Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Rebalance: Who's on the List?

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Kickback steals the powergain buff - isn't about the power drain...
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited March 2019
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Kickback steals the powergain buff - isn't about the power drain...

Hah, I forgot about that. Shows you how much I use him (or don’t for that matter).
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    As long as Grindor is fixed, I'm happy. Those missiles really need a boost.

Agreed. Maybe higher damage for his ranged attacks or more reliable burn.
    And maybe a Bleed to go with his SP2, a burn upgrade on SP3

A higher Crit Rate on the Heavies would be a start. Although that Bleed is a good idea. Let's just not make him Burn the opponent all the time with every alternate hit of his a Crit. That's basically making a Brawler Demohide at that point. It ain't fun.
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    Firstly, I agree with Megatronus base stats nerf. He should NOT be outpointing the other Primes.. He is one after all.. Just the original bad boy.

I agree with the list, nearly everyone on the list are not 'go to' bots, ever.. Heck barely use even in arena.
    My additions and thoughts below.

Hound first to be buffed. Just make him all around better. He's garbage and worst bot in the game by far. Ranged damage should be way higher. Burn is pathetic, special 2 a joke with his sparkey bomb. No redeeming feature.
    Mv1 Prime synergy needs wide-ranging aggregation, all game modes

Mixmaster, second to be buffed..
    Pillow fists, useless sig. Irrelevant bot as his timer to short to hit back after concussive shield block. Needs melee buff if that's the path you're staying on.

Jetfire, the parry I like, if a bot is meleeing he should be able to melee back.. hard.. He's a big boy after all.

Galvatron, he's nearly perfect and my go to AM bot.. But needs better sig triggering, you can fight forever, and can sometimes not get a dark burn until sp3, let alone Will of Unicron trigger..make more reliable please.

Kickback, base stats urgently needs a boost. I get he's meant to be fragile but it's too far. Totally irrelevant unless with Motormaster and Ramjet.
    Recently forged off as was only using in arena with those 2 bots mentioned.
    Same with Ramjet. He got forged due to being average. Can't run at high levels with kickback in the squad.

Dinobot I find his bleed barely triggers. No good without Primal realistically.

Sideswipe and Bumblebee, no good in current form. Need to burn, shock more, do more..

Grindor too. Weak all round, special 3 garbage. Those missiles should armour break or burn. Dunno do something more, he's been passed over too.

Starscream, useless, I've landed a stack of light ranged for a nullify, that never seem to nullify, hence never use. Terrible 5* synergy.
    The worst 5* behind Magnus.

Ultra Magnus needs another buff, he's slow, clunky.
    Story AI manages to get him moving on roller skates and turn him into dodge city. Never can get him too, even against areas, Pillow fists still. His nullify is hit and miss, usually miss and doesn't trigger. I've managed 14 on primal in AM once. Needs better burn.
    (I understand you don't want another Tac close to Tac Prime level but he should be.)

Soundwave, sp3 is terrible

Hot Rod needs some love, should be THE anti Cheetor bot as no other Warrior really is (if you don't have Drift you're stuffed). nor can hit him at range..

Grimlock had a sword, suggest synergy with Dinobot in sword master.

Jazz, special is same as the heavy, often fails to prevent an actual special trigger

Since no-one asked, I'll ask... un nerf Ratchet. LOL

Demo Megatron can go to the buff factory, I'd be surprised if he was highly played outside arena. He's needs a tweak to stay relevant with better melee.

I'll admit it Kabam, we're a tough crowd to please and some will not like what's dished up but thank you for listening again.

(Not to derail but next balance really needs a synergy update, for obvious bots synergy that were missed. It'll really freshen up the game too.)

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Manthro
  • when will the new bots?
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Down_Under wrote: »

@Manthro Looks like you’re now considered a mod; commence tagging! :D
    when will the new bots?

December 2018
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    edited March 2019
    Darm0k wrote: »

@Manthro Looks like you’re now considered a mod; commence tagging! :D
    when will the new bots?

December 2018

GREAT SCOTT!
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Firstly, I

Mixmaster, second to be buffed..
    Pillow fists, useless sig. Irrelevant bot as his timer to short to hit back after concussive shield block. Needs melee buff if that's the path you're staying on.

Starscream, useless, I've landed a stack of light ranged for a nullify, that never seem to nullify, hence never use. Terrible 5* synergy.
    The worst 5* behind Magnus.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious @Manthro

Just want to comment on these two things.

Mixmaster is NOT pillow fisted.. he just needs better acid trigger rate, and an increase to his damage return on concussive block per Sig level. He becomes a damage dealing Crit machine with basic attacks when acid debuff is activated, on par with scout Crit rates. Yeah, he has a weird playstyle and players automatically think he's bad because of the stigma attached to him, but he is underrated, imo.

Starscream.... Is AMAZING. I'm surprised he is even on the buff list, I love my Screamer. He melts anything with buffs, ANYTHING. Just need to pump programs into his Sig. Mine is level 10, and quite reliable. Highly underrated bot, imo.

Everyone has their opinion, though. I agree with most of the other suggestions you have, and/or the weaknesses detailed of the other bots on your list.
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    That's why I tagged Manthro, of the active forum users, he understands the bot nuances.

I've tried and tried with 4* Starscream, was sig 30ish. In the end I got so frustrated with the nullify not removing armour (Master, Chapter 2.2, that armour boost lane on right side)
    I forged him yesterday before seeing this thread.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    That's why I tagged Manthro, of the active forum users, he understands the bot nuances.

I've tried and tried with 4* Starscream, was sig 30ish. In the end I got so frustrated with the nullify not removing armour (Master, Chapter 2.2, that armour boost lane on right side)

Buff nulification is prioritised from left to right, and funny enough buffs generate from right to left.
    So basically it's impossible to nullify U.magnus' armour buff in this spotlight unless using a bot that can armour break, but even then it'll come back in a few seconds.
  • Down_Under wrote: »

I’ve got a r4 5* who’s forge 100 and sig 35. I’m here to tell you he needs a buff. Not a major one, simply give him a chance to shock on his range (similar to arcee). His sp1&2 need to be 100%. His sp1 doesn’t even track like mirage and arcee. His health is low and he’s a pillow fist machine.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited March 2019

He doesn't nullify buffs from mods.
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Yes he does. He nullifies buffs from mods in spotlight and AM. In raids the buff stays but it does nullify damage. He can take down Mtronus' HP on RR really quick before he dies to sp3.

Yes he does. He nullifies buffs from mods in spotlight and AM. In raids the buff stays but it does nullify damage. He can take down Mtronus' HP on RR really quick before he dies to sp3.

Really? Not in my experiences. His signature clearly says, "This ability does not affect Buffs from Modules or Boosts."

Are you sure you are not just nullifying standard buffs?

How else do you explain Down_Under not being able to nullify the armour buffs from that path in 2.2 especially when Starscream's null ray has a 100% chance to nullify armour buffs??

Really? Not in my experiences. His signature clearly says, "This ability does not affect Buffs from Modules or Boosts."

How else do you explain Down_Under not being able to nullify the armour buffs from that path in 2.2 especially when Starscream's null ray has a 100% chance to nullify armour buffs??

I used Starscream on that path and also the resistance path on the next map.

The only time I have seen him not remove the buff is in a raid, but it still does the shock damage as if it were nullified.
  • Kitten wrote: »
    Kitten wrote: »
    megatronus is overrated anyways, if anything he needs a buff so his sp3 activates heal/power steal 100%

That would make Robotronus even more ridiculous than he already is, though. You know that joker just sits there and blocks the whole time.

lvmmxyejoduu.png

Off topic, but I've always been surprised that Kickback never introduced a new type of grunt bot to replace the Sharkticons.
    Insecticons can clone themselves afterall.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited March 2019

There is a difference between null ray and S3. S3 can nullify any buff that isn't white. Having said that, null ray (basic ranged) will still work on the following mod buffs:

Any offensive mod buff that is orange, including

Ranged or melee speed/damage

Reflect ranged

Power gain mods that have a visible purple buff icon

Crit rate/damage buffs that are yellow

Defensive buffs:

Works on electophobia only if he can nullify a buff other than electrophobia (the shock damage shuts off the mod)

All types of cycle resist/energy resist/physical resist

Most types of armour buffs

He will not nullify the following mod buffs:

Absorb ranged
    All or nothing

A few more I can't remember.

Basic rule of thumb... if you can see the buff icon, he can nullify it unless it is a white icon... With a few exceptions.

Try using Scream S3 on cycle resist (melee/ranged/special)... Watch how much damage he does as the buff cycles rapidly to the next one as they each get nullified.

• KingOrionPaxKingOrionPax Posts: 9
    edited March 2019
    whr68wss0u5x.jpg

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious , vocês podem nos dar um negócio e um calendário muito legal para o aniversário. As ofertas geralmente são ruins. Vocês poderiam realmente pensar nisso e nos dar alguns negócios que serão úteis no jogo? Eu estou lutando para construir minha lista, mesmo que vocês nos deram esses eventos de maratona com chips bot genéricos e 3! 1 milhão de bots de navio por mês. Eu tenho uma deficiência, então eu não posso jogar por longos períodos de tempo para que eu nunca possa chegar à frente. Mas um bom negócio para 5 * s e classificá-los seria útil.
  • KingOrionPaxKingOrionPax Posts: 9
    edited March 2019
    ih2z6efinw67.jpg

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious PENSO QUE VOCÊ DEVE VOLTAR PARA INTRODUZIR NOVOS BOTS E TALVEZ REAVAMAR OU RECUPERAR A HISTÓRIA. Nós estivemos na mesma história por dois anos. POR FAVOR, RESPIRA A NOVA VIDA NO JOGO. E OFERECEM-NOS ALGO. É como se vocês estivessem manipulando cenouras na frente de nossas faces por tanto tempo. EU DEPENDO DE VOCÊS GARANTIR A SÉRIEMENTE MELHORAR ESTE JOGO NEXT MONTH.

Como alguém que não tem megatronus e nunca teve a opção de conquistá-lo como 5 *, fico feliz que ele será rebaixado. Parece que se você não o tiver, você fica fora do jogo :neutral: I hope I get soon.
  • HZEROHZERO Posts: 52
    Hey Everybody!

So, as we've mentioned before, we're aiming to do a Rebalance of some of our Bots surrounding the 2 year anniversary. While we're still not totally ready to give you all of the details just yet, we wanted to give you a heads up on who we're looking into right now, so you can make educated choices going forward!

Our goal in this rebalance is to bring all Bots closer together in terms of performance, with an emphasis on raising up some of our lower performing Bots.

What we are sharing with you is an early look, and that means that this information is not final and is subject to change. This is a large endeavour, and while we're making every effort we can to get to all of these Bots, we can't 100% guarantee that we will be able to complete the list as we hope.

Hound
    Mixmaster
    Jetfire
    Kickback
    Starscream
    Galvatron
    Megatronus
    Grindor
    Sideswipe
    Dinobot
    Bumblebee (Dark of the Moon)
    The Shieldmasters Synergy

Some of these Bots will see more adjustments than others, and some will only get very small tweaks.

As for Megatronus, this Bot does not need a buff. We recognize Megatronus as one of the most effective Bots in the game. We don't want to dethrone him, especially after many of you have worked hard to acquire and upgrade him. We're looking at balancing him a bit by targeting his core stats (base Health and Attack) and without touching his abilities, which ensures none of his unique functionality is compromised.

Again, this list is not final, but these are the Bots that we are targeting in this Balance update. Now, discuss!

Greetings Kabam Mike, I hope you read this and that the comments are taken into account. Dinobot needs a re structure, but I think it's a lot to ask, so I hope he has some changes. The truth is, I have never understood why his abilities are based on the blockade, instead of his attacks or his loss of life. When in the series, he always wanted to fight and attack the predacons. I wish you could change the activation of skills of him, which is more in line with his personality in the series, remembering that without help from anyone, he beat all the predacons (6 it seems to me) using all his energy in a last attack to destroy the golden disk. Thank you and do not leave the great work.
  • arqm555arqm555 Posts: 32
    Megatronus is already great don’t nerf-buff him
    Jetfire and grindor need some buffs
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited March 2019
    HZERO wrote: »

Greetings Kabam Mike, I hope you read this and that the comments are taken into account. Dinobot needs a re structure, but I think it's a lot to ask, so I hope he has some changes. The truth is, I have never understood why his abilities are based on the blockade, instead of his attacks or his loss of life. When in the series, he always wanted to fight and attack the predacons. I wish you could change the activation of skills of him, which is more in line with his personality in the series, remembering that without help from anyone, he beat all the predacons (6 it seems to me) using all his energy in a last attack to destroy the golden disk. Thank you and do not leave the great work.

I couldn’t agree more! Dinobot should be an offensive machine not a defensive dope! I remember he was one on my favorite beast war character. He was, in my opinion, the best fighter minus megatron. He’s not anywhere close to that in this game. As you said his eye beam broke the golden disk for prep sake! His sp2&3 should be devastating.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Also his healing, I basically only use it if I'm desperate for the low healing it provides

I used Starscream on that path and also the resistance path on the next map.

The only time I have seen him not remove the buff is in a raid, but it still does the shock damage as if it were nullified.

That doesn't explain while Down_Under couldn't remove the armour buffs:

"I've tried and tried with 4* Starscream, was sig 30ish. In the end I got so frustrated with the nullify not removing armour (Master, Chapter 2.2, that armour boost lane on right side)
    I forged him yesterday before seeing this thread."
  • Id be happy for any Starscream buff. I love the bot and nullify. But I rather melee always. Maybe that his melee combos has a shot between it? Lihgt, shot, shot, med, med? This might be a goodsolution and make him tear through Ultra Magnus that takes too long to fight and Starscream unique.
    Grimlock.. without sig he has nothing going for him. Maybe bleeds and/or sword mastery bonuses? He uses sword after all.

Also would really not mind nerf to Megatronus, even that he is my highest Demo by far.

Buff all G1, more of G1 bots. Nerf all others that are not G1 (this last one was a joke, with a bit of hope)

Need Swindle and Blitzwing to this game!
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited March 2019
    Grimlock was explained best to me as “basically a shark” when unduped. I though that was about right.

Aren’t Grimlock, Optimus Prime, and Megatron all relatively supposed to be evenly matched according to transformers cannon? That’s definitely not the case in FTF.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Grimlock has the thickest health bar in the game.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited March 2019
    Grimlock has the thickest pillow gloves in the game.

Agreed... tiny, tiny, T-Rex pillow gloves.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited March 2019
    Nah he's using a (plastic) sword lol.
    Pencil sword. :smiley: