Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Which five star to invest in?

Comments

• Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Sp3 is only good with lots of impair charges...plus it adds 20
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Megatronus unduped

That's just impression. I think your argument could use some data and analysis like what's provided by @JIMMY_SAB .
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Megatronus unduped
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Beastdad wrote: »
    None of them are very good imo

Well yeah they are both bad guys.

But as bots in this game, they are elite.

They aren't elite IMO

EDIT: okay galvatron is pretty good...but the number 1 demo for me is Megatron

Ok @Bntyhntr3232_ , please elaborate on your Megatron comment that he is the # 1 Demo. I know this is opinion but I would love to hear someone make the case. He was my first duped 5* and I started then the path to make him a top bot. Within a week of using him, I was so disappointed. Doesn’t hit very hard and has no utility. Aside from his last ditch healing, I see nothing particularly standout from him. That said, I do believe that a player’s comfort level with a certain bot goes a long way. If you like the way a bot “moves” than that may be enuf.

First of all his impair charges make a noticeable difference and his special 2 does insane damage same for sp3 and Sp1 inflicts 13 impair charges...his unstoppable is useful...especially when doing ROK
    First of all his impair charges make a noticeable difference

Like many others have said,

That's unfortunate.
  • Options
    Galvatron duped
    None of them are very good imo

Well yeah they are both bad guys.

But as bots in this game, they are elite.

They aren't elite IMO

EDIT: okay galvatron is pretty good...but the number 1 demo for me is Megatron

Hell, RAMJET is better than him. He's good, but demo megatron kinda sucks.
  • Options
    PeasPeas Posts: 74
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Just to make sure I am reading this correctly. You have a 5* Megatronus that isn’t already upgraded as far as you are able to?

You are reading it correctly. I got lucky on a 3-5 star crystal when he first came out, but I’ve been focused on my G1Autobot team and am only now about to put resources in other places.
  • Options
    Demo Megatron is 1 step above Demo Sharkticon, but at least Demo Shark gets a good synergy with all of his buddies tagging along.

Outside of Megs SP2, there is not a lot to like about him.

Saying Galvatron is "pretty good" is like saying Jordan was a "decent" basketball player.

So if shark is "better" with a synergy then what about the All HAIL lord megatron synergy?

And the reason he is my favorite is because he was my first 4* and I've had a lot of time to use him...no matter what anyone says I'm still going to like him
  • Options
    Demo Megatron is 1 step above Demo Sharkticon, but at least Demo Shark gets a good synergy with all of his buddies tagging along.

Saying Galvatron is "pretty good" is like saying Jordan was a "decent" basketball player.

So if shark is "better" with a synergy then what about the All HAIL lord megatron synergy?

And the reason he is my favorite is because he was my first 4* and I've had a lot of time to use him...no matter what anyone says I'm still going to like him

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking a particular bot over another, but trying to call out Galvatron and Tronus as being "not very good" got you in a bind. They are at the top of the list in their class, due to power output and life longevity, that is not up for debate. (Not to mention they both get amazing synergy with other powerful bots.)

It's not Demo Megs synergy that is the problem, it is the bots you have to use with him to obtain it.

Like whoever you want, but try leave the emotional response out when you are comparing bots. My first max forged demo was also Megs, so I get it.

And I genuinely dislike Tronus...
  • Options
    Galvatron duped

There is absolutely nothing wrong with liking a particular bot over another, but trying to call out Galvatron and Tronus as being "not very good" got you in a bind. They are at the top of the list in their class, due to power output and life longevity, that is not up for debate. (Not to mention they both get amazing synergy with other powerful bots.)

It's not Demo Megs synergy that is the problem, it is the bots you have to use with him to obtain it.

Like whoever you want, but try leave the emotional response out when you are comparing bots. My first max forged demo was also Megs, so I get it.

Dislike him or not, tronus is way better than demo megatron, which makes sense
  • Options

Again that's an opinion and based on your playstyle
  • Options
    Galvatron duped

Not so much an opinion
  • Options

Not so much an opinion

Yes it is
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited June 2019
    Megatronus unduped

It's your opinion that that is an opinion. Gain a lot more experience in this game and you'll realize that it is a fact that Megatronus is far better than Demo Megatron.

• Options
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

It's your opinion that that is an opinion. Gain a lot more experience in this game and you'll realize that it is a fact that Megatronus is far better than Demo Megatron.

Why does everyone want to shove their opinions on me?
  • Options
    Let's not derail this thread any farther because you're unable to comprehend that someone has a different opinion...I'm out
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Megatronus unduped

My friend, this is not the place to learn the nuances of opinion and fact, especially in an online forum. Just stop and think about what you just wrote. You literally asked a question above. Which means you want an answer. Followed by you saying you’re “out” on this thread. You clearly feel attacked.

I’m here to say that none of the comments here warrant that level of negative reaction. Hope you can see that when everyone in the room is trying to tell you something, that it is a signal to reflect on your own opinion — particularly how you are articulating it. Doesn’t mean you aren’t entitled to your opinion, it means that putting said opinion out there is going garner attention.

• Options
    Galvatron duped

Not so much an opinion

Yes it is

Aight, while you say that demo mega is a good demo, and that's fine, he isn't better than megatronus. Im not shoving it down, but if you want to use demo megs over tronus, go for it. Demo megs is fine.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Megatronus unduped

Why are you trying to dismiss the position of people who say that Megatronus is better than Demo Megatron by casting them off as just opinions?

Then you try to play the victim. I am certainly not going to be passed off as a bully. I stated my position in a very respectful and matter of fact way and my position is based on facts and 18 months of experience of playing this game extensively.
  • Options
    Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Galvatron duped

It’s just opinions mate. Nothing is fact. Especially in a balanced game like this.

Demotron has his uses, but you lose the impair charges if you land a heavy..... I can understand why folks don’t like him. Such things hinder natural gameplay. Personally I think galv is best due to the accessibility of heavy burst damage, and a more balanced power gain over tronus, but it’s just my opinion. Anyone can disagree about anything.

Demotron is a good BC counter, something galv and tronus aren’t. It’s a give and take. Hell folks might disagree with my opinions about who’s best in each class, but take it with a pinch of salt. If you like demotron, use him. Don’t let other folks away that. I use and rank bots that others might not like or rate as highly as others, but it’s not up to them. Your opinion is yours
  • Options

It’s just opinions mate. Nothing is fact. Especially in a balanced game like this.

Demotron has his uses, but you lose the impair charges if you land a heavy..... I can understand why folks don’t like him. Such things hinder natural gameplay. Personally I think galv is best due to the accessibility of heavy burst damage, and a more balanced power gain over tronus, but it’s just my opinion. Anyone can disagree about anything.

Demotron is a good BC counter, something galv and tronus aren’t. It’s a give and take. Hell folks might disagree with my opinions about who’s best in each class, but take it with a pinch of salt. If you like demotron, use him. Don’t let other folks away that. I use and rank bots that others might not like or rate as highly as others, but it’s not up to them. Your opinion is yours

Thanks for understanding

And to all others...I just don't like tronus. I'm fine if you like him but I don't...and demotron is only good if you're doing a ranged playstyle
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049

Thanks for understanding

And to all others...I just don't like tronus. I'm fine if you like him but I don't...and demotron is only good if you're doing a ranged playstyle

It's fine to have a preference. You crossed the line when you said Tronus isn't good. That is not an opinion, but something that can be supported with facts. Show us a side by side comparison that proves Tronus isn't good, and the same comparison that shows demomegs is better than Tronus.
  • Options

Thanks for understanding

It's fine to have a preference. You crossed the line when you said Tronus isn't good. That is not an opinion, but something that can be supported with facts. Show us a side by side comparison that proves Tronus isn't good, and the same comparison that shows demomegs is better than Tronus.

Ok they have some differences but are both easily countered Tronus is countered by Shockwave KB OG prime and demo megs is counterable by blaster and scorponok
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Megatronus unduped

Thanks for understanding

Ok they have some differences but are both easily countered Tronus is countered by Shockwave KB OG prime and demo megs is counterable by blaster and scorponok

Now you're talking about AI.
    The hardest fight against Demotron this year was when he was paired a All or Nothing mod. Otherwise he's a breeze. Tronus? Robotronus is still the hardest daily fight in raids and weekly in AM.
  • Options
    Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    Galvatron duped

Thanks for understanding

Now you're talking about AI.
    The hardest fight against Demotron this year was when he was paired a All or Nothing mod. Otherwise he's a breeze. Tronus? Robotronus is still the hardest daily fight in raids and weekly in AM.

I agree here and want to elaborate a little bit.

Demotron is probably the easiest fight AI wise. It’s a breeze to fight him. However in a players hands it’s another case altogether. A player knows not to throw heavy after heavy when unstoppable because it makes no sense to do so, coupled with the AI’s insistence on playing the ranged game constantly makes him easy to fight.

Tronus is bloody unpredictable at the best of times and knows to hold on for that sp3, especially during raids. The alternate method of power gain can throw anybody off their rhythm. However in the hands of s player he really is godly. His heavy melts all and add the knowledge to health steal when necessary, dark burn and he’s a truly solid bot. I dispute that he is a demo though. But he has to be something I guess.

@Bntyhntr3232_ it’s ok to have the opinion about demotron, I respect it and won’t critique you for having it. But being factual, tronus is the harder opponent, and has a higher damage output overall. Combined with the longevity he provides it’s hard to say otherwise. But demotron does have his uses, just different from tronus. Played right, demotron can be lethal, but the AI for him makes such an easy fight compared to tronus.

As far as using tronus goes, I’m in agreement. Not a fan. His power gain throws me off compared to other bots. But the one thing that can’t be denied is his efficiency as an opponent and in the skilled hands, a very effective bot to use. Not going to bash you for it, as others would bash me for having opinions that differ from theirs, but being realistic, there’s a reason he was the only one to get a nerf, albeit a small one, in the last bot update. That’s why the majority see him as the top bot. And I won’t bash them for using a bot I don’t particularly like either.
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    This is still going on? 😂

@Bntyhntr3232_ you should just leave it for now. If you enjoy demo Megatron, then keep going with him. He suits your style of play, that's great. Fit is sometimes more important than just using a better bot. However, you do have to accept that the general consensus does think Tronus is levels better than Megs whether you like it or not. There's a reason for that too.

People were asking you to discuss and breakdown why you believe he's better but you never really did. Just threw out some random comments. You thought his unstoppable was useful, why is it useful? Expand on your thoughts.

Anyways, keep using demo Megs and make some videos. Videos are always strong arguments. Don't get so offended if someone wants to debate your opinion, listen to it, think about it and state a constructive counter argument.
  • Options
    JKL wrote: »
    This is still going on? 😂

@Bntyhntr3232_ you should just leave it for now. If you enjoy demo Megatron, then keep going with him. He suits your style of play, that's great. Fit is sometimes more important than just using a better bot. However, you do have to accept that the general consensus does think Tronus is levels better than Megs whether you like it or not. There's a reason for that too.

People were asking you to discuss and breakdown why you believe he's better but you never really did. Just threw out some random comments. You thought his unstoppable was useful, why is it useful? Expand on your thoughts.

Anyways, keep using demo Megs and make some videos. Videos are always strong arguments. Don't get so offended if someone wants to debate your opinion, listen to it, think about it and state a constructive counter argument.

I'd make videos but when I post them it says that it can't use them or somethin like that
  • Options
    And about demo megs...I don't have a specific reason why I like him so I'll just state a few

Often when I'm getting hit with a combo unstoppable triggers at the first hit and it's in effect at the last so I can immediately counterattack

When I get lots of impair charges and use a SP3 the damage is awesome

He is one of the only bots that has crazy powerful ranged attacks

And the reasons i think he is better than tronus

Tronus is only really used for base defense...with the robot resource...

Tronus has such a slow rate of power that it takes an eternity to use even a SP1

I find that tronus has a low damage output compared to Even Ratchet

Demo megs has a heavy attack booster which tronus is lacking

But I will admit that the relic of immortality is Freaking annoying to play against...but megatronus is a defense bot...not an attack bot so there is my arguement

But if it's for defense? Tronus takes the cake

And if it's offense DemoTron is better
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Megatronus unduped
    And about demo megs...I don't have a specific reason why I like him so I'll just state a few

Often when I'm getting hit with a combo unstoppable triggers at the first hit and it's in effect at the last so I can immediately counterattack

When I get lots of impair charges and use a SP3 the damage is awesome

He is one of the only bots that has crazy powerful ranged attacks

And the reasons i think he is better than tronus

Tronus is only really used for base defense...with the robot resource...

Tronus has such a slow rate of power that it takes an eternity to use even a SP1

But I will admit that the relic of immortality is Freaking annoying to play against...but megatronus is a defense bot...not an attack bot so there is my arguement

But if it's for defense? Tronus takes the cake

And if it's offense DemoTron is better

Yeah... gotta disagree with you about Tronus here buddy
    Kinda agreed that Tronus has lower damage output than such bots as Ironhide and Galvatron. But Ratchet? His heavy activates dark burn after every use, not to mention that his Life Steal takes away a portion of the opponent's health as direct damage. I find Tronus muh stronger than Ratchet. Well, unless you're comparing 3* Tronus vs 4* Ratchet
    Tronus lacks a heavy attack booster? I'm pretty much the Dark Burn he puts out are much better than the extra critical damage coming from Megs
    That I can agree with. Power Rate has always been the biggest problem with him. It's a way to balance things out and not make him broken.

But then again, opinions are like armpits, everyone has them (and they stink). So it's cool that you prefer a more underused bot like Megs over someone like friggin' Tronus.