Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

October Update Discussion Thread

Comments

• Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Yaaa nobody wants to raid because combined with arena it's too much grind and of the two people prefer arena as it WAS more rewarding now you killed the most rewarding part of the game. How is going from getting 1k 4star shards for reaching all milestones in crystal bounty to going to only top in the leader board get 1k 4star shards a step forward to You? All I ask @Kabam Miike is you guys simply be reasonable to the players that overall pay kabams profits

Because that was a 2-day arena and this is a 1-day arena. Plus there are actually 3 days of it. Potential 4* shards went up.
  • Options
    MallowmanMallowman Posts: 125
    wrote: »

I do "work for it". I'm simply complaining about the obvious removal of a way to get energon without cash. Thank you for aggressive stance to free speech.
  • Options
    WolfeWolfe Posts: 80
    Dircules wrote: »
    Yaaa nobody wants to raid because combined with arena it's too much grind and of the two people prefer arena as it WAS more rewarding now you killed the most rewarding part of the game. How is going from getting 1k 4star shards for reaching all milestones in crystal bounty to going to only top in the leader board get 1k 4star shards a step forward to You? All I ask @Kabam Miike is you guys simply be reasonable to the players that overall pay kabams profits

Because that was a 2-day arena and this is a 1-day arena. Plus there are actually 3 days of it. Potential 4* shards went up.

I'm not sure I agree. Before you would get 1000 for all the milestones and then land wherever you place. This time you get none from milestones and are dependent where you place.

If you land in 21-30 3 times you get less than you would doing just milestones before. You would need to place in 11-20% twice and 21-30% once to just have 100 more than what you would have got in just milestones.

This seems like a lot more grind for possibly the same amount of rewards.
  • Options
    TerminalTerminal Posts: 789

Many of you understand what all of these things mean now (arena chips, milestones, rank rewards, etc.) but it can be very confusing to a new player. So, right now we are working towards simplifying...

I forgot the most confusing thing of all.. competing for a rank where you can't even see what your rank is or know how many points you need to hit a particular rank. Competing without a goal or seeing where the finish line is.

Hidden ranking is a thousand times more confusing, not only for new players, but every player in the game, at every stage of the game. Both new players and veterans.

I supremely dislike competing with a blindfold and I don't find out if I won the race until after it's over.

It's something that genuinely confused me when I started this game.
  • Options
    Seems like they just made it more confusing, really.
  • Options
    The sad and disappointing thing is that all of our points are ignored and not answered by @Kabam Miike and the rest of the team
  • Options
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike
    Let me make it simple for you:

1- Do you believe that we got more gold from the arena now?
    2- Do you believe that we got more energon from the arena now?
    3- Do you believe that we got more bots shards from the arena now?

I am sure you will never answer those questions, but in case you answered, please answer with yes or no.

At this time, I can't say that you are, but I also can't say that you're not. We have only completed one arena. That's not enough time for anybody to have a definitive answer on any of these questions. We are, however, already looking into changes that we can make.

First up, we're going to be making adjustments to the brackets in the Rank Rewards for Arenas starting on Monday. I'll have a post up on it soon. We're still looking into how this has affected gold, and will be making adjustments as needed.
  • Options
    The whole measure twice cut once seems to apply here.

In the future before big changes Kabam should probably run a "test" arena instead of changing the whole system that way players are not feeling the impact for days to weeks before something is readjusted.

Even announce a test arena. I think players would find that fun giving thoughts, feedback, etc while not suffering from lessened rewards. Instead we have this mess.
  • Options
    I would think that the data kabam has would be able to point out that hey "x amount of players earned x battle chips". Even adjusting rank brackets still groups people into a flat value regardless of time, effort, or money. And rank rewards offer no sense of accomplishment while doing the arena.

How about get rid of arena rank rewards and offer milestones only.
  • Options
    Wolfe wrote: »
    I would think that the data kabam has would be able to point out that hey "x amount of players earned x battle chips". Even adjusting rank brackets still groups people into a flat value regardless of time, effort, or money. And rank rewards offer no sense of accomplishment while doing the arena.

How about get rid of arena rank rewards and offer milestones only.

I actually think this could fix things and increase participation and maybe even spending. I also agree with running a test arena. As much as you guys talk about testing things before coming out when it comes out it's always a shock to what you intended to happen.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    I realize these questions are for Mike, but I gotta answer them anyway, because I don't think players are seeing it correctly.

1- Do you believe that we got more gold from the arena now?

Perhaps not from the arena, because series chips are gone, BUT... if kabam fixes the AM costs/returns or leaves them as is with no donations permanently, then we are definitely making more gold overall.

So let's see how that plays out.

2- Do you believe that we got more energon from the arena now?

Not from arena, no... But again... Looks like they will have the weekly 200 energon in the raid shop, which is pretty much exactly what you used to able able to get from full milestones in all arenas across the week, and.. it's easier to get than grinding Milestones, so I actually like how they shifted it.
    3- Do you believe that we got more bots shards from the arena now?

Actually, yes. There is no way you can say we are getting less shards, since we now have 3x crystal arenas every week, where you can earn 3000 shards if you place at the top reward bracket in all of them. That's 1.5 4* crystals every week...

So, it's definitely not as bad as everyone thinks, the only real issue being gold (and maybe PBC shards) if/when donations return.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    1- Dependent on them making adjustments. I'm all for adjustments.

2- More work (forcing a player to run raids) to get the same amount of energon we were getting before? Which may not be accurate since arena crystals give out energon so if players earned more arena chips they had more chance at energon.

3- Top award bracket is 10 players. TEN

Second award bracket would be 2700 shards. Would need to place in top 2% THREE times.

Third award bracket would be 1950 shards. Top 10 three times. That is a lot of grinding over a 3 day span. For the people who can do that for a bit better rewards, congrats.
  • Options

2- More work (forcing a player to run raids) to get the same amount of energon we were getting before? Which may not be accurate since arena crystals give out energon so if players earned more arena chips they had more chance at energon.

Second award bracket would be 2700 shards. Would need to place in top 2% THREE times.

Third award bracket would be 1950 shards. Top 10 three times. That is a lot of grinding over a 3 day span. For the people who can do that for a bit better rewards, congrats.

I agree somewhat except that top reward bracket is actually 30 players because Arenas are by region now. Since we have three regions that means 30 players
  • Options
    10 or 30 it is still a hard bracket to get into.
  • Options
    3 to 10% is easy to get into
  • Options
    I don't think top 30 should be easy to get into
  • Options
    JatinderSinghJatinderSingh Posts: 284
    edited October 2017
    Bubian wrote: »
    Gold is definitely lower. 10 crystals is nothing compared to what we could have earned before completing a few milestones

I know it seems negligible, but don't forget about the gold you are now earning by completing the Series in Arenas. That used to be a loss, but now is a positive amount.

Yea its a huge positive amount
    Start cost 350 series won reward 300
    Wow just great I m damn sure your guys are math genius. Or bunch of arrogant idiots forcing non tested updates on us .
    And now uou guys are comparing data from old even kids could have said something is not right.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Bubian wrote: »
    Gold is definitely lower. 10 crystals is nothing compared to what we could have earned before completing a few milestones

I know it seems negligible, but don't forget about the gold you are now earning by completing the Series in Arenas. That used to be a loss, but now is a positive amount.

Yea its a huge positive amount
    Start cost 350 series won reward 300
    Wow just great I m damn sure your guys are math genius. Or bunch of arrogant idiots forcing non tested updates on us .
    And now uou guys are comparing data from old even kids could have said something is not right.

You're forgetting the 50 Gold per Fight (for a 1 star, scaling up to 80 for a 4-Star) that you also win. Just one win breaks even, while 3 wins give a minimum of 350 gold if you're using 1 Star Bots. That still doesn't sound like much, but it adds up quite quickly!
  • Options
    Terminal wrote: »

Many of you understand what all of these things mean now (arena chips, milestones, rank rewards, etc.) but it can be very confusing to a new player. So, right now we are working towards simplifying...

I forgot the most confusing thing of all.. competing for a rank where you can't even see what your rank is or know how many points you need to hit a particular rank. Competing without a goal or seeing where the finish line is.

Hidden ranking is a thousand times more confusing, not only for new players, but every player in the game, at every stage of the game. Both new players and veterans.

I supremely dislike competing with a blindfold and I don't find out if I won the race until after it's over.

It's something that genuinely confused me when I started this game.

This was my thought process exactly. I unlocked the rank rewards for tier3 basic arena and didn't see the point in doing any more. I didn't even enter the crystal bounty arena for the same reason.

Does Kabam also prefer the old web browser days when we waited for the entire page to download before we saw anything (because it's a faster download overall)?

I'm being cheeky now ;)
  • Options
    kranderskranders Posts: 479
    @Kabam Miike thank you for the update to arenas I think expanding the ranks is a start. Can you consider a base gold reward as well? After seeing today compared to the past crystal arena I got far less gold in 24 hours.
  • Options
    Hey All,

Hey Commanders!

When we made these changes, we only set out to simplify the Arenas. We’re not intending to reduce the rewards that you all receive for the amount of effort that you put in. This was never the plan.

While we were looking into the results of the T3 Basic Arena, we realized that we need to make some adjustments to the ranges for Rank Rewards.

Currently, there are not enough Rank Ranges in the top end for our system to work appropriately, and we cannot make more fine tuned adjustments unless we split these ranks down further, and separate more sought after materials into appropriate ranks for them. Starting Monday, we’ll be splitting up the Top end of Rank rewards into smaller ranges, and expanding the lower end.

The Rankings will now look like this:

1-10
    1-2%
    3-4%
    5-7%
    8-10%
    11-13%
    14-16%
    17-20%
    21-25%
    26-30%
    31-50%
    51-100%

Hmmm...

I fear the expanded ranks will make sense for the rank materials, but it will severely nerf gold via arena crystals as a result.

As it stands, the crystals in rank rewards are close to being appropriate, but splitting them further is going to cause problems.

I would suggest bringing milestones back with the full arena crystals in the milestones prorated for how many chips on average were won via series wins. For example. Between milestone 2 and 3, if the average player needed 10 series wins to make the milestone, that would be 3000 chips at 3x multiplier plus the actual milestone reward (1000 chips?) For a total of 4 arena crystals in the milestone.

This way, the expanded brackets do not seriously cut back on gold, since the crystals will be divided further across them.
  • Options
    KilldozerKilldozer Posts: 4
    edited October 2017
    Breaking the rank rewards up into smaller catergories does nothing to solve the problems that everyone is having. Unless you can see your exact current rank as you progress through the arenas, there is still no fun in playing them only to find out how well you did the next day.

Just make everyone happy and bring back the milestones already. If it's really about simplifying the system (and not just about maximizing profits) then why not give everyone what they want? We are telling you that it's not overly complicated... Are you saying the players are too dumb to figure out how milestones work?
  • Options
    ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Problem isn’t milestone or arena chips, or crystals.
    It’s gold.

And so far I’ve seen an improvement in gold. These new arenas ar great! Can’t wait to see how I do on Monday.
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    Hey All,

Hey Commanders!

When we made these changes, we only set out to simplify the Arenas. We’re not intending to reduce the rewards that you all receive for the amount of effort that you put in. This was never the plan.

While we were looking into the results of the T3 Basic Arena, we realized that we need to make some adjustments to the ranges for Rank Rewards.

Currently, there are not enough Rank Ranges in the top end for our system to work appropriately, and we cannot make more fine tuned adjustments unless we split these ranks down further, and separate more sought after materials into appropriate ranks for them. Starting Monday, we’ll be splitting up the Top end of Rank rewards into smaller ranges, and expanding the lower end.

The Rankings will now look like this:

1-10
    1-2%
    3-4%
    5-7%
    8-10%
    11-13%
    14-16%
    17-20%
    21-25%
    26-30%
    31-50%
    51-100%

Hmmm...

I fear the expanded ranks will make sense for the rank materials, but it will severely nerf gold via arena crystals as a result.

As it stands, the crystals in rank rewards are close to being appropriate, but splitting them further is going to cause problems.

I would suggest bringing milestones back with the full arena crystals in the milestones prorated for how many chips on average were won via series wins. For example. Between milestone 2 and 3, if the average player needed 10 series wins to make the milestone, that would be 3000 chips at 3x multiplier plus the actual milestone reward (1000 chips?) For a total of 4 arena crystals in the milestone.

This way, the expanded brackets do not seriously cut back on gold, since the crystals will be divided further across them.

Dear just one solution to this problem
    1) the arena chips you guys are offering
    One crystal should minimum have 3000 gold value
    2 ) add 10 more crystall to each rank to level it end of all talks no more change nothing
    Pls dear you can do that easily

Also remember you have removed the 150 energon from every day arena haven’t you ?
    Then pls
  • Options
    Sound2mSound2m Posts: 12
    Toughnut wrote: »
    Problem isn’t milestone or arena chips, or crystals.
    It’s gold.

And so far I’ve seen an improvement in gold. These new arenas ar great! Can’t wait to see how I do on Monday.

I also think the new arenas are better with the consolidation of the bots into one daily arena. Far less of a grind now. Plus T3 essence on arena and multiple shard arenas is awesome.
    Also, the Raid store with 200 energon, PBCs, and other goodies to come is far more efficient and less time consuming than running arenas incessantly. I rather save time than keep doing arenas to garner energon and such.
    I'm sure kabam will work out any gold issues soon enough.
  • Options
    DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    Manthro wrote: »

So, it's definitely not as bad as everyone thinks, the only real issue being gold (and maybe PBC shards) if/when donations return.

There is a PBC a day through new class events. I think they're fine too.

• Options

Not sure how this turns into less shards...

How many shards did you get from the old crystal arena for just Milestones? 750 or 1000? And you had to grind hard to get those. You can run a single round of all your bots in each crystal arena over 3 days and get just as many if not more.

Way less time spent to achieve the same result.
  • Options
    i dont know what this reduced gold fuzz is about but after giving a day and a half i think the rewards are better than before. And to all the einsteins who calculated the rewards (slow claps).
  • Options
    LaprasLapras Posts: 258
    On the positive note.... I am excited to see what item the raid store will have tomorrow! So far, the daily new addition has been great!
  • Options
    I'm actually glad for the arena changes now. It's a relief to not play those arenas because I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything anymore. Unlike the old crystal bounty arena where I played like heck because I knew I could hit milestones and get guaranteed bot shards. Frees up my time for other modes. I'm being serious too!