Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Spotlight Mission: Till All Are Gone.

Comments

• SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Seb1976 wrote: »
    Slayer wrote: »
    qnvy6flcru9z.gif
    Repair much?

In Master I had NP down to 10% health when he unleashed an SP3 and regained 99% health ... I still won

Lol i played safe in master using cheetor for the most encounters with NP . But did bypassed the repair one time with wasp sp2 it was nice 🤩
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    qnvy6flcru9z.gif
    Repair much?

In Master I had NP down to 10% health when he unleashed an SP3 and regained 99% health ... I still won

His sp3 isn't responsible for that much heal. Read the mods he has equipped on that node .

• BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    qnvy6flcru9z.gif
    Repair much?

Not anymore lol
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    Manthro wrote: »
    qnvy6flcru9z.gif
    Repair much?

His sp3 isn't responsible for that much heal. Read the mods he has equipped on that node .

Manthro is right. What likely happened was a combination of the last-ditch health with the life steal that activates when an unlocked sig Nemesis Prime connects with an SP attack. I had that happened to me when I tangled with NP in Expert a few times. The combined life-steal and last-ditch health took NP's health from 20% to 90% over 6 seconds in one case. Which is why Cheetor (health block on SP1), Shockwave (SP2 and SP3), an unlocked sig Megatronus that can successfully activate Relic of Obedience, etc... will come in handy here. Also, Waspinator (and I suspect a well-timed Ironhide SP3) will take down NP without that nasty last-ditch health-gain (that path in Expert was also a pain in the butt, BTW... but I got through it without spending Energon).
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Technobot wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    qnvy6flcru9z.gif
    Repair much?

Manthro is right. What likely happened was a combination of the last-ditch health with the life steal that activates when an unlocked sig Nemesis Prime connects with an SP attack. I had that happened to me when I tangled with NP in Expert a few times. The combined life-steal and last-ditch health took NP's health from 20% to 90% over 6 seconds in one case. Which is why Cheetor (health block on SP1), Shockwave (SP2 and SP3), an unlocked sig Megatronus that can successfully activate Relic of Obedience, etc... will come in handy here. Also, Waspinator (and I suspect a well-timed Ironhide SP3) will take down NP without that nasty last-ditch health-gain (that path in Expert was also a pain in the butt, BTW... but I got through it without spending Energon).

Nope. It's because of the buff duration +100% mod. Therefore 40% becomes 80%.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

That’s a messed up mod combo.
    Darm0k wrote: »

That’s a messed up mod combo.

Indeed, that sound like cheating. But I still prefer it to a bland prime boost of health. At least that repair can be blocked (Cheetor/Shocky) or suppressed (Relic of Obedience).
  • Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    qnvy6flcru9z.gif
    Repair much?

Something similar here(he went from 8% to around 80% in Master after I got tagged by a Special), but G1 Megs' fused Sp3 Shock helped a lot.
  • I read somewhere else on here that the 40% heal mod that kicks in when he’s about to die is doubled to 80% by the double buff duration mod ; the 25% health he recovers from his sp is just a cherry on top.

Galvatron sp3 ftw btw.

• Job4abotJob4abot Posts: 40
    So here’s my story. Been playing since March my best bots are mv1 about 3500, mv megatron about 3600 and galvatron about 3500. Without mods I can prolly beat a bot in the 7k range.....with mods and high sigs I struggle cause I don’t quite get all the ins and outs of the abilities....I usually just pick a bot and slug it out lol. Plus when they’re in the 5-6k range with mods they just seem so aggressive like they know I’m lower rated. Anyway I’m working on expert path to finish not completion. Chapter 3 mv1 beats all of my bots and I have to revive like 3 times ....swear I was getting hosed with the I’ll take u on and resisting stuff left and right. So I’m like no way I can beat nemesis in part 2....I beat him first try with mv megatron and I had life to spare lol. Go figure
  • BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Job4abot wrote: »
    So here’s my story. Been playing since March my best bots are mv1 about 3500, mv megatron about 3600 and galvatron about 3500. Without mods I can prolly beat a bot in the 7k range.....with mods and high sigs I struggle cause I don’t quite get all the ins and outs of the abilities....I usually just pick a bot and slug it out lol. Plus when they’re in the 5-6k range with mods they just seem so aggressive like they know I’m lower rated. Anyway I’m working on expert path to finish not completion. Chapter 3 mv1 beats all of my bots and I have to revive like 3 times ....swear I was getting hosed with the I’ll take u on and resisting stuff left and right. So I’m like no way I can beat nemesis in part 2....I beat him first try with mv megatron and I had life to spare lol. Go figure

Same thing here man. It’s because MV1 is given two extremely powerful mods that work terribly well together. The power charges are probably the strongest mod in the game. Nine hits isn’t even two full combos and now a character has a little over two power bars. And with special 3 unlocked you absolutely must be careful with those power charges, so you’re unable to attack often. Which wouldn’t be terrible, except MV1 has a very aggressive AI with a strong attack/melee buff(can’t remember which) that will kill high level bots in three or four combos. So all you can really do is just strike once or twice before you need to constantly run and dodge. MV1 was the only character I had to use revived against on Master. He’s a powerhouse.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

Same thing here man. It’s because MV1 is given two extremely powerful mods that work terribly well together. The power charges are probably the strongest mod in the game. Nine hits isn’t even two full combos and now a character has a little over two power bars. And with special 3 unlocked you absolutely must be careful with those power charges, so you’re unable to attack often. Which wouldn’t be terrible, except MV1 has a very aggressive AI with a strong attack/melee buff(can’t remember which) that will kill high level bots in three or four combos. So all you can really do is just strike once or twice before you need to constantly run and dodge. MV1 was the only character I had to use revived against on Master. He’s a powerhouse.

End combos early with a heavy. Most of the time it will bait the special out of em. Or use prowl and save to sp3. Kb special2 will work as well I believe. I cleared with scream, his shots eat those charges while causing damage and then the sp2 is only 2 hits and causes lots of pretty damage.
    Rocsolid wrote: »

End combos early with a heavy. Most of the time it will bait the special out of em. Or use prowl and save to sp3. Kb special2 will work as well I believe. I cleared with scream, his shots eat those charges while causing damage and then the sp2 is only 2 hits and causes lots of pretty damage.

But if your heavy baits out a special, you're dead. Melee or ranged heavy, Mv1's sp1 gets you all the time.

Well A) I’ve already beaten every level of this mission, and Starscream was indeed a valuable asset on Master against him. And B) there are lots of power controlling bots, but most of their abilities can’t fully counteract those charges, although Prowl can come closest with his reliable power lock. Kickback is ill advised though seeing as his special 2 has 10 hits and is guaranteed to give him over two bars, and his power leaks aren’t strong enough or reliable enough to really affect most bots power, nevermind countering power charges. But bots like Kickback and Prowl are also easily countered by MV1 because they rely on playing offensively and have no defensive abilities outside of their evades and have low health. Normally wouldn’t be a problem, but again, aggressive AI and a melee boost make them hard to use.

In the end I had to use every one of my bots against him to finally bring him down, Ramjet took him down to about 90%, Soundwave around 75%, Shockwave around 50%, Megatron was able to take him to 20% before his Last Stand kicked in and he just went all in and slaughtered me, and finally Starscream was right there to burn through all his armor and attack buffs at just the right time. Seriously, you can make a strong case for Screamer being the best bot in the game.

Well A) I’ve already beaten every level of this mission, and Starscream was indeed a valuable asset on Master against him. And B) there are lots of power controlling bots, but most of their abilities can’t fully counteract those charges, although Prowl can come closest with his reliable power lock. Kickback is ill advised though seeing as his special 2 has 10 hits and is guaranteed to give him over two bars, and his power leaks aren’t strong enough or reliable enough to really affect most bots power, nevermind countering power charges. But bots like Kickback and Prowl are also easily countered by MV1 because they rely on playing offensively and have no defensive abilities outside of their evades and have low health. Normally wouldn’t be a problem, but again, aggressive AI and a melee boost make them hard to use.

In the end I had to use every one of my bots against him to finally bring him down, Ramjet took him down to about 90%, Soundwave around 75%, Shockwave around 50%, Megatron was able to take him to 20% before his Last Stand kicked in and he just went all in and slaughtered me, and finally Starscream was right there to burn through all his armor and attack buffs at just the right time. Seriously, you can make a strong case for Screamer being the best bot in the game.

Ignore that emoji I don’t know why it keeps finding its way into my posts.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

Best bot in certain situations. Throw him in against g1 megs or someone who has no buffs, he struggles more than many. Still a bit pillow fisted, but balance is important. There’s stuff in the game he can’t nullify.

Best bot in certain situations. Throw him in against g1 megs or someone who has no buffs, he struggles more than many. Still a bit pillow fisted, but balance is important. There’s stuff in the game he can’t nullify.

True, but his ranged, heavies and first two specials hit pretty hard to balance himself out. Plus fighting Megs with Starscream always feels great and vice versa. It’s like fighting Shockwave with Soundwave, just feels right.
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760

True, but his ranged, heavies and first two specials hit pretty hard to balance himself out. Plus fighting Megs with Starscream always feels great and vice versa. It’s like fighting Shockwave with Soundwave, just feels right.

Fighting a highly duped soundwave with shockers is annoying as hell, constantly reflecting the sp1. Talk about a hard counter. Great fight visually though and requires plenty concentration to land those shocks.

Personally I love smacking bayverse bots around with g1 bots, it’s so satisfying. Especially mv megatron.

Scream, I’ve always felt was overshadowed by megs. Being able to steal repair and other useful stuff has always been more appealing to me, especially in longer battles. Far from saying he’s useless, because screamer is great, but megs has so much more utility that makes him a better option in my opinion.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302

But if your heavy baits out a special, you're dead. Melee or ranged heavy, Mv1's sp1 gets you all the time.

I've never had a problem. In higher levels you cant be careless with it, but yes it works. And no i dont take many specials at all.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

I would say the power flow mod is more annoying.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Just gotta ask, is this a reference to the band? If so, well played... well played indeed.

jq7pf2tbe9w8.jpg
  • SkBirdman wrote: »
    Just gotta ask, is this a reference to the band? If so, well played... well played indeed.

jq7pf2tbe9w8.jpg

Can confirm it is definitely an Easter Egg for that. ;)

Fighting a highly duped soundwave with shockers is annoying as hell, constantly reflecting the sp1. Talk about a hard counter. Great fight visually though and requires plenty concentration to land those shocks.

Personally I love smacking bayverse bots around with g1 bots, it’s so satisfying. Especially mv megatron.

Scream, I’ve always felt was overshadowed by megs. Being able to steal repair and other useful stuff has always been more appealing to me, especially in longer battles. Far from saying he’s useless, because screamer is great, but megs has so much more utility that makes him a better option in my opinion.

Megatron is definitely the better of the two, permanent debuffs mean he can go against anyone as long as they aren’t using an Exo-Filter. And whenever I’m fighting a Shockwave, I’m using my Soundwave. I’d always hoped Soundwave would be the one to kill Shockwave in the IDW comics, but instead he dies saving Earth and Ol’ One Eye lives on.
    Darm0k wrote: »

I would say the power flow mod is more annoying.

I can see that. Power mods on bots with a special 3 unlocked are bad in general. They wind up changing the gameplay to from being skilled enough to outright dodge specials to praying to Primus that the AI won’t just save up for that special 3 and kill you in one go.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Trying to beat expert...them 6k fights are brutal!
    Yea I’m trying to finish expert chapter 3. Haven’t been doing too bad but I attempted the last path towards nemesis ....lane of all 6k bots (trying to get out of way) and it was really tough I couldn’t finish it. That was prolly the first time I’ve ever seen the cpu dodging a lot, hitting me even after I dodge, and dodging and blocking my combos while in mid combo. None of the other lanes were like this at all. Is it just me? Anyone else notice this? It wasn’t fun. To the point where I’m not gonna get angry about it just won’t finish and wait for the next spotlight. This is the second straight month where I can complete chapter 1 and 2 but not 3
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Yea I’m trying to finish expert chapter 3. Haven’t been doing too bad but I attempted the last path towards nemesis ....lane of all 6k bots (trying to get out of way) and it was really tough I couldn’t finish it. That was prolly the first time I’ve ever seen the cpu dodging a lot, hitting me even after I dodge, and dodging and blocking my combos while in mid combo. None of the other lanes were like this at all. Is it just me? Anyone else notice this? It wasn’t fun. To the point where I’m not gonna get angry about it just won’t finish and wait for the next spotlight. This is the second straight month where I can complete chapter 1 and 2 but not 3

The A.I. and mods are just tough for ch 3 in comparison to the prior two. I used to feel like you and now I’m fully exploring Master. Trust me it wasn’t that long ago that I was spending energon to get through Expert. That said, it’s critical to make that leap. Getting that T3C to R5 your 4* is key making progress into higher level AM, Master, & ultimately R3/5* Bots. I use that benchmark for 5* bots because it’s where they make 4* bots obsolete.

Good luck. Post videos if you want fight advice.
  • ArnZeBarnArnZeBarn Posts: 90
    qnvy6flcru9z.gif
    Repair much?

another fun way to fight nemesis prime / last ditch:

https://youtu.be/SFEYGNrWB9Y
  • creepshow5creepshow5 Posts: 10
    In the same boat trying to 100% Expert haven't been able to do it for months. Getting closer, 3 paths left. In these difficult missions I would like to have use of my mods.
    I have 1 path last vs mv1 and ran out of Energon lol. I’m on expert. I wasn’t going to attempt to finish cause the last several times I got really frustrated and it wasn’t fun so I just reserved to the fact that it got the best of me. But tonight I pulled a 5 star sound wave and rank it up once and thought eh let’s try it again. Finished 4 paths on 3.1 and 3.2 of expert....little Energon use but not much I must have been in the zone