Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

New AM Map with Megatronus as Boss + Updated AM rewards - When can we expect this?

Comments

• Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    An exploit or hack is a third party thing that you need to install to your device to give you an unfair advantage. Wasp sig is an in-built ability by the game developers that is usable by everyone in the game. Think it’s unfair? Well, nothing to stop you from doing the same thing. This does not violate any TOS.

Besides, wasp isn’t the only bot that you can use. If you want to nerf, you’ll need to nerf wheeljack-nano repair, MV-heal with bleed, Megatronus, demo Megatron, etc. So not too sure where Kabam should or can draw the line.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    The difference is the other bots you name die unlike wasp. Big difference!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    This is more of a loophole than a cheat or a hack. Synthwave’s suggestion of adjusting the timers and KO’ing the bots when it runs out closes this without having to nerf any of the bots.
    Jay32 wrote: »
    The difference is the other bots you name die unlike wasp. Big difference!

Well, wasp is open for everyone to choose to use or not to use. Just because you choose not to use it, means everyone else cannot use it? You got upset when Kabam said nerfing your base is “collusion” and players accused Kabam of trying to control what players put on their bases. So why are you now trying to control how other players play? It’s not like it’s only limited to selected players. It’s open to everyone to do so. Go ahead and use it then. There’s no unfair advantage because everyone can take advantage of this.
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited October 2018
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    An exploit or hack is a third party thing that you need to install to your device to give you an unfair advantage. Wasp sig is an in-built ability by the game developers that is usable by everyone in the game. Think it’s unfair? Well, nothing to stop you from doing the same thing. This does not violate any TOS.

Besides, wasp isn’t the only bot that you can use. If you want to nerf, you’ll need to nerf wheeljack-nano repair, MV-heal with bleed, Megatronus, demo Megatron, etc. So not too sure where Kabam should or can draw the line.

That's correct, everyone can use it. Which is why Kabam will change it because it will mean the end of a revenue stream for them if nobody needs to spend on repairs/revives.

And your other examples, as Jay accurately pointed out, are an apples and oranges comparison. Dark burn or any other kind of damage-over-time effect can kill Wheeljack (I should know, Galvatron just nearly one-shotted my Wheeljack with a heavy attack in AM; it burned through almost all 3 of his shields). Wheeljack doesn't come back to life after that. Same with MV1. His signature can be outright bypassed by several bot abilities where he can be KO'd and not come back. Demotron, same thing. Waspinator is the only bot that truly comes back to life and gives the player a chance to pause the game, time the fight out, and then do it all over again.

All of this is just semantics at this point anyway. What Kabam worries about is making money to keep the game profitable and going and a bot that can infinitely come back to life every fight won't make them money. If they can nerf Ratchet, they can certainly change Waspinator's sig or just make timeouts be a KO.

That's the important thing to take away from all of this; this is Kabam's game and they can make whatever changes they want. Guess time will tell though.
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Here are my thoughts on how to fix the wasp exploit while keeping his Sig intact:

1) make timeout a KO.. SUCKS, but it seems it is necessary

2) OR.... increase battle timer to 15 minutes. Ain't nobody got time fo' dat.

3) make AM energy a community resource. 1 energy refilled every 10 minutes in each BG (equals same 6x1 we get now), anyone can use it.

4) Increase AM rewards, particularly for lower ranking alliances.

5) profit
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    I'll also add, making the timers long enough ensures it'd take too much time to exploit before AM runs out
  • ÆnigmaÆnigma Posts: 296
    Surprisingly and sadly. Im sure these players would still exploit even if it was 15 minutes.

@Faithz17 barely anyone actually wants to use wasp so GTFO with that crap. Stop beating around the bush just because you want to stay in top 3. You very well know you don't belong there.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    If Kabam (@Kabam Miike) would like to make an official clarification whether using Wasp like this is allowed or not, we could put this issue to rest and move on.

If okay then R4 5* Wasp coming soon :D;)>:)
    JKL wrote: »
    If Kabam (@Kabam Miike) would like to make an official clarification whether using Wasp like this is allowed or not, we could put this issue to rest and move on.

Miike likes to leave us all in suspension for a little while before creeping out to make an appearance. I'm sure when the time comes, and everyone fires all their bullets, Miike will show up and give us his statement.
    Ænigma wrote: »
    [quote="JKL;c-

Miike likes to leave us all in suspension for a little while before creeping out to make an appearance. I'm sure when the time comes, and everyone fires all their bullets, Miike will show up and give us his statement.

Perhaps we get the "This thread has become non-constructive and personal, for that reason I will be shutting this thread down."

• Manthro the Chinese have time for 15 minute timers. And Faith17 stop being a know it all! You are simply a pretender of an exploit your Alliance have nicely abused.
    All other Bots Die and not Revive! So stop your non sense about Waspinator Sig and abilities. Try and kill bots like most of us Do!
    Peace out! @miike Kabam the floor is yours!
  • KennyKenny Posts: 309
    Ænigma wrote: »
    [quote="JKL;c-

Perhaps we get the "This thread has become non-constructive and personal, for that reason I will be shutting this thread down."

That would be the same as them saying “we’re ok with you all exploiting waspinator’s signature ability in am”, right?
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049

As for the abuse of Waspinator's Signature, we are aware of this, and are looking into ways to address it.

He may not be saying it violates TOS to abuse the sig, but it is definitely an "unintended exploit" or "circumvention of controls" or similar.
  • JKL wrote: »

This is using intended functionality in an unintended way that can be exploited, and it is something that we want to address. What that means, we don't know right now. There have been a lot of great suggestions in here regarding timers, timeout penalties, or alterations to Waspinator's signature ability/how often it works, and we have been discussing these ideas.

We do find this behavior concerning as well, but don’t currently have confirmation on how/when we might tackle it.. If you want to rank up Waspinator for this, that's up to you, but keep in mind we might make changes to the mode or the Bot in the future.

We really appreciate the concern that you guys have raised over this, and have received a lot of messages from many of you in regards to this. We're sorry we can't be more specific at this time.
  • Jay32Jay32 Posts: 169
    Hopefully you got something planned by next AM otherwise I don't see any purpose in playing AM anymore.

This is using intended functionality in an unintended way that can be exploited, and it is something that we want to address. What that means, we don't know right now. There have been a lot of great suggestions in here regarding timers, timeout penalties, or alterations to Waspinator's signature ability/how often it works, and we have been discussing these ideas.

We do find this behavior concerning as well, but don’t currently have confirmation on how/when we might tackle it.. If you want to rank up Waspinator for this, that's up to you, but keep in mind we might make changes to the mode or the Bot in the future.

We really appreciate the concern that you guys have raised over this, and have received a lot of messages from many of you in regards to this. We're sorry we can't be more specific at this time.

Thanks for showing up and shedding some light on this topic. We appreciate it.

But it seems to me that you are telling us that if we want to exploit this, we are allowed to do so. But at some point in the future, there might be changes that will adjust this matter so it will no longer be an exploit and that we shouldn't be mad about ranking wasp if we do so.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    It's sad to hear some talk about using the exploit like it's morally ok, in the context of this game. Like, how far will you go to get ahead, in real life? It's a little scary and causes me to lose more faith in humanity, no pun intended. I hope at some point in the future, that this, and other similar games will truly be won by merit of skill, and not who can exploit the game the hardest.
  • Ænigma wrote: »

Thanks for showing up and shedding some light on this topic. We appreciate it.

But it seems to me that you are telling us that if we want to exploit this, we are allowed to do so. But at some point in the future, there might be changes that will adjust this matter so it will no longer be an exploit and that we shouldn't be mad about ranking wasp if we do so.

If this is ok I wonder why the so called collusion with some folks lowering there base difficulties to make it easier to raid we a problem? (Still not sure how they did it with revenge being broke and opponents random)
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Synthwave wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike, it sounds like you're talking out of both sides of your mouth here and it's very confusing. On one side you're saying you know it can be exploited, but the other side of your mouth is saying, "what that means, we don't really know?"

as in, they don't know how they will address this exploit as of right now
    @Kabam Miike I'm not trying to sound all gloom and doom but consider there are consequences to delaying a solution to this Wasp issue. I could probably run with Wasp at any level and use zero or very minimal items. Any alliance with time now can effectively run any AM level they want as long as they use the Wasp strategy. How this plays out is that alliances will eventually all have to run map 3 D100 and use Wasp (if they want a chance at top 3 rewards or maybe even top 10+). Placement will be determined by random shark points. You pretty much push down any alliance not using the Wasp strategy. Eventually, you may even have alliances recruiting with the message "Top placing AM alliance, must run min. 4* Wasp." You see where this can go? No action on Kabam's part effectively ruins AM.

I understand it's a loophole anyone can take advantage of but why make AMs into something like that? It's suppose to be one of bigger challenge modes of this game. An actual test of skill and not a grind fest waiting for TOs. Rewards were already dated compare to other game modes but this makes it even less of a reason to play at high levels.

Since you've already stated this is an exploit, Kabam could make an official announcement to the player base that this strategy is not allowed. Any player caught using is gets the 7 day ban, second offense gets a permanent ban. This is probably not in the best interest of Kabam so please decide with your team what course of action you would like to take to protect the players and Kabam's revenue side. Hurry though, this is not one of those issues that should take months to resolve.

• Sycko5Sycko5 Posts: 206

Although you guys are addressing this issue when can we expect updated am rewards? Am rewards were somewhat useful months ago but now that everyone is getting better we need proper rewards to help us progress faster.
  • JKL wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike I'm not trying to sound all gloom and doom but consider there are consequences to delaying a solution to this Wasp issue. I could probably run with Wasp at any level and use zero or very minimal items. Any alliance with time now can effectively run any AM level they want as long as they use the Wasp strategy. How this plays out is that alliances will eventually all have to run map 3 D100 and use Wasp (if they want a chance at top 3 rewards or maybe even top 10+). Placement will be determined by random shark points. You pretty much push down any alliance not using the Wasp strategy. Eventually, you may even have alliances recruiting with the message "Top placing AM alliance, must run min. 4* Wasp." You see where this can go? No action on Kabam's part effectively ruins AM.

I understand it's a loophole anyone can take advantage of but why make AMs into something like that? It's suppose to be one of bigger challenge modes of this game. An actual test of skill and not a grind fest waiting for TOs. Rewards were already dated compare to other game modes but this makes it even less of a reason to play at high levels.

Since you've already stated this is an exploit, Kabam could make an official announcement to the player base that this strategy is not allowed. Any player caught using is gets the 7 day ban, second offense gets a permanent ban. This is probably not in the best interest of Kabam so please decide with your team what course of action you would like to take to protect the players and Kabam's revenue side. Hurry though, this is not one of those issues that should take months to resolve.

I hope we here soon from Kabam..

@Ænigma what is your ign? I’m curious what makes you the judge of who should be top 3 or not. Do you even know us? Do we know you? Maybe you can try playing with us to get to know us better.
  • RemmieRemmie Posts: 212
    edited October 2018

@Kabam Miike
    Keep in mind before changing sig, this only affects AM. So, you're changing a sig that's used in other modes as well based on one mode. Seems that mode, as outdated as it's become, is just screaming for attention.. not the bot.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    I want at least 10-30min. energy timers for the AM
    And to be able to take 4 or 5 bots to the AM would be awesome
    (Much more T2 Alpha) and T3 Alpha should also be addressed to rewards in AM
    This would help everyone that plays the game
    Because of the Alliance Mission I’ve heard of players and I’ve seen players quit because of the alliance mission we have today
    We need more of a life the alliance mission takes up sooooo much time 😩
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Players are leaving because 1hr AM timers are too stressful
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    @Ænigma what is your ign? I’m curious what makes you the judge of who should be top 3 or not. Do you even know us? Do we know you? Maybe you can try playing with us to get to know us better.

No thanks! From what I hear you guys are a joke I would never want to play with you. Just get off your high horse.
  • Faithz17 wrote: »

Can't believe what I read,
    NERF MV1 Willpower, seriously? How the hell this great thought came to you?
    NanoJack is a notable point.
    And You one shot Megatronus just like MV1 through his Sign, when they are above 10/20%.
    Demotron? What is in him to NERF?