Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Introducing: Signature Bounty Arena

Comments

• Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    Kabams awful decisions must be stopped. No matter the cost.

Put your pitchfork down little Kitten, this is a video game not war. It’s amazing how riled up people get about the little things.

If you don’t like the decisions that this company has made, go play Candy Crush.

5, 4, 3, 2, ,1 flag time....
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    ^^its bs like this that make these things happen. Just because YOURE not upset about it doesn't mean others can't be.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    ^^its bs like this that make these things happen. Just because YOURE not upset about it doesn't mean others can't be.

Nothing wrong with being upset and voicing opinions.. the problem is the manner in which they are voiced.

Almost none of these posts are constructive. Just like milestones we know we aren't getting the 3rd crystal arena back, so maybe put forth another way to source 4* shards that isn't as easy as the arena instead of empty threats.

Everyone seems to be looking at only crystal bounty arena as the sole source of 4* shards, and it is not. Everyone seems to forget that the crystal arena is a fairly recent addition to begin with... We never used to even have one.

Sig upgrades, forging, alliance milestones all provide plenty of shards as well. All this boycott talk and rage against the machine is lol.

If players had it their way, all the best rewards would be at the bottom of the rankings so players could "catch up" which is hilarious when you think about it.

Imagine everyone trying to score absolute minimal rank qualifying points to get the best rewards. Would be a total gong show with no arena participation.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430
    edited November 2017
    Honestly, I think the 4* distribution was working better for Kabam before this new arena setup. It isn't necessarily about how many 4* shards are being distributed... it is the amount of work to get there.

With that in mind, I think a lot of the players would get behind the idea of still having 2 days of Crystal Bounty (in fact one per week would be way preferable), but making the rank slots different to disperse the rewards with the ranks requiring more work. It is obvious that you would need to adjust these quite a bit, because sig stones have extreme value too, but I think it would at least be a more welcome change than the current implementation.

... and as far as replacing an arena, you can just replace raid arena... people probably still do it in numbers, because of the gold, but you guys have to realize how awful that one is.

This really is a result of removing milestones -- which seem far easier for you to control the difficulty of shard acquisition with.
  • Trailfire wrote: »
    Dircules wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike have you and your team done some more in depth searching and brainstorming as to WHY people put up so little fights? Because I have a suggestion, and honestly it’s something that you should have expected with the arena changes. The arenas are simply not worth grinding anymore without the constant reward of arena chips. This means everyone is just going to do the bare minimum in order to qualify for the best rewards to time invested ratio, and huge scores are out the window.

Toth mentions a prime example: when I did Galvatron arenas, I stopped at 320k pts every day. It takes me 30mins to reach 320k pts, less than a single run through my roster. I stop there because it clears all 9 milestones and guarantees 1-10% rank rewards. There’s zero incentive to continue after that point unless I want to rank top 10 people, which is impossible, so I don’t. There’s zero marginal benefit for each additional fight, so I stop once the MS & rank rewards are secured.

I would say your above average player. It takes me 24 hours to get 650-750k points. So the fact you can do it in 2 runs means your top 10-20% of players. My solution has been to increase the rewards in the other 2 arenas. I typically get 5-7% in America’s region when I use to get top 2% before the arena, time, and region changes.... so I think I have a legitimate grip. I would say I spend approx $50 a month on game. I’m not f2p, but have become one since the effort I give is now being rewarded less. I’m in no way saying I should be on same par for what big spenders pay and achieve, but when I’ve seen a decrease in the prizes for playing the same way and same time given towards game for my circumstance, why would I be happy about it?

I gave them props for the feature bot availability as before I had no shot for top 5 ever. Again though, if that’s all I’m getting for rewards each month, it’s not enough to keep me playing. Therefore I’ve voiced my opinion. I’ve played multiple games and so if this one chooses to seclude a certain segment, it won’t bode well. I want the game to succeed and that’s why I voice my displeasure with the decision.

Ofc Trailfire, this whole post isn’t directed at your specific post, but in part. As always, I give the game a chance and see if the changes they have lined up work for me and if not, I’ll cross that bridge if it’s presented. This decision alone isn’t a deal breaker for me.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    edited November 2017
    I think one of the reasons we've had such a strong negative reaction is because of how this was handled.

Obviously they must have known that simply removing 33% of crystal bounty 4* shards from the game with no explanation would have basically a zero positive response.

They could have (and should have) actually mentioned it in the first post, instead of waiting for someone to figure it out and ask about it, that makes it look like they were hiding it or they actually didn't think a gigantic reward nerf would be an issue for people.

Not only should they have mentioned it, there should have been some detailed developers comment, not just poor Miike being forced to be a firewall with a few placating words, but some actual dev insight comments which reason it out, with some data or even graphs.

The current argument just seems flawed and makes no sense.

The reason cited is amount of effort, but rewards were taken out of fixed effort 100% controlled milestones in to variable effort rank rewards. We went from 'multi day milestone 1 single region arena with arena chips per win', to 'single day no milestone 3 region arenas with no arena chips' and they somehow seem surprised that ranks now have less effort? Were they expecting it to get harder to rank? "More Arenas means more chances to win!" is what they said when they made the change, I guess they were only talking about the top 10 in each region.

If we look at the percentages that fixed effort equalled before; 650k = 8-12% got 1000 shards in the old system. Now, 8-12% gets 400 shards.

I fail to see any logic in an argument that it's too easy for people to get a percent rank. Purely because it's a percent, variable, rank and a fixed proportion of the player base. You can argue a milestone is too easy, but not a % rank. If 10% is too easy, that's not our fault if 90% of players don't care enough to put up any points to make 10% harder to get. If people aren't putting effort and don't want to play, maybe that's because there's no milestones, you removed the per fight reward (arena chips) and it's a daily non-stop grind fest?

Honestly, all the microrank 2% ,3%, 4% system is doing is saying, well, only about 10-12% of people are actually trying and putting up points in arena so we need to make a secondary tiny microrank pool for the top 10% to compete in. You've just made things more difficult for the only people that actually play arena.

The only valid argument you can make is that you don't want 8-12% of players to get 1 4* crystal per month, instead you want them to have 400 shards per month, because that's what is happening. That is the reality.

If you want to make things rarer, at least be upfront about it. "Sorry guys we made a mistake with 1000 shards in milestones, we don't want 10% of people getting a free 4* per month, it should be 10% get 1 every 5 months. We want 5-7% to have 1800 shards and 8-12% to have 400 shards a month".
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I'm honestly okay with the changes after reading Mike's response, as there are multiple ways to acquire shards aside from the Arena. With the addition of 4 star shards in the raid store that appear from time to time, there are now more alliance events that include 4 star shards as milestones as well as rewards for high ranked alliances to compete for those. Moreover, the spot light missions on the hard mode, when explored provide 1k in 4 star shards.

I get it, I also like the crystal arena as much as anyone else; however, with so many shards available, it really brought down the value of owning 4 star crystals, let alone the shards that make them up. Moreover, it would damage the overall well being of the game in terms of keeping interest of players who want to better their roster. Look how much easier it got into obtaining two or three stars, the value of obtaining such crystals in the eyes of players has significantly dropped, some even use them as forge food for their 4 stars.

I will criticize Kabam in ignoring the other Arena days such as Raid or Mod Arenas as the rewards totally fucking blow and not worth the time. Please try to incentivize players in playing in the raid mode, without just giving out random daily items to purchase at the store from. You have a raid leader board, use it and don't waste its potential.

Anyway, I'm just gonna wait and see what Kabam has in store for the future.
    I'll reenforce my opinion that the rate of 4* crystals really have no bearing on advancement...you can have all the 4* bots you want but if you can't get the Sparks to rank them they're no better than a maxed 2*.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    I can't agree with that. Back when 3 stars were capped at rank 3, the community were complaining that the restrictions imposed into obtaining an tier one alpha (good old days) was ridiculous, and thus players felt there wasn't a natural progression when faced with a cap on getting the right sparks to upgrade them.
    that1guy wrote: »
    I can't agree with that. Back when 3 stars were capped at rank 3, the community were complaining that the restrictions imposed into obtaining an tier one alpha (good old days) was ridiculous, and thus players felt there wasn't a natural progression when faced with a cap on getting the right sparks to upgrade them.

I don't understand your point. ..I'm sitting at 10 4*s right now. It takes twice the amount of alpha to get them to the same point as a 3* (in rating) Alpha still isn't easy for the average player to obtain and t2a is impossible for the average player. I consider myself average, not f2p but still budgeted. I don't have a single bot over r3, and I only have 3 sitting there because t2a is impossible. I don't have 1 single essence after playing since day 1 because I'm not in a top Alliance, therefore my stout maxed 3*s are more useful because they're all duped. So who cares how many 4*s you have when you can't take advantage of that 4th star?
  • Hired_GoonHired_Goon Posts: 440
    edited November 2017
    I don't understand your point. ..I'm sitting at 10 4*s right now. It takes twice the amount of alpha to get them to the same point as a 3* (in rating) Alpha still isn't easy for the average player to obtain and t2a is impossible for the average player. I consider myself average, not f2p but still budgeted. I don't have a single bot over r3, and I only have 3 sitting there because t2a is impossible. I don't have 1 single essence after playing since day 1 because I'm not in a top Alliance, therefore my stout maxed 3*s are more useful because they're all duped. So who cares how many 4*s you have when you can't take advantage of that 4th star?

A r3 4* is more powerful than a max forged maxed 3* so there is that. Then, most duped abilities DO NOT make the bot. There are several that enhance a bots capabilities and some are flat out overpowered even having a single dupe. But for most part, an unduped r3 4* is still more powerful than a maxed duped 3*.

As for no t2a? I don't know what to say. They offered up 2500 in raid store for a VERY reasonable price. The first chapter of expert is also not overly difficult to 100% which would net you another 1k essence. It's not the fastest but it is progress and it gets easier over time. I don't know why people insist that only top alliances get t2a. It is simply not true and hasn't been for over a month now.

P.S. I got 100% on Galvatron spotlight expert chapter 1 with no energon used and only 3 r3 bots and 2 max forged 4/40 3*. So if you aren't getting t2a, then, again, I don't know what to tell you. Kabam is putting it out there to earn.
  • TrailfireTrailfire Posts: 590
    edited November 2017
    Who keeps flagging these comments? What part of Hired_Goon’s comment was abusive? Come out and justify yourself or else remove the flag, because flagging like this is itself abusive. It’s getting beyond a joke
  • ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    1 Mio points to get potentially only 3* sig programs? How about no.

@Manthro Sorry but you are a Kabam employee 100% confirmed. The crystal bounty has been there for quite a while and not so recent.

They now halfed the rewards compared to the old version before the arena changes. They did that because it impacted on their whale milking. That's not OK, they can find other ways to extort money from us.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited November 2017
    Zapper wrote: »
    1 Mio points to get potentially only 3* sig programs? How about no.

@Manthro Sorry but you are a Kabam employee 100% confirmed. The crystal bounty has been there for quite a while and not so recent.

They now halfed the rewards compared to the old version before the arena changes. They did that because it impacted on their whale milking. That's not OK, they can find other ways to extort money from us.

Find some new material. Calling everyone who doesn't agree with your point of view a kabam employee gets tired.

This game has been around for what 10 months now, if you include beta. The crystal bounty didn't arrive until somewhere around May or June? I can't remember.

So yes, it's a fairly recent addition. That doesn't mean it hasn't been around for a while, my point is that we didn't always have one.

If stating facts makes me a "kabam employee", you got problems, son. Someone who works for Kabam would not post threads like this:

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/2740/death-by-lag-vs-waspinator-is-not-fun#latest
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    This arena could become more interesting if it included the awakening items as well.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Meh. Sucks that you can’t scroll and arena is boring now. Losing interest fast
  • Well I’m glad you enjoy the game Mr Busy but others like myself aren’t happy about the changes. Like I’ve said before.... they have to be kidding me saying they’re giving out too many 4* shards. Like most have said in here already get rid of the raid arenas and leave all the ways possible to get 4* bots.
  • TerminalTerminal Posts: 789
    I think another important point is not just how it nerfs 4* shards but also less 3* and pbc means less dupes for feature bot chips, so it's also making getting to 100k harder.
    Terminal wrote: »
    I think another important point is not just how it nerfs 4* shards but also less 3* and pbc means less dupes for feature bot chips, so it's also making getting to 100k harder.

I think that was their objective.
    Lapras wrote: »
    Terminal wrote: »

I think that was their objective.

If they truly thought they were giving out too many 4* shards they could of just reduced the payout a little instead of eliminating a day of the crystal arena entirely.
  • iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    Serapth wrote: »
    I'll reenforce my opinion that the rate of 4* crystals really have no bearing on advancement...you can have all the 4* bots you want but if you can't get the Sparks to rank them they're no better than a maxed 2*.

I think you are missing the huge advantage of 4 stars over 3. They give twice as many points as 3 stars in arena.

This is a self propagating problem. You need to score high in arenas to gain shards you need for bots to score high in arenas. These days getting the alpha required to R2 a 4 star is trivial.

That’s the real kicker... if you’ve got teams of 4 stars, putting up massive points is trivial ( I did just shy of 1.4m last arena for example ). It’s also extremely easy for me to hit an infinite streak since I don’t have to sandbag, again giving me a huge point advantage. Without those 4 stars, putting up even half that amount would be a massive amount of work.

So yeah, people without existing 4 star teams with the new bracketing are being cut off from earning any 4 star shards at all, so good luck getting out of the ghetto.

It’s amazingly tone deaf of all the people in here with similar or better rosters than me to be dismissive of complaints. The pure lack of empathy is astonishing.

These changes are going to make it harder and harder to progress in the game, and that hurts everyone, even the 1%. If people leave on mass, the game dies.

This.
  • SabugenSabugen Posts: 350
    What are you talking about mike? I'm putting about 2 hours or more worth of "work" daily for this arena and I barely get 3-4%. Do you want us to live in this game? we play it, we pay it, are you trying to create slaves? the game isn't that good. Keep the game enjoyable and not exhausting.
  • Hey guys, just figured I'd post in here. A hair under 1.4M in yesterday's signature bounty arena earned me zero 4* signature upgrades.

So for all of you wondering why you can't get 4* sig upgrades at 200K.... 1.4M = ZERO.

Out of the first 4 people in my alliance that grinded into the 1% bracket. Only 1 person got any sig upgrades. Chew on that for a minute.
  • SerapthSerapth Posts: 157
    Yeah I hit the 1-2% bracket and got crap. I’m not even sure 4* sig stones are even a thing. Probably won’t bother with this arena again, add another one to the useless pile...
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    I scored 1.2M, hit 1-2% got zero 4* sig upgrade, as I mentioned that here before it is only for the top 10 spenders.
    The rest should be grateful to upgrade their 2 & 3* bots only.
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    jlvytnoh5i2b.png there are 4* sigs in those crystals assuming rare tho
  • Odie21Odie21 Posts: 209
    “When someone is whining and you are tired of hearing it, you can play the world's smallest violin to provide musical ambiance to dramatize their annoying whine”

Get the gist?