Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Rebalance: Who's on the List?

Comments

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »
    What about Soundwave? Granted, if you ask me, he's still one of the most effective bots in the game at high forge/high sig, but, maaannn.. His Sp3 sucks. Gotta be about the weakest in the game. And his sp 1 could use just a little bit more power drain.

Even more than Hot Rod’s?
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    It's still a nerf, any reduction is a nerf.

I guess depending on how much they lower his stats. A small amount could be called a tweak. Cutting it in half would be a nerf. Somewhere in between would be a twerk.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    I'm most curious about Hound, Kickback, Galvatron and Dinobot.

Galvatron I've found frustrating with his Dark Energy and the trouble you have to go through only to not get Dark Burns. Also, it can be frustrating to go a whole fight without his signature triggering.

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    About time.
    So so so tired of EVERYONE using Megatronus.
    This is what a REBALANCE should be.
    Fine tuning so other Bots are given a look in.
    Otherwise it's like FIFA, where everyone and their granny has a Ronaldo/Messi.
    Only, Megatronus is somehow WORSE.

AND WHAT ABOUT WHEELJACK
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »
    What about Soundwave? Granted, if you ask me, he's still one of the most effective bots in the game at high forge/high sig, but, maaannn.. His Sp3 sucks. Gotta be about the weakest in the game. And his sp 1 could use just a little bit more power drain.

Even more than Hot Rod’s?

I guess depending on how much they lower his stats. A small amount could be called a tweak. Cutting it in half would be a nerf. Somewhere in between would be a twerk.

For me it's black and white I guess.....Improved performance=buff. Decreased performance=nerf.

But whatever, it's subjective I guess. I'm not against calling it a tweak either.
    Hey Everybody!

So, as we've mentioned before, we're aiming to do a Rebalance of some of our Bots surrounding the 2 year anniversary. While we're still not totally ready to give you all of the details just yet, we wanted to give you a heads up on who we're looking into right now, so you can make educated choices going forward!

Our goal in this rebalance is to bring all Bots closer together in terms of performance, with an emphasis on raising up some of our lower performing Bots.

What we are sharing with you is an early look, and that means that this information is not final and is subject to change. This is a large endeavour, and while we're making every effort we can to get to all of these Bots, we can't 100% guarantee that we will be able to complete the list as we hope.

Hound
    Mixmaster
    Jetfire
    Kickback
    Starscream
    Galvatron
    Megatronus
    Grindor
    Sideswipe
    Dinobot
    Bumblebee (Dark of the Moon)
    The Shieldmasters Synergy

Some of these Bots will see more adjustments than others, and some will only get very small tweaks.

As for Megatronus, this Bot does not need a buff. We recognize Megatronus as one of the most effective Bots in the game. We don't want to dethrone him, especially after many of you have worked hard to acquire and upgrade him. We're looking at balancing him a bit by targeting his core stats (base Health and Attack) and without touching his abilities, which ensures none of his unique functionality is compromised.

Again, this list is not final, but these are the Bots that we are targeting in this Balance update. Now, discuss!

If you guys are going to touch Megatronus I would hope you would leave his attack alone. His attack rating isn't that high and he is supposed to be a Demolitions class bot after all.

My forge 98 R5 4* Bludgeon's attack rating is 1171.
    My forge 94 R5 4* Megatronus' attack rating is 1140. If I did take him to forge 98, his attack would increase to 1160, still less than Bludgeon's.

To me that doesn't look like such an overpowered attack to me.
  • I don’t know what rebalance you’ve considered for Dino but I think his signature ability, special 2 and maybe special 3 should be looked at.

His sig just isn’t good enough even at a high sig and it can hurt you. I think the % chance to be unblockable should go up much more for every sig.

I think how a special is able to be blocked by the opponent after having unblockable activate should be looked into. It’s only a small thing but it probably wasn’t even intended as a feature.

There’s no reason to use special 2 over the others. The critical rate buff should be longer since the sp3 lasts twice as long with only 1 extra bar of power needed.

I’d also like a armour break on a special 2, either a 100% chance to inflict one armour break or would work like the sp1 with a 70% chance per hit with the sword to inflict an armour break. I think they should also last a bit longer than the 7 seconds they last for on the special 1, this would also help his signature be more effective.

For the special 3 I just think he should be able to heal a bit more reliably but maybe that would be too much with everything else I’ve suggested.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited March 2019
    Where are all those people that called me out for suggesting a nerf was on the way????

@Mufc14 @Red_Eyes
  • Bumblebee needs an damage output buff. Mine is 5/50 and fights that a bit longer.
    Hound needs more bleed damage
    Hot rod needs a damage output buff as well. And possibly a shock debuff added to his abilities
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    kinda surprised that Dino and Galvatron are getting adjusted again.

Although frankly I thought galvatron's buff made a huge difference (not sure what he needs now) and dinobots made almost zero difference.
  • QliverQliver Posts: 54
    Finally. Megatronus Deserved a nerf from the very start. Not sure why they allowed him to be as OP as he is. He needs a complete re-work, not just base stats.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    @Kabam Miike a very reasonable list, but is it final?

Honestly, I was a little surprised to see Jazz, Waspinator, Soundwave, Grimlock, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, and Rhinox were left off of it, as they would all benefit from tweaks.

Hot Rod just needs a higher chance to land decelerate shots, Grimlock some stuns or armor buffs for his sp2, Waspinator some acid debuffs on his heavies or sp2's. Jazz just needs an sp2 that's different from what his heavy already does. Soundwave is just looking pretty dated at this point.

Ultra Magnus and Rhinox I feel just need new signatures altogether, but everything else about them is fine.

But all this said, will more bots be considered in an 8.1 update?
  • SteffSteff Posts: 71
    please kabam do not touch megatronus people who cry against him raid or special mission you do not know all the work done for my megatronus 5 * rank 4 almost full forge and I do not talk about the players who rank 5 full forging then some players stopped crying and play hard to have a team that can counter it (I play raid sound against him it passes) thank you
  • SteffSteff Posts: 71
    sorry for the translation I am French and I play since the beginning I do not speak English but we get comprned the big players who Megatronus 5 *
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    edited March 2019
    Vavatron wrote: »
    Where are all those people that called me out for suggesting a nerf was on the way????

@Mufc14 @Red_Eyes
    Didn’t know they were lying, because I am pretty sure they said (re-balance lower tier bots) now they decided to nerf the higher tier bot & throw a bunch of names they don’t know what to do with nor if the list is final.
    & btw I didn’t quote you but you did, so yeah get a life the universe doesn’t revolve around you.

@Mufc14 @Red_Eyes

You might want to check things. I had a dispute with someone else, I don't think I said anything to you.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Manthro wrote: »
    That sounds like a Megatronus nerf to me.

Clearly you did not read, and only looked at the list.

They aren't touching his abilities, just core stats, which is perfectly reasonable. He is a monster and could be dialed back a bit in this regard.

Has more attack and health than brawlers right now, which are supposed to be the most robust class.

It's a perfectly legitimate nerf, and I don't see why everyone is up in arms that they are looking at altering his core stats.

His strength comes from the skillset. Reducing his health and attack simply puts him in line with the rest of the demo class.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    they should've never released him in the first place. Game needs some NPC bosses; Megatronus should've been one of them. Same with a certain other bot that just got rumor-squashed today.
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    Synthwave wrote: »
    they should've never released him in the first place. Game needs some NPC bosses; Megatronus should've been one of them. Same with a certain other bot that just got rumor-squashed today.

Could've made him an extremely exclusive character like Thanos. That way, Megatronus on bases would be uncommon and people would pay more money to acquire him during that limited time. It's a win-win.

Plus, why would Overlord not be playable if he still gets beaten by Megatron every now and then?
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    So you are definitely going to nerf Megatronus but not sure about buffing the other bots on the list, because you have a very clear thought about how to nerf him but regarding the other bots you used words like (not final list, can’t 100% guarantee)
    Why don’t you just change the title to: Nerfing Megatronus & don’t know what else

Just like everybody else on the List, Megatronus is not final. I wanted to touch on him because he is the only one that we are considering Adjusting down and wanted to make sure you're all aware ASAP. The rest of these Bots are looking at getting some Buffs. Some minor, some more significant.

A few weeks ago you mentioned a rebalancing of "lower-performing" bots which clearly indicates buffs only. Unless this potential Megatronus nerf is a recent development, you held out on delivering certain info.

"April kicks off with a brand new update! The 8.0 Anniversary Update has some great surprises in store, including a long requested Bot Rebalance for some of our lower performing Bots, a new temporary Challenge, and an update to Alliance Missions!"

Guess they skinned that cat a different way.
  • Im disappointed that they are nerfing tronus and not buffing soundwave. But has anyone else been suprised that they are buffing Galvatron? He is the second best demo in the game, i would love to see what they will do to him to make hil even better
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Im disappointed that they are nerfing tronus and not buffing soundwave. But has anyone else been suprised that they are buffing Galvatron? He is the second best demo in the game, i would love to see what they will do to him to make hil even better

Genuinely don't understand why Galvatron needs ANOTHER buff and Waspinator and RAMJET!!!! Get overlooked. The list doesn't make too much sense
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Happy to hear tronus getting nerfed he's too OP but what about nanojack or OG & Rat heal? Those are the ones that make other bots below average.
    edited March 2019

Honestly, I was a little surprised to see Jazz, Waspinator, Soundwave, Grimlock, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, and Rhinox were left off of it, as they would all benefit from tweaks.

Hot Rod just needs a higher chance to land decelerate shots, Grimlock some stuns or armor buffs for his sp2, Waspinator some acid debuffs on his heavies or sp2's. Jazz just needs an sp2 that's different from what his heavy already does. Soundwave is just looking pretty dated at this point.

Ultra Magnus and Rhinox I feel just need new signatures altogether, but everything else about them is fine.

@Mufc14 @Red_Eyes

You might want to check things yoself. I had a dispute with someone else, I don't think I said anything to you.

I fixed that for you.

I said this to @Mufc14 who had replied to @Vavatron , "I was just going to say this.....not sure how anyone came up with "nerfing" after reading that."

If that's a calling out, so be it. All I did was state my position, Vavatron could have replied.

That said, and as Mufc14 said, the moderator did not reveal the whole truth, not my fault.

You might want to fix it again, I don't use the word "yoself"

@Mufc14 @Red_Eyes

You might want to check things yoself. I had a dispute with someone else, I don't think I said anything to you.

I fixed that for you.

I said this to @Mufc14 who had replied to @Vavatron , "I was just going to say this.....not sure how anyone came up with "nerfing" after reading that."

If that's a calling out, so be it. All I did was state my position, Vavatron could have replied.

That said, and as Mufc14 said, the moderator did not reveal the whole truth, not my fault.

You might want to fix it again, I don't use the word "yoself"

He's just joking. Probably quoting Superbad. CHECK YOSELF FOOL! as Fogle would say
    Jay32 wrote: »
    Happy to hear tronus getting nerfed he's too OP but what about nanojack or OG & Rat heal? Those are the ones that make other bots below average.

Nanojack can be overcome and OG Prime with Ratchet might be OP but something has to be. Optimus needs to be absolute top tier, along with Mtronus, MV1, Demotron, Megatron, Primal and I guess Scorponok?
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    I totally agree and have always said Megatronus should never have been released. I don't feel bad for anyone that invested in him, this doesn't make him unusable but may add back in the necessary skill to be good with him. If you don't think he's OP look at the sheer number of people that have him as the #1 bot. That alone tells you they made him too good.

Soundwave should absolutely be on that list as he's barely usable compared to every other tech and I'd say he needs it over Galvatron. He's only good with extremely high sig otherwise he's fallen way behind.

@Kabam Miike I have become quite fond of Jazz and use him extensively in AM. His stun doesn't trigger nearly enough on S1 and many times the AI still holds onto s3 after using his S2. One simple fix that I don't think makes him OP is to tie his crit buffs to his specials and signature ability. For his S1 give him another 10% chance to stun per crit buff and on S2 add 1 second to confusion for each crit buff, and for his sig add in power drain or power gain per crit buff. This would focus on maintaining his buffs and should be fair. Otherwise I'd at least suggest his S2 apply an even longer confusion and the stun from his sig be extend, most of the time there isn't enough time to take advantage of it.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    So @Kabam Miike, will we get further details about this as the month progresses, until the release of 8.0 and everything else mentioned in the message from Optimus Prime discussion?
    Like what buffs/nerfs our underdogs will get?
  • QliverQliver Posts: 54
    Megatronus nerf is completely reasonable. All These butthurt People are the ones who own megatronus and Thought they’d always get to keep a SUPER op bot. Nope. He needed a nerf a LONG time ago.
  • LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    The one bot not on the list that desperately needs to be is cinematic megatron, aka Demotron.

He is pretty weak, even with barricade synergy, and has virtually no utility. Please consider buffing him

@Synthwave how is the old alliance these days?

Don’t call it a comeback, I have been here before :)
  • Legacy123Legacy123 Posts: 33
    Jetfire needed buff and megatronus soo imbalance. Megatronus needed nerf.