Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    TotherkinsTotherkins Posts: 299
    edited October 2017
    Danxor wrote: »

Wait... What? You could never break even with gold from Arena fights in the past. I'll ask the team if the current gold amounts are correct.

Yes gold wise I would never break even, but with the Arena Chips I would make a lot of profit. Now you can't play arena all the time for profit

300 for winning all 3 and 70 gold per win. It's a gain on each fight. But....overall the gold flow seems to be going down as a whole. Would be nice to see some of the data you guys ran, cause I'm not looking forward to getting 15k gold a day, from arena.
  • Options
    Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    @Kabam Miike
    You keep saying 7 arenas per week, let me ask you how many arenas we used to play per week before this so called October update?
    No matter it is name bots arena, shards, mods it was 7 days of arenas per week & all of them reward gold & arena chips.

Another huge reward reduction no one maintain it here, we usually got 150-200 energon for every 100K arena crystals now it is 20-30 energon.
    So you screwed us from the both ends.
    Thank you, we love you, keep the good work because every time you screwed us we will pay you more $$$ that how stupid you think we are.
  • Options
    BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    This October update may as well have been called 12.0 because it's gonna destroy the game like 12.0 did for MCOC.
  • Options
    Bigbowlr wrote: »
    This October update may as well have been called 12.0 because it's gonna destroy the game like 12.0 did for MCOC.

It's not that terrible. They just need to explain the reasoning behind gold flow. Is something happening that'll change arenas from being the main source of gold? If not....i really don't understand why they try so hard to shoot themselves in the foot.
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    edited October 2017
    I agree its not that terrible in other areas. But the Arena changes are horrible. I have zero motivation in arena since I know the rewards are reduced and I have no chance against the big players to get rewards close to the effort put in.
  • Options
    ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Hey Michael,

Great arena change! I love it. It gives me motive to now aim for Top 1-5 place and get those Arena crystals! And a extra Good reward( like those 5,000 tier 3 basic essence.) Say thanks to the Devs from me :).
  • Options
    seeker1321seeker1321 Posts: 83
    edited October 2017
    The thing I miss most about the milestone rewards are the sense of progress it gave. It let you track how you were doing, you could look and see ok I need three more series to get this reward, and then ok I need 6 more series for that reward. It brought a sense of accomplishment to the process. Then what ever rank I got was just extra, usally the 11-25% on 4* and 26-50% on 3*. Now after every series it's just a dark screen with "all milestones achived!" As a mid-level player very rarely did I see that in the old arena because very rarely did I have the time to put in to get past all the milestones.

It's hard to get motivated about the progress being made, even if the rewards are still there in the ranking it just doesn't feel the same.
  • Options
    ZapperZapper Posts: 186
    Also thank you for making the auto fight AI worse. So now can't even run arena on auto past fight 3 or 4. Really great, I'm so happy that I'm not going to play arena at all anymore.

I suggest you rename the game to "Forged to Grind" now because the game is more an more about that.
  • Options
    Toughnut wrote: »
    Hey Michael,

Great arena change! I love it. It gives me motive to now aim for Top 1-5 place and get those Arena crystals! And a extra Good reward( like those 5,000 tier 3 basic essence.) Say thanks to the Devs from me :).

Love this hahahaaa
  • Options
    iuJacobiuJacob Posts: 442
    I'm share the same opinion as pretty much everyone else in this thread.

These arena changes are abysmal.

Really bad call guys. Hopefully we'll see the previous system return.
  • Options
    Ok im down for this update and all but… where are the galvatron raid chips at??
  • Options
    Ok im down for this update and all but… where are the galvatron raid chips at??

Only on raid focused week I believe
  • Options
    DeePrimeDeePrime Posts: 82
    edited October 2017
    Manthro wrote: »
    Lost in the shuffle here, the main issue isn't so much the gold, although it may be a problem when/if AM donations return...

The two things nobody is talking about, maybe because they haven't noticed, is the elimination of PBC shards and energon from daily arena milestones. Nothing has been done here to replace them. The only real Avenue to collect and duplicate non feature bots is now straight purchase of PBC/feature crystals for energon, or 3/4* crystals.

This is a huge blow to everyone, and I believe it is bad for the overall longevity of the game.

Kudos to lowering the energon cost of buying feature crystals by 20% though... I think this was lost on everyone.

I think the pbc shards have ended up on the one day class based event. At least that's what it seemed to me.
  • Options
    DeePrimeDeePrime Posts: 82
    edited October 2017
    I do personally agree about feeling the lack of progress without milestones. My other issue is that because I'm not an average player the arena crystals from rank rewards are a nerf to my personal gold supply. It wasn't an issue for me to open 20 to 30 arena crystals a day, sometimes more. The old way rewarded the amount you played which was a good thing. I hope a solution that appeases both sides can be come to.
  • Options
    Besides all this why on earth have the current crash issue that is evidently effecting everybody not been addressed before making all of these new changes? Make the game stable n I will happily take your changes in my stride without complaint
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited October 2017
    My thoughts are pretty simple at this point...

If this is how you want to have the arena rewards , one of two things needs to happen:

1) a complete rework of AM gold costs and returns, so that we aren't choking progression to the point that it will be if it goes back to the original ratio next week... Unless your intent is to force alliances NOT to push the highest difficulty levels?

2) do away with donations permanently, and keep the current system, which would solve the loss of gold in arenas.

If option 2 ends up being what Kabam does, we also need a way to divide up and hand back the millions of gold in our treasuries to the players.

Go with option 2. We like it.

• Options

Regions aren't countries, but much bigger expanses. Currently, there are only 3 Regions, but this might change in the future.

They are: The Americas, Europe and Africa, Asia and Australia/New Zealand/Oceania.

So, no more battles against Asians using characters I can't read for their names?

Also, no chance then for more arena chips with each fight down the road? One of my things with arenas is getting burned out on them after blasting through one of them as often as I could and needing a break. Maybe the next day or so, I'd come back to an arena match here or there to get enough chips for a few arena crystals so I could get some gold and maybe a couple of energon. Not being able to pop in for enough chips to grab a crystal or two doesn't make arenas more desirable but less.

• Options
    BubianBubian Posts: 82
    I feel gold generation is way down. I used to be able to earn chips and cash them in whenever but this new pace is pretty slow, seems much slower than before when gold was already scarce.
  • Options
    BubianBubian Posts: 82
    I made 600gold in 6 rounds of 3 fights each
  • Options
    DavienDavien Posts: 758
    Bring back the arena chips please. Remove the energon if u wish to.
  • Options
    I think we should at least get arena chips each match since theres not milestones at least for this t3b arena
  • Options
    Why the arena chips are reduced so much less ??? Generally in 2 day u can earn about 45-50 arena chips and now just 13 for 1-2% very very bad move no more gold tricks......!!!

Other bad thing not earning and bot chips from raids usually 2400 for every 24 hours at 1500rank
    Now —0000000

Are you guys making fool out of us ????
    I don’t know why peep don’t get this important things . !!!
    Or am I missing something pls explain !!!
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    @Kabam Miike Come on.. We're being robbed gold mate. I don't wanna get rude or anything but we need the milestones back...
  • Options
    KittenPrimeKittenPrime Posts: 1,144
    I've just seen the new crystal bounty and I am disgusted and appalled. How am I supposed to get my normal 1000 shards now since milestones are gone. The rank rewards are just bad and I am not getting millions of points in just one day so I can get the 1000 shards I should be getting from milestones. I do not like this change and I'm pretty sure no one else likes it either. I trusted you guys but you've clearly failed me and everyone else who plays this game.. Please.. Bring back the normal milestones.. This is just sad
  • Options
    JatinderSinghJatinderSingh Posts: 284
    edited October 2017
    We don’t want any changes to arena milestones and rewards . Pls keep them to old.
    Or face the unknown
  • Options
    Are there any plans to boost the number of Arena crystals that are awarded for the lower ranks? For instance, only the top 3-10% get 10 arena crystals per day Others get much less, perhaps down to 1 per day. Previously when earning arena chips, I could gather 10,000 per day (i.e. 10 arena crystals) without grinding to hit the top 3% of arena... maybe getting in the top 50% or top 25%. This is a major drop in gold income... at the moment, im struggling to actually have the money to rank up my bots...
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    The rewards are disappointing. I honestly wish at this point that the arenas would go back to what they were.
  • Options
    JatinderSinghJatinderSingh Posts: 284
    edited October 2017
    Oh boy now where is the award earned from milestone at crystal bounty are this changes to arena events . Please don’t ruin your reputation. This game is good and best at moment and . Now who know it its **** to them.
  • Options
    There's only one expression to resume the latest changes, "Mental Diarrhea"!