Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Rebalance: Who's on the List?

Comments

• Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    I really find Dinobots movement is off just slightly which is a reason I haven't utilized him for anything bigger than arenas really. For example his dash backwards when trying to avoid a grimlock SP2 doesn't always trigger the second time right away, almost all other bots respond a touch quicker which catches me just standing there and eating the full bumrush. Otherwise Dinobot has great utility, good health, good attack and great synergies. If his movement is improved I'd consider taking him up to pair with WB and Drift
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Manthro wrote: »
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Yeah! Armour piercing or even chance for armour breaks for Swipe! That would fit, give him a niche, and be really cool!

But then @manthro would get in a great big kerfuffle.
    How dare they make Sideswipe GOOD.
    In all seriousness though, Sideswipe, Soundwave, Grindor, Bonecrusher and perhaps Dinobot are bots of a bygone era.
    As a noob they were great to use (and terrifying to face), but they've been found out.
    Sideswipe, however, is still surprisingly good versus Rhinox, Kickback, Cyclonus, Ramjet, Mixmaster, G1 Megatron...as his damage + SP2 is pretty formidable.
    But yes, perhaps a tweak for the noob-friendly bots.

I truly don't understand how players still think dinobot isn't good. It's like there's a preconception about him, so it prevents players from using him, making kabam think he needs a rework.

He has the most synergies in the game, all of which are game changers. (Swordmaster, shieldmasters, beast ancestor, beast purification, and maybe weapon master? Can't remember)

His basic attack pierces armour, so you don't even really need to go for armour break, except against primal.

His block breaks armour

Has built in block breaking

Returns damage on blocks

His block proficiency allows you to take Zero damage if well timed, even on special attacks.

Yeah, his S2 is lacklustre, and his S3 heal isn't the greatest, but the damage he deals on regular attacks is great.

I think the only reason players shun him is because of the skillsets and synergies of OGM and OGP.

But if dinobot is your tact option, he's a reliable, consistent damage dealer, and is a good choice.

Dinobots s2 can hit HARD still. He also requires a bit of finesse, like Jetfire. He does feel a bit clunky sometimes and I think his inability to buff up his damage or easily proc any buffs of his own maybe makes him a lesser choice. He's a bit like Sideswipe, doesn't have a niche. I like Dinobot a lot though, just find him challenging to use and I like that. Doesn't have much specific use though.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I'm walking out 5yv59mq81mwj.gif
  • This is a terrific list! Good job, Kabam.

The best fix for Starscream would be to make his null rays function through an opponent's block, just like Hot Rod's deceleration. That way he becomes more playable as a bot who relies heavily on basic ranged, which very few bots do. The alternative of boosting his stats would decrease what makes him distinct.

Meanwhile, the best balance for Megatronus would be not to make him weaker when playing as him, but rather to remove the cumulative effect of Robot Resource with his innate ability. That way those of us who've leveled him don't feel cheated out of a best bot, but everyone else who has to fight him in raids isn't frustrated.

The length of time that Jetfire's block reflects ranged attacks could be expanded so that you don't need lightning reflexes to activate it. This means he plays genuinely differently from most bots, where blocking instead of dodging is generally a bad idea at higher levels.

Dinobot and Bee could also use the boost to have as much value as other Tac bots.

This really is a list of bots I wish I could use more but haven't been able to justify because of weaknesses. I'm hoping that the changes amplify what's unique and strong about the individual bots rather than just adjusting health and damage.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    This is a terrific list! Good job, Kabam.

The best fix for Starscream would be to make his null rays function through an opponent's block, just like Hot Rod's deceleration. That way he becomes more playable as a bot who relies heavily on basic ranged, which very few bots do. The alternative of boosting his stats would decrease what makes him distinct.

Meanwhile, the best balance for Megatronus would be not to make him weaker when playing as him, but rather to remove the cumulative effect of Robot Resource with his innate ability. That way those of us who've leveled him don't feel cheated out of a best bot, but everyone else who has to fight him in raids isn't frustrated.

The length of time that Jetfire's block reflects ranged attacks could be expanded so that you don't need lightning reflexes to activate it. This means he plays genuinely differently from most bots, where blocking instead of dodging is generally a bad idea at higher levels.

1. Please no! As fun as it would be to play with him like that, he would be horrible to fight against in high level content. Think about how much shock he would inflict.

2. Fully agree.

3. You would regret this suggestion when Kabam puts him in AMs and he's basically a mirror.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Agree with @Beastdad .
    He's terrific for noobs AND ninjas, but midtier players struggle to realise his full potential.
    Dinobot is THAT substitute on the bench you pray you don't have to use in AMs, at least.
  • JKL wrote: »
    This is a terrific list! Good job, Kabam.

1. The best fix for Starscream would be to make his null rays function through an opponent's block, just like Hot Rod's deceleration. That way he becomes more playable as a bot who relies heavily on basic ranged, which very few bots do. The alternative of boosting his stats would decrease what makes him distinct.

2. Meanwhile, the best balance for Megatronus would be not to make him weaker when playing as him, but rather to remove the cumulative effect of Robot Resource with his innate ability. That way those of us who've leveled him don't feel cheated out of a best bot, but everyone else who has to fight him in raids isn't frustrated.

3. The length of time that Jetfire's block reflects ranged attacks could be expanded so that you don't need lightning reflexes to activate it. This means he plays genuinely differently from most bots, where blocking instead of dodging is generally a bad idea at higher levels.

1. Please no! As fun as it would be to play with him like that, he would be horrible to fight against in high level content. Think about how much shock he would inflict.

2. Fully agree.

3. You would regret this suggestion when Kabam puts him in AMs and he's basically a mirror.

1. :o:o Debuff only! I forgot about the shocks. Those shouldn't penetrate block.
    2. :)
    3. Bring it on! Most Scouts use melee heavy attacks, so Jetfire wouldn't become imbalanced versus the bots you'd use to take him down. He'd just stop going down like melted butter for everyone else.
  • BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    I say add ratchet to the list, specifically for his Sig.
    I'd like it if he had a damage reduction shield or something after the 1st hit and it reduces the damage taken by special attacks for like...6 or 8 seconds by 20-90%, meanwhile he heals it off the damage and it feels like you'll actually survive the otherwise devastating blow

One tiny thing I think should be adjusted with Ratchet - His Self Diagnosis should activate during his Sp3. It states it should activate when he changes to alt-form, which he clearly does in Sp3, and it would give that little extra boost when he’s at low health. OG Prime’s Roll Out triggers during his Sp3 after all...
  • Manthro wrote: »
    Yeah! Armour piercing or even chance for armour breaks for Swipe! That would fit, give him a niche, and be really cool!

In all seriousness though, Sideswipe, Soundwave, Grindor, Bonecrusher and perhaps Dinobot are bots of a bygone era.
    As a noob they were great to use (and terrifying to face), but they've been found out.
    Sideswipe, however, is still surprisingly good versus Rhinox, Kickback, Cyclonus, Ramjet, Mixmaster, G1 Megatron...as his damage + SP2 is pretty formidable.

I truly don't understand how players still think dinobot isn't good. It's like there's a preconception about him, so it prevents players from using him, making kabam think he needs a rework.

He has the most synergies in the game, all of which are game changers. (Swordmaster, shieldmasters, beast ancestor, beast purification, and maybe weapon master? Can't remember)

His basic attack pierces armour, so you don't even really need to go for armour break, except against primal.

His block breaks armour

Returns damage on blocks

His block proficiency allows you to take Zero damage if well timed, even on special attacks.

Yeah, his S2 is lacklustre, and his S3 heal isn't the greatest, but the damage he deals on regular attacks is great.

I think the only reason players shun him is because of the skillsets and synergies of OGM and OGP.

But if dinobot is your tact option, he's a reliable, consistent damage dealer, and is a good choice.

I'm pretty sure people aren't saying Dinobot isn't good, they just want him to be better.

Like you said his Armor Pierce is useful, as he shreds through tanky bots like Grindor.

But the rest of his abilities, besides the Armor Break and Block Proficiency, are pitiful. The Reflect Damage is awful, as it's not even a guaranteed (unless the Opponent dashes), and the damage is very low, deeming that ability near worthless and not worth it.

His Signature Ability is..... well, I would like to give it a proper judgement because the ability is glitched. The Unblockable works but every time my hit is Unblockable and I want to perform a Special, the Opponent blocks the Special Attack. I thought I was just bad, but it happened with Tantrum and all the others in the Beast Ancestor synergy. So the Unblockable part of his Sig is useless because of an old glitch that hasn't been fixed.

The fact that you mentioned the SP2 being lackluster and his SP3 heal not being good shows that there is room for improvement. That is what a buff would do, improve upon a flaw.

As mentioned the synergies he has are the most in gthe game. Beast Purification, Ancestory, Shield and Swordmasters, synergies all around. But there's one problem: Besides Shieldmasters, he's probably the weakest link out of all of those synergies, imo. All of them. All of the other Bots have a lot more uses than poor Dinobot. The fact that he's the weakest in a diverse group of bots shows that he needs some sort of improvement.

Don't know why the synergies of OGP and OGM were brought up, as Dinobot has more synergies.

So yes, he does need a rework. Not to make him good, because he already is, but to make him better.
  • bishawabishawa Posts: 30
    I think grindor should have some thing to deal with bleed
  • HZEROHZERO Posts: 52
    Manthro wrote: »

His block breaks armour

Returns damage on blocks

I'm pretty sure people aren't saying Dinobot isn't good, they just want him to be better.

Like you said his Armor Pierce is useful, as he shreds through tanky bots like Grindor.

But the rest of his abilities, besides the Armor Break and Block Proficiency, are pitiful. The Reflect Damage is awful, as it's not even a guaranteed (unless the Opponent dashes), and the damage is very low, deeming that ability near worthless and not worth it.

His Signature Ability is..... well, I would like to give it a proper judgement because the ability is glitched. The Unblockable works but every time my hit is Unblockable and I want to perform a Special, the Opponent blocks the Special Attack. I thought I was just bad, but it happened with Tantrum and all the others in the Beast Ancestor synergy. So the Unblockable part of his Sig is useless because of an old glitch that hasn't been fixed.

The fact that you mentioned the SP2 being lackluster and his SP3 heal not being good shows that there is room for improvement. That is what a buff would do, improve upon a flaw.

As mentioned the synergies he has are the most in gthe game. Beast Purification, Ancestory, Shield and Swordmasters, synergies all around. But there's one problem: Besides Shieldmasters, he's probably the weakest link out of all of those synergies, imo. All of them. All of the other Bots have a lot more uses than poor Dinobot. The fact that he's the weakest in a diverse group of bots shows that he needs some sort of improvement.

Don't know why the synergies of OGP and OGM were brought up, as Dinobot has more synergies.

So yes, he does need a rework. Not to make him good, because he already is, but to make him better.

Several will agree, in that the complaints by Dinobot, are not because it is weak (although there are more effective tactical bots), or because of him synergies, although many of us agree that the one that suits him best is that of the master swordsmen, if not because it is a bot based mostly on the defense (blocks) and not in him attacks.

If the good Dinobot was with us, I'm sure he would agree with everyone that "The best defense is a good attack". Greater mind given his personality in the series.
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    Please, oh please; nerf the god- )4*@!∅*%$ scout shark.
  • I’d love to see sideswipe get a buff.maybe if he reduced max power of opponent by 1% for every critical hit or something, while keeping his crit rate buffs until he gets hit. Could even be his sig that goes up to 3% at sig 100 or something, that would keep him relevant and an interesting hybrid of jazz (not getting hit) and kickback (power drain, except SS’s could be an instant drain, instead of over time). This would give him a boost.

Ooooh, armour piercing on crits. That would be nice too

I wad thinking if Swipe did get armour break/piercing, then it would be better as a smaller chance of success but not requiring crits - he could become the only scout with a chance against Primal!
  • I’d love to see sideswipe get a buff.maybe if he reduced max power of opponent by 1% for every critical hit or something, while keeping his crit rate buffs until he gets hit. Could even be his sig that goes up to 3% at sig 100 or something, that would keep him relevant and an interesting hybrid of jazz (not getting hit) and kickback (power drain, except SS’s could be an instant drain, instead of over time). This would give him a boost.

Ooooh, armour piercing on crits. That would be nice too

I wad thinking if Swipe did get armour break/piercing, then it would be better as a smaller chance of success but not requiring crits - he could become the only scout with a chance against Primal!

That wouldn’t work out too well, as primal armour is crit resistant. SS won’t crit in the first place. Plus windblade sp2 is armour piercing, which is where I got the idea from really.

They’re looking at buffing him surely, as many bots need to be brought up to par, sideswipe included. He doesn’t dish out a great deal of damage to begin with, so like jazz, this could be built around not getting hit, or in SS’s case, knocked down. I wouldn’t change how his crit rate builds or anything, but he needs something to take down the beefier bots in the game. Slapping armour pierce in seemed like a good fit.

Ok, lowering power on crits might seem like a tad much, but look at what he’s competing against. Prowl, WB, scout bee, kickback, jazz, that’s why I suggested making it his sig, so he wouldn’t be too overpowered. KB can lower more on every other crit, and factoring it into a crit based bot could make him a more appealing option. giving him a burst of power at the start isn’t going to make much difference in those long fights. I tried to hybrid him with ideas from other scouts, as he needs the most work from all the scouts.

His synergy with himself needs to come back as well, he does love himself.
    When I saw dinobot was getting a buff

n04q2f059d5c.gif
  • Is the new avatar anything to do with this thread @Kabam Miike?
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Most of the primes are made to be tougher than other bots, megatronus just fits in with primal, MV1, and G1 Optimus. Overpowered because they’re primes.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Decimus234 wrote: »
    Most of the primes are made to be tougher than other bots, megatronus just fits in with primal, MV1, and G1 Optimus. Overpowered because they’re primes.

Yep 👍 couldn’t agree more
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Is the new avatar anything to do with this thread @Kabam Miike?

If that’s going to be his new avatar.... @Kabam Miike, could you hook me up with your old Soundwave one?
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    Darm0k wrote: »

If that’s going to be his new avatar.... @Kabam Miike, could you hook me up with your old Soundwave one?

And can we have those Tantrum, Scorponok, and Jetfire avatars, pls.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    Darm0k wrote: »

And can we have those Tantrum, Scorponok, and Jetfire avatars, pls.

Scorponok's avatar would be very awesome
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'm pretty happy to see Grindor and Starscream on the list, as I have both in a duped 5*:)
    I do feel Hot Rod should be able to use a range speed bonus or something, like Arcee or Mirage have after their sp2. It would make that deceleration a bit more useful.
  • Vavatron wrote: »
    Where are all those people that called me out for suggesting a nerf was on the way????

@Mufc14 @Red_Eyes

It's Nerf or Nothing. Waiting to see who got neutered.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506

n04q2f059d5c.gif

Higher chance of healing, just used him in a raid with 14% health left, went for a special 3 and got NO HEALS.

FEELS BAD 😥
    I would like Rhinox to get a buff on his special 1, my few little ideas are:
    1- make the bleeds stack instead of refresh
    2- nullify all buffs and per buff nulified the bleed does more DoT (kinda like primal's)
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

n04q2f059d5c.gif

Higher chance of healing, just used him in a raid with 14% health left, went for a special 3 and got NO HEALS.

FEELS BAD 😥

He can heal with sp3? Awesome!
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

n04q2f059d5c.gif

FEELS BAD 😥

He can heal with sp3? Awesome!

But it's TERRIBLE barely activates and doesn't heal much, it's basically roll of the dice and I usually get 1 or 2 heals off. 1st time I've gotten none though to be fair
  • Beastdad wrote: »
    Dinobot has garbage specials. If his sp3 worked every time, that would go a long way.

Not only that is block needs to be looked at. Too many times I perfect block and get stuck in a combo with stuck feet. All the shield masters need that parry effect where you can create space with a perfect block. It shouldn’t just be a synergy thing. It should be stand alone.