Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Best Bot in the game! Outside of Tronus off course

Comments

• Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Round 3 is up!
  • Options
    Kenner1980Kenner1980 Posts: 30
    edited August 2019
    Round 3 is up!

2ubmbd7eppox.png

oiab76fyt32q.png

cfq32gklktgz.png

udsmil454kwc.png

Please vote!

https://polltab.com/bracket-poll/1Q6auc1Gt
  • Options
    BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    Mirage and Wheeljack was tough.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I think Mirage is archaic. He fits for some scenarios, like extremely long fights, but he's outdated.
  • Options
    I think Mirage is archaic. He fits for some scenarios, like extremely long fights, but he's outdated.

Cmon man. Power boost, reduced ranged and critical damage, power burn, attack down/stun, and attack buffs for dodging anything? He’s just as good now as ever. Wheeljack has some similarities with Mirage so it made it harder, but Mirage is still a bit better, so I went with him.
  • Options
    BrickT1973 wrote: »

Cmon man. Power boost, reduced ranged and critical damage, power burn, attack down/stun, and attack buffs for dodging anything? He’s just as good now as ever. Wheeljack has some similarities with Mirage so it made it harder, but Mirage is still a bit better, so I went with him.

I would say mirage is indeed the better bot for the longer fights and wheeljack just top it in the shorter fights especially when he is on nano repair.
  • Options
    Canuck33Canuck33 Posts: 244
    Wheeljack is amazing on long fights once you set up his healing. you can last forever where mirage will eventually die. Wheeljack is by far the better bot between those 2.
  • Options
    Just saw this poll. Wow! Grimlock is already out. He’s the best in my opinion. He’s immune to everything, in fact debuffs turn to fury to make him stronger.

OG Prime all the way from here now. ;)
  • Options
    RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Canuck33 wrote: »
    Wheeljack is amazing on long fights once you set up his healing. you can last forever where mirage will eventually die. Wheeljack is by far the better bot between those 2.

Long fights are way shorter with mirage. Got my base r4 mirage to 27 buffs and his heavy was doing almost 20k.
    WJ is flat out amazing, but I wouldn't go as far as to say 'by far'
  • Options
    RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    Just saw this poll. Wow! Grimlock is already out. He’s the best in my opinion. He’s immune to everything, in fact debuffs turn to fury to make him stronger.

He isn't immune lol.
  • Options
    NightpathNightpath Posts: 644

Those ticks of damage before purification can add up if you're not careful... and even though he's pretty quick on his feet, he just doesn't hit very hard, even with his buffs. Still, grimlock can be fun.

In the right situation.

Well, okay, in arenas. ;)
  • Options
    Canuck33 wrote: »

Wheeljack has stun, shock, power lock, defense boost, offense boost, power rate boost, and a heal on special 3 that varies if you have three upgrades. With his signature, Wheeljack is briefly invulnerable at three health thresholds except for Backfires, DOTs, Starscreams Null Ray, and Cheetors Feral Strike. This turns to at least 40 straight seconds of invulnerability if you have Nano-Repair.

Mirages ranged attacks pierce all armor, he can evade all ranged attacks with his heavy, power burns on special 1(goes through block), inflicts attack down and stun on special 2, and his special 3 gives permanent attack buffs for every attack you dodge. He keeps these effects until he activates a different special attack or until he gets hit too much. Then there’s his Power Mode that always gives a power rate buff, and if an opponent activates a special attack, it in turn activates his Shielding and reduces ranged and critical damage by nearly 100%, and does so even if you use one of your special attacks and is active until you’re knocked down, where it then has to recharge. Then there’s his signature; timed ranged speed increase from special 1, timed unblockable melee attacks from special 2, and a timed attack buff on special 3. There aren’t any masteries that specifically strengthen just Mirage the way Nano-Repair does Wheeljack.

Wheeljack and Mirage are both great and cover the most ground of any bots in the game. But aside from his heal, Wheeljack relies heavily on chance for his abilities. The player can’t fully control what he does, it’s all randomized. And while Wheeljacks signature is better than Mirages(Mirages is alright, but his base abilities are better so it’s kind of a moot point), without it, he loses a lot of his potential. With Mirage, there’s a lot more to learn, it took me a while to realize how good he is. But his strength is that you fully control what he does and the effects that come from your actions, and I’d say that’s what makes him the better bot. Not by much, but by enough.
  • Options

I wouldn’t say the best. Namely, he only purifies damaging debuffs, and then only if he’s awakened, and even then he still takes some damage from them. He has no answer to any other debuffs like Armor Break or Attack Down. And for a king, his damage is very low. Melee buffs can’t even help that much because his attack is just that bad and they’re a percentage based buff. His saving grace though is just how high his health is, and that invulnerability while he’s a t-rex is nice. Seriously, he seems to naturally last as long as Grindor. It’s pretty impressive.

But I think he needs a tweak. Just one extra thing to help him out.
  • Options
    Its time for the final 4!

OGP vs Wheeljack
    Shockwave vs OGM

Get in your votes NOW!

https://polltab.com/bracket-poll/1Q6auc1Gt
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Would be better if it were Prime vs Megatron and Shockwave vs Wheeljack
  • Options
    Gunz0 wrote: »

But then we’d be robbed of the only worthy final round.

Optimus Prime and Megatron.

One shall stand, one shall fall...

Probably anyway, Shockwave and Wheeljack may take this.
  • Options

Silly me, never thought of that. I hope those 2 Techs will lose to their leaders. Megatron deserves to win
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    I'm actually livid
  • Options

Silly me, never thought of that. I hope those 2 Techs will lose to their leaders. Megatron deserves to win

He does. In all honesty this thread should be “Who’s the best bot in the game(besides Megatron of course)?”
  • Options
    qmhkcmn823lh.jpg
  • Options
    gnwnknxc07mh.jpeg
    Hype.
  • Options
    This two Primes are the best imho. Their the first Primes to join, the OG of their classes, and both do a crap ton of damage. MV1 with that powerful special 1 that can one shot you and OG Prime with all the crazy damage he can do like his special 3 and 2.79m0xfnamo00.png
    32p0paa9l9c5.png
  • Options
    I choose OGP!

Light our darkest hour!
  • Options
    Nightpath wrote: »

Those ticks of damage before purification can add up if you're not careful... and even though he's pretty quick on his feet, he just doesn't hit very hard, even with his buffs. Still, grimlock can be fun.

In the right situation.

Well, okay, in arenas. ;)

In arena? Ouch.

He’s good enough to clear bleed paths, shock paths, etc... I use him to clear Master 100% every month. Not to mention using him for Raids too. I took my 5* to rank 5 with no regrets. 👍👍
  • Options

I wouldn’t say the best. Namely, he only purifies damaging debuffs, and then only if he’s awakened, and even then he still takes some damage from them. He has no answer to any other debuffs like Armor Break or Attack Down. And for a king, his damage is very low. Melee buffs can’t even help that much because his attack is just that bad and they’re a percentage based buff. His saving grace though is just how high his health is, and that invulnerability while he’s a t-rex is nice. Seriously, he seems to naturally last as long as Grindor. It’s pretty impressive.

But I think he needs a tweak. Just one extra thing to help him out.

I’m cool with them giving Grimlock more attack power! 👍👍

• Options
    If WJ beats Optimus I swear XD
  • Options

No worries! Nothing beats a classic!
  • Options
    Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Kenner1980 wrote: »

No worries! Nothing beats a classic!

You might wanna tell that to the transformers prime characters. I don’t think they heard you.
  • Options
    Final battle OGP OGM

Prime: One shall stand

Megs: And one shall fall!!

Let's see who wins