Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Which five star to invest in?

This will be the main bot for my B team. I want to use it for spotlight missions on master level. Other bots for the team are four stars.
Teammates could be:
Starscream
Soundwave
Shockwave
Cyclonus
Tantrum
And probably some others.

Whichever bot I choose, it’ll most likely be some time before I circle back and rank the other. Glavatron is sig level 10 and I’ve got ten more to add if I choose.

Which five star to invest in? 41 votes

Galvatron duped
24%
ManthroBeastdadSuperiorSoundwaveMr_WonderfulIssy543FallingInStereoScarredArachnid333OptimalOptimus_MV1KittenNorthernLightRC 10 votes
Megatronus unduped
75%
Canuck33Gunz0KillMasterCChuck_CanuckFulMetalGrimlokSonerbabaDrShotgunBarricade1776serdoodDaveJLBobnfloydTracked_SignalSkBirdmanBlack_ThoughtUnknownShadow2021CONTRAAvacalhator_1magnusprime777Jazz444Red_Eyes 31 votes

Comments

• Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Megatronus unduped
    Just to make sure I am reading this correctly. You have a 5* Megatronus that isn’t already upgraded as far as you are able to?
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Megatronus unduped
    Unless you drew your Tronus thru pure luck, I don't see why youre keeping him for your B team, no, an option to your B team.
  • Options
    ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited June 2019
    Galvatron duped
    I'd so go with Galvatron.

All of the possible teammates are Decepticons and you have Cyclonus there, so the whole team would benefit from the Heralds of Chaos synergy, which would increase Crit and Special Damage for all bots.

Then there's other synergies:
    •Galvatron has increased Attack with Starscream.
    •Galvatron has increased Armor with Tantrum.
    •Galvatron has increased Heavy and SP3 Damage with Shockwave, which adds to the Heralds of Chaos Synergy.
    -This is if you don't include Soundwave, which is up to you if you would include him or not

They might be small additions, but they do help to benefit the whole team and make a difference. The only thing Megatronous can provide is the 5 Star increased Special Damage Synergy, which Galvatron already has.

Megatronous on his own is a game changing bot (well, that's what others say, I don't share that opinion too much. Then again, I don't have him as a 4/5*), but to me, Galvatron can be just as good with his massive damage. Heck, at least Galvs has consistent Power Rate. Megatronous can benefit the team, but not as much as Galvatron.

Unless you're planning to add a Megatron to the team, I may change my mind, but just do what you want to do.
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited June 2019
    Megatronus unduped
    Megatronus is a no brainer he’s #1 bot in game, I can’t believe you won him, I’m dying for him to go in the store I’ve been waiting so long, I’ve got a million chips and demo 5* awakening waiting for him, Megatronus is the best for AMs, Raids, and Spotlight
  • Options
    Galvatron duped
    Galvatron is a great demo, megatronus is way WAY overrated. He's fantastic, yes, but he doesn't do the most damage, Galvatron is a much stronger bot on specials. Besides, he is duped. So take galva up
  • Options
    CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    Megatronus unduped
    Rank up BOTH of those bots and put them both on the team, along with Cyclonus, Shockwave, and Tantrum.
  • Options
    omernuzomernuz Posts: 58
    Megatronus unduped
    Megatronus is the best bot in the game :)
  • Options
    Galvatron duped
    omernuz wrote: »
    Megatronus is the best bot in the game :)

No
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    None of them are very good imo
  • Options
    PeasPeas Posts: 74
    I would do both but I won’t have the resources to make that happen for some time.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Galvatron duped
    Really depends if you care much about defence. I’m very offensive so I love high damage bots. Galvy has been my MVP for almost a year with his insane heavy and special attacks. He’s only R3 max forge and deals 23k on a SP2. Plus his sig does help a lot I love the unstoppable it gives
  • Options
    Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Megatronus unduped
    Megatronus is king, he can do it all for you. Learn to utilize his life steal on sp2, it's by far the best special in the game. maybe galvatron will do slightly more damage on specials but he doesn't even come close to equalling tronus' survivability. Plus tronus runs very smooth and the passive power gain can be really useful vs those annoying range bots like blaster and arcee (and yes tronus is even good with a class disadvantage)
  • Options
    Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Galvatron duped
    Personally I’d say galvatron, but if given the choice from that list, I’d run both galvatron and tronus, along with shockwave as the core of your team, along with cyclonus and tantrum. Both galv and tronus serve very different purposes even though they’re both demo and as @Canuck33 said tronus can do it all. Don’t treat him like a demo, more of a utility bot. use galvatron for that burst damage from specials.

Since tronus can heal and power steal, I’d say rank up galvatron as he’s gonna need the survivability more. Tronus can handle himself well enough even when statistically outmatched.

If you get a g1 Megatron at any point, swap him in for cyclonus. Take it from personal experience that’s a very, very efficient team that can handle literally any task
  • Options
    RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    That's though. Either are good.
  • Options
    Megatronus unduped
    All the top teams use Megatronus in the Alliance Mission so definitely rank up Megatronus 1st then Galvatron later
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited June 2019
    Galvatron duped
    I very much dislike Megatronus' game mechanics and kit overall, but I can't deny he is a very effective bot for special content. I will personally never use him solely because of his power gain limitations... It throws off my timing in combos causing me to eat a counterattack when I expect to have a special attack ready to go.

Having said that, your potential synergies outweigh the advantage you get from Megatronus as a standalone, so I say Galvatron. He is one of the better demo bots overall.

In the end you'll probably want them both, but I'd focus on the synergy squad before putting resources into Megatronus.

This really boils down to individual preference, as both bots have incredible damage potential.

Galv has higher damage potential, while Megatronus gives you a defensive safety net, plus power/life steal for survival.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Beastdad wrote: »

Well yeah they are both bad guys.

But as bots in this game, they are elite.

They aren't elite IMO

EDIT: okay galvatron is pretty good...but the number 1 demo for me is Megatron
  • Options
    Galvatron duped

They aren't elite IMO

Demo Megatron is literally the worst demo bot. You gotta jump through 900 hoops to do the same damage every other demo bot simply does on the regular.

Even Mixmaster is better, bro.
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »

They aren't elite IMO

Demo Megatron is literally the worst demo bot. You gotta jump through 900 hoops to do the same damage every other demo bot simply does on the regular.

That's your opinion...it doesn't mean it's right...but then again no opinions are right because they aren't facts so I guess it's just a personal preference
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049

They aren't elite IMO

lb2q4k0rps9m.gif
  • Options
    Galvatron duped

They aren't elite IMO

That's your opinion...it doesn't mean it's right...but then again no opinions are right because they aren't facts so I guess it's just a personal preference

Ok... Facts then. And I only need one.

You have to surround him with the literal worst bots in each class for him to be even close to good.

The end.

I won't derail this thread any further.
  • Options

They aren't elite IMO

Ok... Facts then. And I only need one.

You have to surround him with the literal worst bots in each class for him to be even close to good.

The end.

I won't derail this thread any further.

That's still an opinion
  • Options
    PeasPeas Posts: 74
    Well I have an opinion too.
    It’s that you guys are awesome. Thank you for all the thoughtful replies.
  • Options
    Megatronus unduped
    Peas wrote: »

No problem lol 😂 looks like everyone has their own preference, but I’m sure the most of the top Commanders are using Megatronus instead of Galvatron cause I’ve seen many more ranked up Megatronus than Galvatron
  • Options
    Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Galvatron duped
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    Peas wrote: »

No problem lol 😂 looks like everyone has their own preference, but I’m sure the most of the top Commanders are using Megatronus instead of Galvatron cause I’ve seen many more ranked up Megatronus than Galvatron

Im going to agree with you there, but how many of those top commanders see tronus as an outright demo bot? The idea of a demo in this game is a burst damage through some form of damage increase. Galv’s dark burn charges, mix’s special and crit damage buffs paired with acid, demotron’s impair charges, ironhide’s crit on missile attacks paired with his sig.... tronus doesn’t offer that. A demo by description shouldn’t be able to steal health or power. Ok, he has dark burn as well, and more accessible than galv, but still, he’s more a bit of everything than a burst damage demo bot.

He really should have been left classless, as he doesn’t really fit into the description of any class, except maybe tactition for being able to offer utility and good synergies. The top players may be ranking him up over anyone else, but he fits in well with galv in the same team, as they offer very different purposes. There’s not many other bot combinations that make it so worthwhile doubling up on a class, especially when you factor in additional synergies to both of them, like cyclonus, g1 Megatron, shockwave.... tronus will still stand out, but not as a demo. The burst damage in that sort of team would come from galvatron, as a demo should.

I guess it was up to kabam, and he had to go somewhere. It’s the price to pay for making him playable.
  • Options
    Megatronus unduped

They aren't elite IMO

Ok @Bntyhntr3232_ , please elaborate on your Megatron comment that he is the # 1 Demo. I know this is opinion but I would love to hear someone make the case. He was my first duped 5* and I started then the path to make him a top bot. Within a week of using him, I was so disappointed. Doesn’t hit very hard and has no utility. Aside from his last ditch healing, I see nothing particularly standout from him. That said, I do believe that a player’s comfort level with a certain bot goes a long way. If you like the way a bot “moves” than that may be enuf.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

They aren't elite IMO

Ok @Bntyhntr3232_ , please elaborate on your Megatron comment that he is the # 1 Demo. I know this is opinion but I would love to hear someone make the case. He was my first duped 5* and I started then the path to make him a top bot. Within a week of using him, I was so disappointed. Doesn’t hit very hard and has no utility. Aside from his last ditch healing, I see nothing particularly standout from him. That said, I do believe that a player’s comfort level with a certain bot goes a long way. If you like the way a bot “moves” than that may be enuf.

First of all his impair charges make a noticeable difference and his special 2 does insane damage same for sp3 and Sp1 inflicts 13 impair charges...his unstoppable is useful...especially when doing ROK
  • Options
    Megatronus unduped
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

They aren't elite IMO

First of all his impair charges make a noticeable difference and his special 2 does insane damage same for sp3 and Sp1 inflicts 13 impair charges...his unstoppable is useful...especially when doing ROK

Hmmm....here’s my experience and comparison.

- Impair charges take too long to pile up for what you get in return. I was even using him with my fav scout (Barricade) which doubled the stack rate. With an R2/5* Megatron, I was seeing at best 4K damage with his heavy (even with a Crit). My R5/4* Tronus does 3k regularly with his heavy. Thinking about it more, the fight would be nearly over before I got impair charges up to 99 more than once per fright.

- SP2 is powerful, but no more so than any of the other Demos. The difference is that ALL of the other Demos can grant some sort of added perk with their SP2 (Dark burn, Stun, Unblockable, etc).

- SP3 is only better than maybe Ramjets. All of the other Demos exceed Megatron in damage.

- Unstoppable is frustrating because it’s only helpful when timing is just right. It’s not something you set up or fight actively with. You only get lucky if it triggers when you accidentally take a hit. Something you aren’t intentionally doing.

In the end, it’s about who you like. Hope this friendly debate was helpful to folks.