I fear that Kabam won't be bothered by our masses of paragraphs, however I and others will still keep trying stop this despicable change to the arenas. The game is crumbling and we must help it stay growing.. Kabams awful decisions must be stopped. No matter the cost.