Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Hello My Old Friend!

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    You mean this thread, @BlackRazak? :smirk: It's still kickin'.

That's a RELIEF, @Kabam Vydious . On mobile devices, it's no longer "sticky". Same with GLITCHES, LEAVE . Despite posting, it doesn't move upwards.
  • x601b2dlusc4.png
    BUMBLEBEE FOREVER JACK!
  • Lets keep this thread going!!!!
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Ok, are we getting new bots in the 2nd year of Forged To Fight @Kabam Vydious ?
    Would you guys get your knickers in a twist IF:

Absolutely MASSIVE new version download,
    But NO new characters or chapters added,
    HOWEVER every bot is updated AESTHETICALLY to match SIEGE style,
    Plus new effects and backgrounds.
    And tightened, less glitchy controls and a simplified reward system?
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Would you guys get your knickers in a twist IF:

Absolutely MASSIVE new version download,
    But NO new characters or chapters added,
    HOWEVER every bot is updated AESTHETICALLY to match SIEGE style,
    Plus new effects and backgrounds.
    And tightened, less glitchy controls and a simplified reward system?

Nope. New bots would be lit, but this would be way more better content then rehashed spotlights and bots. I would love this
  • And now @Kabam Vydious doesn't care about this thread anymore...closing time XD
    And now @Kabam Vydious doesn't care about this thread anymore...closing time XD

I just think @Kabam Vydious isn’t answering any of our new bot questions because he’s not aloud to

Looks like y'all are stuck with me at the moment...

giphy.gif

lol 😂
    edited February 2019
    Hello 👋 @KabamZibiit

giphy.gif

Can you tell us if there’s new content of any kind coming soon ?
    Such as a New bot ?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

giphy.gif

This must be an alt account. :D
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    [Can you tell us if there’s new content of any kind coming soon ?
    Such as a New bot ?

Don’t scare ‘em away right away. At least wait a few days.
    Darm0k wrote: »

giphy.gif

This must be an alt account. :D
    [Can you tell us if there’s new content of any kind coming soon ?
    Such as a New bot ?

Don’t scare ‘em away right away. At least wait a few days.

Lol o brother
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015

giphy.gif

Can you tell us if there’s new content of any kind coming soon ?
    Such as a New bot ?

2kkpwdeisqlm.png
    I can think of a new bot
  • And now @Kabam Vydious doesn't care about this thread anymore...closing time XD

giphy.gif

Lol that gif is exactly what I had in mind XD

giphy.gif

e8cvqi0fgnaf.gif

This thread is absolutely able to keep going! We just have to remember that it's about y'all and your favorite bots within any of the series and not directly about asking after the game. :) There are threads for that and this isn't one of them.

That said, I've really been enjoying this thread altogether even if I don't respond to everything. It's been a nice read to come back to and to interact with.
  • @magnusprime777
    I always like Magnus due to the fact that he doesn't really realize the great potential that he has. He just thinks he's a soldier and that's it. But he's able to go toe-to-toe with Galvatron which is quite the feat indeed. I honestly think he should've been the next Prime.

Also didn't Star Daber become some religious nut in the IDW comics?

@ScarredArachnid333
    I’m glad that you feel the same way about Ultra Magnus as I do!
    And as for Star Saber, I don’t read IDW comics, but I have read about it online, and I think of it as a bunch of nonsense that the Transformers would never do!
    When it comes to Transformers fiction I like to stick with the original storyline of things, always getting the true story behind the bot before reading any additional fiction.
    And when it comes to Star Saber, well it’s not that hard to do the math.
    According to the Transformers: Victory series (which was the first series Saber ever appeared in) he and Deathsaurus were rivals ever since childhood. And according to the show, that would have been about 500k years ago.
    But, IDW has a whole different story about the guy.
    According to IDW Star Saber is some kind of ancient fighter that used to work with Nova Prime or (Zeta Prime?) during the first war. And after he went missing, the Autobots wondered if he ever returned, would he be a help, or a nightmare!
    When he did come back, he was certainly a nightmare, as yes, as you said he was indeed a religious nut that believed Primus was some type of god, and actually killed Die Atlas!
    So, let’s go back to the story of him and Nova Prime.
    According to fiction the war they fought in together in would’ve been around 12m years ago, or more. But going back to the original story of the character he was just a kid 500k years ago!
    So how could he have already fought in a war 12m years ago if he wasn’t even born yet?
    This is just one of the examples as to why IDW’s comic books do not make any sense at all, as it seems to me the only thing the books could do was twist the Transformers lives into a bunch of mixed up pretzels 🥨🤥😟😠
    I consider IDW to be nothing but a bunch of lies!
    The only books that I find to actually seem normal are the Wreckers, and the Beast wars comics. I as specially like the BW comic Dawn of Predacus, as it tells the story of how the Autobots and Deceptions decided to set aside their current factions, and become known as the Maximals and Predacons!
    This was a great comic issued by IDW at a BotCon convention, and I personally think that this was probably the best one they ever made as it actually goes right along with the G1 storyline!
    As I said I do like the Wreckers comics, as it goes into detail about Springer’s backstory. I also like the way they used Tarantulas in this comic, as again, this would’ve been before the great upgrade where they would go from con to pred, so this actually would’ve fit into his storyline!
    I’m personally very glad that IDW ended their current comic lines, and I’m hoping very much that their new series of comic books will be the G1 reboot they say it will!
    I guess this note ended up being my review of IDW comic books, and I hope you can now see why I don’t like them at all!
    Thanks for taking the time to read this, magnusprime777 aka Ultraopstrion

Well, IDW isn't set in the main TV show continuity, it's its own thing. That's why he was there for 12 million as opposed to 500k years. But that doesn't excuse what they did to Star Saber, though. Sure, the idea of some religious nut in Transformers may be interesting but it's odd that they decided to use Star Saber of all people. He's supposed to be a warrior of peace, which is the total opposite of an insane enforcer of Tyrest, but IDW decided to make their own version I guess.

There are some changes to characters I don't mind, however. For example, Tarantulas, while his origin was changed, he was still true to the original character, as it shared his most recognizable traits (being experimental with a taste for sadism). The combination of these organial Beast Wars traits and IDW's new creepy origin they gave him made him a truely terrifying and threatening villain. I'm really glad that he was the villain in Sins of the Wreckers as that comic really delved into a horror themed story making it perfect for him.

Of course, like Star Saber, there are some executions of characters that are just plain terrible. Most of them are the Beast Wars bots. I'm not referring to Dawn of the Predacus since that's not in IDW's comic continuity, but in the main continuity they are just awful. They're literally just background characters, most of them canon-fodder! Dinobot and Cheetor are just plain representatives that do nothing in the Windblade series! Optimus Primal, Rhinox, BW Megatron, Inferno, and more characters are just henchman of Unicron! I mean what in the heck IDW? You're just gonna shun interesting characters, especially Dinobot who is imo the best Transformers characters, in the background? These characters should have had their own separate series! But no, they're just wasted potential. Argh.
    Well at least Waspinator is still loveable.

Also I haven't read Dawn of the Predacus, but I'm gonna see if it's available on one of those websites that *ahem* "borrow" comics.
    In IDWs universe, Mighty Warrior Cyclonus LOVES cars.
    He really really REALLY loves cars

This thread is absolutely able to keep going! We just have to remember that it's about y'all and your favorite bots within any of the series and not directly about asking after the game. :) There are threads for that and this isn't one of them.

That said, I've really been enjoying this thread altogether even if I don't respond to everything. It's been a nice read to come back to and to interact with.

You're referencing me with the last part
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    In IDWs universe, Mighty Warrior Cyclonus LOVES cars.
    He really really REALLY loves cars

Really really OLD cars.
  • guam13z57fel.png Deathsaurus is the man
  • @magnusprime777
    I always like Magnus due to the fact that he doesn't really realize the great potential that he has. He just thinks he's a soldier and that's it. But he's able to go toe-to-toe with Galvatron which is quite the feat indeed. I honestly think he should've been the next Prime.

Also didn't Star Daber become some religious nut in the IDW comics?

@ScarredArachnid333
    I’m glad that you feel the same way about Ultra Magnus as I do!
    And as for Star Saber, I don’t read IDW comics, but I have read about it online, and I think of it as a bunch of nonsense that the Transformers would never do!
    When it comes to Transformers fiction I like to stick with the original storyline of things, always getting the true story behind the bot before reading any additional fiction.
    And when it comes to Star Saber, well it’s not that hard to do the math.
    According to the Transformers: Victory series (which was the first series Saber ever appeared in) he and Deathsaurus were rivals ever since childhood. And according to the show, that would have been about 500k years ago.
    But, IDW has a whole different story about the guy.
    According to IDW Star Saber is some kind of ancient fighter that used to work with Nova Prime or (Zeta Prime?) during the first war. And after he went missing, the Autobots wondered if he ever returned, would he be a help, or a nightmare!
    When he did come back, he was certainly a nightmare, as yes, as you said he was indeed a religious nut that believed Primus was some type of god, and actually killed Die Atlas!
    So, let’s go back to the story of him and Nova Prime.
    According to fiction the war they fought in together in would’ve been around 12m years ago, or more. But going back to the original story of the character he was just a kid 500k years ago!
    So how could he have already fought in a war 12m years ago if he wasn’t even born yet?
    This is just one of the examples as to why IDW’s comic books do not make any sense at all, as it seems to me the only thing the books could do was twist the Transformers lives into a bunch of mixed up pretzels 🥨🤥😟😠
    I consider IDW to be nothing but a bunch of lies!
    The only books that I find to actually seem normal are the Wreckers, and the Beast wars comics. I as specially like the BW comic Dawn of Predacus, as it tells the story of how the Autobots and Deceptions decided to set aside their current factions, and become known as the Maximals and Predacons!
    This was a great comic issued by IDW at a BotCon convention, and I personally think that this was probably the best one they ever made as it actually goes right along with the G1 storyline!
    As I said I do like the Wreckers comics, as it goes into detail about Springer’s backstory. I also like the way they used Tarantulas in this comic, as again, this would’ve been before the great upgrade where they would go from con to pred, so this actually would’ve fit into his storyline!
    I’m personally very glad that IDW ended their current comic lines, and I’m hoping very much that their new series of comic books will be the G1 reboot they say it will!
    I guess this note ended up being my review of IDW comic books, and I hope you can now see why I don’t like them at all!
    Thanks for taking the time to read this, magnusprime777 aka Ultraopstrion

Well, IDW isn't set in the main TV show continuity, it's its own thing. That's why he was there for 12 million as opposed to 500k years. But that doesn't excuse what they did to Star Saber, though. Sure, the idea of some religious nut in Transformers may be interesting but it's odd that they decided to use Star Saber of all people. He's supposed to be a warrior of peace, which is the total opposite of an insane enforcer of Tyrest, but IDW decided to make their own version I guess.

There are some changes to characters I don't mind, however. For example, Tarantulas, while his origin was changed, he was still true to the original character, as it shared his most recognizable traits (being experimental with a taste for sadism). The combination of these organial Beast Wars traits and IDW's new creepy origin they gave him made him a truely terrifying and threatening villain. I'm really glad that he was the villain in Sins of the Wreckers as that comic really delved into a horror themed story making it perfect for him.

Of course, like Star Saber, there are some executions of characters that are just plain terrible. Most of them are the Beast Wars bots. I'm not referring to Dawn of the Predacus since that's not in IDW's comic continuity, but in the main continuity they are just awful. They're literally just background characters, most of them canon-fodder! Dinobot and Cheetor are just plain representatives that do nothing in the Windblade series! Optimus Primal, Rhinox, BW Megatron, Inferno, and more characters are just henchman of Unicron! I mean what in the heck IDW? You're just gonna shun interesting characters, especially Dinobot who is imo the best Transformers characters, in the background? These characters should have had their own separate series! But no, they're just wasted potential. Argh.
    Well at least Waspinator is still loveable.

Also I haven't read Dawn of the Predacus, but I'm gonna see if it's available on one of those websites that *ahem* "borrow" comics.

@ScarredArachnid333 I totally agree with you buddy!!
    Also, I didn’t actually read the Dawn of Predacus comic book, but I was able to read about it in tfwiki!
    Hope you enjoy it!! 😁
  • Null_XNull_X Posts: 13
    I'm not sure if this threads still going but my favorite is Cliffjumper, especially his Fall of Cybertron iteration. I love how different he and Bumblebee are despite looking almost exactly the same, with the only difference being that Cliffjumper has longer horns and is Red
  • Null_X wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this threads still going but my favorite is Cliffjumper, especially his Fall of Cybertron iteration. I love how different he and Bumblebee are despite looking almost exactly the same, with the only difference being that Cliffjumper has longer horns and is Red

Oh yeah, Cliffjumper was very fun. I loved turning invisible to sneak up on the Cons to silently terminate them. And I liked the other stealthy segment where you had to avoid the Decepticon Guardians.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    Null_X wrote: »

Oh yeah, Cliffjumper was very fun. I loved turning invisible to sneak up on the Cons to silently terminate them. And I liked the other stealthy segment where you had to avoid the Decepticon Guardians.

I kinda liked the segment with megatron's return, annoying as all get out, but I do love me a good bullet hell.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    #1: Dinobot
    monns3kywqk8.gif
    Dinobot only needs to appear in one form of media to be unique. He never appeared in any other shows or sequels or spin-offs, he just stayed in Beast Wars. And tbh, while I want to see him be represented more, he's absolutely perfect just being in one show. He's a very conflicted and Shakespearean character, with a heroic tale of destiny and tragedy. All of these themes and elements are what make Dinobot a 3-Dimensional character. He's solely bound by his honor and fate that he has often switched sides while pondering the question if fate really is in anyone's hands. This existential crisis led to the best character arc in the franchise, as he finally came to the realization that his destiny was his own, and along that path he mananged to befriend the Maximals. After finding the answer to his question, Dinobot atoned for his past sins and transgressions by making the ultimate sacrifice to save humanity. As Dinobot died, he finally made peace with himself. It's some pretty deep stuff and I'm glad Transformers can tell this level of storytelling.

phg9t2vw0r9j.png
  • Gunz0 wrote: »
    #1: Dinobot
    monns3kywqk8.gif
    Dinobot only needs to appear in one form of media to be unique. He never appeared in any other shows or sequels or spin-offs, he just stayed in Beast Wars. And tbh, while I want to see him be represented more, he's absolutely perfect just being in one show. He's a very conflicted and Shakespearean character, with a heroic tale of destiny and tragedy. All of these themes and elements are what make Dinobot a 3-Dimensional character. He's solely bound by his honor and fate that he has often switched sides while pondering the question if fate really is in anyone's hands. This existential crisis led to the best character arc in the franchise, as he finally came to the realization that his destiny was his own, and along that path he mananged to befriend the Maximals. After finding the answer to his question, Dinobot atoned for his past sins and transgressions by making the ultimate sacrifice to save humanity. As Dinobot died, he finally made peace with himself. It's some pretty deep stuff and I'm glad Transformers can tell this level of storytelling.

phg9t2vw0r9j.png

z2ramx14apto.gif