Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Rebalance: Who's on the List?

Hey Everybody!

So, as we've mentioned before, we're aiming to do a Rebalance of some of our Bots surrounding the 2 year anniversary. While we're still not totally ready to give you all of the details just yet, we wanted to give you a heads up on who we're looking into right now, so you can make educated choices going forward!

Our goal in this rebalance is to bring all Bots closer together in terms of performance, with an emphasis on raising up some of our lower performing Bots.

What we are sharing with you is an early look, and that means that this information is not final and is subject to change. This is a large endeavour, and while we're making every effort we can to get to all of these Bots, we can't 100% guarantee that we will be able to complete the list as we hope.

Hound
Mixmaster
Jetfire
Kickback
Starscream
Galvatron
Megatronus
Grindor
Sideswipe
Dinobot
Bumblebee (Dark of the Moon)
The Shieldmasters Synergy

Some of these Bots will see more adjustments than others, and some will only get very small tweaks.

As for Megatronus, this Bot does not need a buff. We recognize Megatronus as one of the most effective Bots in the game. We don't want to dethrone him, especially after many of you have worked hard to acquire and upgrade him. We're looking at balancing him a bit by targeting his core stats (base Health and Attack) and without touching his abilities, which ensures none of his unique functionality is compromised.

Again, this list is not final, but these are the Bots that we are targeting in this Balance update. Now, discuss!
Tagged:

Comments

• DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    @Synthwave

here you go buddy
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Please don't change Jetfire... I took my 5* to rank 5 and I'm completely used to him and he works just fine. Please don't make me regret it
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    I was going to fully forged him in the next few days/weeks
    I think I'll just wait actually ....
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    I see Tantrum is not on the list. I guess the back step once and erase all the buffs you built up mechanic is all good according to you guys.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Darm0k wrote: »
    I see Tantrum is not on the list. I guess the back step once and erase all the buffs you built up mechanic is all good according to you guys.

I see nothing wrong with it. Used him in Master for quite a while as a 4* and only switched him out due to less synergies with my current team.

If he could just backstep and keep buffs he would easily become op.
  • CeltCelt Posts: 190
    edited March 2019
    Hey Everybody!

What we are sharing with you is an early look, and that means that this information is not final and is subject to change. This is a large endeavour, and while we're making every effort we can to get to all of these Bots, we can't 100% guarantee that we will be able to complete the list as we hope.

@Darm0k I assume that, by saying this, he did not just meant the numbers were to change, but also the list of the bot. But again, nothing is certain, so just wait and see

Unless I misunderstood that ... Which I hope not
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    So good news, Megatronus isn't getting nuetered and we have The List.
    For mv bee I hope it's like his shock debuffs nullify armour and replace them with a stack per nullify, would make him a VERY good primal counter.
    In regards to hound... BUFF THAT BOI!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    kranders wrote: »
    I see nothing wrong with it. Used him in Master for quite a while as a 4* and only switched him out due to less synergies with my current team.

Haha. Damn. I’m not as skilled as you for sure. He would get beat up quickly if I brought him in master with me.

I don’t think he should keep his buffs when he back steps, but maybe not lose all. I bring him on raids once in a while and sometimes he back steps when I’m trying to sidestep and I lose all the buffs I carefully tried to build up without getting beat up. (Plus sometimes I back step out of muscle memory and that messes it up too) Maybe if he loses one buff or two instead?
    Celt wrote: »

@Darm0k I assume that, by saying this, he did not just meant the numbers were to change, but also the list of the bot. But again, nothing is certain, so just wait and see

You’re are probably thinking right. Things could change or maybe not. I guess I’m happy that at least they’re doing something.
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    So you are definitely going to nerf Megatronus but not sure about buffing the other bots on the list, because you have a very clear thought about how to nerf him but regarding the other bots you used words like (not final list, can’t 100% guarantee)
    Why don’t you just change the title to: Nerfing Megatronus & don’t know what else
  • Wait, where's Ramjet?
  • Mufc14 wrote: »
    So you are definitely going to nerf Megatronus but not sure about buffing the other bots on the list, because you have a very clear thought about how to nerf him but regarding the other bots you used words like (not final list, can’t 100% guarantee)
    Why don’t you just change the title to: Nerfing Megatronus & don’t know what else

They probably addressed it because that was going to be the most controversial Bot on the list. Better to explain it sooner than later.
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Darm0k wrote: »
    kranders wrote: »

Haha. Damn. I’m not as skilled as you for sure. He would get beat up quickly if I brought him in master with me.

I don’t think he should keep his buffs when he back steps, but maybe not lose all. I bring him on raids once in a while and sometimes he back steps when I’m trying to sidestep and I lose all the buffs I carefully tried to build up without getting beat up. (Plus sometimes I back step out of muscle memory and that messes it up too) Maybe if he loses one buff or two instead?
    Celt wrote: »

You’re are probably thinking right. Things could change or maybe not. I guess I’m happy that at least they’re doing something.

He is a much more unique style and you have to learn to use his block to go unstoppable. The thing I often see though is that people aren't necessarily measuring things accurately. He does start to suffer because if you're blocking in master as a 4* you're going to take a lot of damage. If you are using a 5* then blocking is more balanced. Same goes for a bot like UM. For Tantrum I will usually try to block after a heavy knockdown and regain some distance.
  • kranders wrote: »
    Please don't nerf Galvatron, you already made him perfect.

I agree, I don't see the need to touch Galvatron, he's one of my favorite to play and to me very well balanced in terms of damage output and fragility. Hopefully it's not a nerf.

I hope so too, but I don't see what they can buff with him.
    Maybe an increased chance to Dark Burn or increased Dark Burn Damage?
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    Lol, how about grimlock and his wet noodle sword
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Well I want all my resources back even the signature if megatronus will be nerfed @Kabam Miike 3nr41grq2iq3.png
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    I think the best way to "deal with" Megatronus is to make it so his power gain isnt affected by the robot resource mod. Dont touch Tronus just make his power gain unaffected by that mod. Then hell become manageable on defense without losing his offensive power
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Vavatron wrote: »
    That sounds like a Megatronus nerf to me.

Clearly you did not read, and only looked at the list.

They aren't touching his abilities, just core stats, which is perfectly reasonable. He is a monster and could be dialed back a bit in this regard.

Has more attack and health than brawlers right now, which are supposed to be the most robust class.
    I sincerely hope the shieldmasters synergy is left intact. It's what makes Jetfire playable and building charges effective by giving him time and space on melee attacks.

I can see possibly making Mixmaster the focal point, similar to Primal where he MUST be in the squad in order to activate the synergy.

How it works and what it does for JF and Dino should be maintained though. Makes them shine.
    Happy to see Grindor on the list, he has so much potential, but has really fallen behind.

The idea of a stackable permanent Crit debuff on S3 should be the bare minimum, as it plays directly into his skillset.

I would even go so far as to give him equivalent power rate when attacking through block during Crit debuffs.

Basically, 18% block penetration per Crit debuff should grant 18% power rate per Crit debuff as well.

Allows him to gain power slowly while utilizing his skillset.
    Mixmaster really just needs better trigger rate on acid debuffs, and he is a solid bot. I wouldn't go too overboard on him if I was doing a rebalance.

His Sig could use a slight buff as well, increasing return damage on concussive blocks as the Sig level goes up.

Right now, only his block proficiency increases with Sig level.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited March 2019
    Mufc14 wrote: »

Just like everybody else on the List, Megatronus is not final. I wanted to touch on him because he is the only one that we are considering Adjusting down and wanted to make sure you're all aware ASAP. The rest of these Bots are looking at getting some Buffs. Some minor, some more significant.

A few weeks ago you mentioned a rebalancing of "lower-performing" bots which clearly indicates buffs only. Unless this potential Megatronus nerf is a recent development, you held out on delivering certain info.

"April kicks off with a brand new update! The 8.0 Anniversary Update has some great surprises in store, including a long requested Bot Rebalance for some of our lower performing Bots, a new temporary Challenge, and an update to Alliance Missions!"

• Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited March 2019
    Pretty happy about the bots on the list.

SS I’m happy about. If he gets shock and is like arcee I’m all good with that.

Galvatron- if the first few range shots do no damage that’ll make him an instant god!

Tac bee- glad to see on the list. He fell behind the tacos

Dinobot- he could use a slight damage boost buff. Without Sm he’s average. His sp2 doesn’t really add much to crit rate.
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    What about Soundwave? Granted, if you ask me, he's still one of the most effective bots in the game at high forge/high sig, but, maaannn.. His Sp3 sucks. Gotta be about the weakest in the game. And his sp 1 could use just a little bit more power drain.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Manthro wrote: »
    Vavatron wrote: »
    That sounds like a Megatronus nerf to me.

Clearly you did not read, and only looked at the list.

They aren't touching his abilities, just core stats, which is perfectly reasonable. He is a monster and could be dialed back a bit in this regard.

Has more attack and health than brawlers right now, which are supposed to be the most robust class.

It's still a nerf, any reduction is a nerf.