Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Spotlight Mission: Prime Suspect

Comments

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    I'm REALLY hoping it'll be like the Fog...strong opponents and no ridiculous mods. Just buff them up, don't make them superheros.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I'm REALLY hoping it'll be like the Fog...strong opponents and no ridiculous mods. Just buff them up, don't make them superheros.

Have fun fighting with a 30k rated Cyclonus
  • GrooGroo Posts: 163
    I’ll take 30k rated bots or higher on no or easy mods every day instead of bots half the PI on insane mods.

• Just fought megatronus...the fatigue mod was EPIC! It added a whole new level to the fight! Very fun fight!
  • Just fought megatronus...the fatigue mod was EPIC! It added a whole new level to the fight! Very fun fight!

I hate Fatigue... that fight was terrible...
  • BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited September 2019
    I think the worst enemy in the entire spotlight mission is the scout sharkticon in the highest rating line at the end...... you know.. where the enemies are cheater in every spotlight and can block your counterattack after their blocked combo like they skip some frames.. but they punish you every time if you do a combo that hits their blocks...

-_- really annoying enemy itself but this cheating behaviour of enemies in hardest master lines multiplies it..
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    DrShotgun wrote: »

Have fun fighting with a 30k rated Cyclonus

Galvatron doesnt mind ;)
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Just wanted to drop in and let you know that our writer is really enjoying seeing everyone pick up on references and that they can't wait to show you what else they've written for all of you. It makes them happy to see their content is being enjoyed so much by fellow fans.

My favourite is the Hotrod reference Wink 😉
  • I really enjoyed the story to this spotlight. I like how it gave off a noir-crime theme, with Prowl going to extensive lengths to find Optimus Prime. Galvatron and Megatron arguing was funny, especially when Galvatron adds more salt to the wound by saying Hot Rod was more effective than Megs.
    Galvatron>Megatron.

My only gripe is that it leaves more questions than answers. What happened to Prowl? How long were these dark reflections here? Were Ratchet and Grimlock clones as well? What's Megatronous planning? I'm very eager to what comes next.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    GeneralZ9 wrote: »
    I just finished the Spotlight and...let me get this straight... we're dealing with evil doppelgangers (not shattered glass) from a different dimension? *Meh* At this point Prowl is right, trust no one, who knows who could be evil. Sorry for Spoilers.

That's pretty much exactly what shattered glass is. There was even a small reference to it in the dialogue if you were paying close attention.
  • Just wanted to drop in and let you know that our writer is really enjoying seeing everyone pick up on references and that they can't wait to show you what else they've written for all of you. It makes them happy to see their content is being enjoyed so much by fellow fans.

I can’t wait to see what you all have in store
  • Honestly this month is great content wise. A challenging and well written new spotlight that raises a lot of legitimately intriguing questions about the future of the story, an awesome new set of achievements, and what is hopefully easy access to every G1 character in the game. All that’s missing is some new bots, preferably ones with a touch more accessibility, even if they’re reskins.
    1x032lgukrsg.png
    That seriously looks like a titan in the background, look at the hand behind Prowl!!!
  • Because of this event I got a 5* crystal...

I thought I'd receive a legend...
    But instead I got a god

ggrz3gn92cnr.jpg
  • BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    1x032lgukrsg.png
    That seriously looks like a titan in the background, look at the hand behind Prowl!!!

That's Shockwave's hand.... :D
  • BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    1x032lgukrsg.png

I think it's that Titan from the Sea of Rust.
  • Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206

BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    1x032lgukrsg.png

He means the prowl below the “Chapter 1” title.
    Sycko5 wrote: »
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    1x032lgukrsg.png

He means the prowl below the “Chapter 1” title.

Yeah that
  • GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
    edited September 2019
    You know...now that the Story is dealing with Doppelgangers from another Dimension (that could possibly be from the Shattered Glass universe) this is where skins could have been introduced. We could have had the option to change skins, for example: You could change OG Primes skin from G1 Optimus Prime to Shattered Glass Optimus Prime. That would have been so cool. But no, instead we get Thundercracker and Nemesis Prime (I don't hate them, they are really useful bots in the game) who are the same models as Starscream and OG Prime but with different abilities and skins(who mind you, are the only New Bots we got this year). I wish we got/get the option to change a bots skin from regular to shattered glass.
  • GeneralZ9 wrote: »
    You know...now that the Story is dealing with Doppelgangers from another Dimension (that could possibly be from the Shattered Glass universe) this is where skins could have been introduced. We could have had the option to change skins, for example: You could change OG Primes skin from G1 Optimus Prime to Shattered Glass Optimus Prime. That would have been so coo. But instead we don't get that.

You get skins with new kits. That is immensely better.
    You know...now that the Story is dealing with Doppelgangers from another Dimension (that could possibly be from the Shattered Glass universe) this is where skins could have been introduced. We could have had the option to change skins, for example: You could change OG Primes skin from G1 Optimus Prime to Shattered Glass Optimus Prime. That would have been so coo. But instead we don't get that.

Yes. Yes it is. But instead we got 2 Re-skinned Bots this year(who, like I said I think are Amazingly Strong) that are just OG Prime and Starscream, but with different abilities and skins. I just hope that one of the "New Exiting things" is the option to change a bots skin from G1 to Shattered Glass, now that we have these Doppelgangers from another dimension in the story.

Yes. Yes it is. But instead we got 2 Re-skinned Bots this year(who, like I said I think are Amazingly Strong) that are just OG Prime and Starscream, but with different abilities and skins. I just hope that one of the "New Exiting things" is the option to change a bots skin from G1 to Shattered Glass, now that we have these Doppelgangers from another dimension in the story.

Bonecrusher is also Starscream but different abilities and skin... :) Or Arcee.. or.. any bot is like the other with just new abilities and skin :D
  • @Kabam Vydious Definitely pat the writer on the back. I’ve been loving all the little nods and strong character work the past couple of months. The Waspinator/Scorponok odd couple routine was great. The Prowl investigation is a lot of fun this month. Can’t wait to see what’s in store for all my G1 bots in the mid month event. The only thing I could ask more is that some of our small bots get some love. Maybe Laserbeak, Ravage, Rewind, or Steeljaw could appear in a cutscene every once in a while. I know the dialogue options would be fairly limited but still.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

So are you saying instead of reskins with new abilities, you’d rather have the exact same bot just with different looks?
  • Darm0k wrote: »

So are you saying instead of reskins with new abilities, you’d rather have the exact same bot just with different looks?

Even that, yeah, can make me and some of us happy. Think of those who buy all the seekers.

They can make skins some kind of 'buff' when applied. Like SG Optimus skin has advantage over two classes, SG Megatron has purification etc.
  • Darm0k wrote: »

Even that, yeah, can make me and some of us happy. Think of those who buy all the seekers.

They can make skins some kind of 'buff' when applied. Like SG Optimus skin has advantage over two classes, SG Megatron has purification etc.

That is actually a Good Idea. Have the skins apply buffs or New Abilities, that would be some great New Content. You can still introduce Re-skins like Skywarp or Clifjumper, but have the shattered glass skins apply New Abilities.
  • The writers defiantly have a better grasp on Prowl, much better characterization then the bigot he was in the spotlight that had him dealing with Primal. That just seemed off.

Or I have not seen him characterized in other media then the G1 Cartoon.....
  • Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    edited September 2019
    Dragma wrote: »
    The writers defiantly have a better grasp on Prowl, much better characterization then the bigot he was in the spotlight that had him dealing with Primal. That just seemed off.

Oh no, he's a major prick in IDW. Major. To IDW people, that seemed so on the mark tbh. But I think this spotlight also represents his brooding nature, and his skill and logic, something that was also represented in IDW. IDW was a really good comic series.
  • Dragma wrote: »
    The writers defiantly have a better grasp on Prowl, much better characterization then the bigot he was in the spotlight that had him dealing with Primal. That just seemed off.

Oh no, he's a major prick in IDW. Major. To IDW people, that seemed so on the mark tbh. But I think this spotlight also represents his brooding nature, and his skill and logic, something that was also represented in IDW. IDW was a really good comic series.

That explains it, I did not really read any other then the Marvel stuff, and he did not have much characterization there.