Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Version 2.1 Patch Notes Discussion

Transformers: Forged to Fight v2.1 launches tomorrow! Check out the patch notes here: http://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/16/transformers-forged-to-fight-changelog#latest

Questions? We've got answers! Ask away!

Comments

• ToughnutToughnut Posts: 201
    Is the "a new force coming, Megatron is near" a new event?
  • Toughnut wrote: »
    Is the "a new force coming, Megatron is near" a new event?

There will definitely be another Spotlight mission once this one ends. Maaaaybe Megatron is in there, maybe he isn't... :wink:
  • JuniorAllenJuniorAllen Posts: 26
    edited July 2017
    @Kabam Miike
    Glad to see the AM crash penalty has been removed. Are there any plans to remove the half-health penalty for Special Solo Missions or Raids? It took me much more time to beat the hardest paths of the Hot Rod mission because I would have a couple of crashes each time I tried it. Seems like crashes are happening pretty often across platforms (and I'm sure the team is frustrated by this, too.)

I TOTALLY understand why the penalty exists, but multiple crashes a day make the penalty ten times more frustrating for users who are not rage quitting than they are a deterrent for those who try to cheat the system.

Thanks for the info on the update! Glad the game team is working to make productive changes!
  • BigbowlrBigbowlr Posts: 121
    Is there gonna be something given to players to make up for all the resources used on our ratchets? R4 forge 100 ratchets sucked up alot of resources that are now gonna be useless
  • MustangjonMustangjon Posts: 1,146
    No mention of a fixed am past the bandaid repair now for post 66?
    Woo! New event! Awesome!

Also: will Act 3 chap 2 be rolling out with this?
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Why the change to Ratchet? Will his self diagnosis stop once you get back to 50% health? This is not a change that is going to be accepted well. He already got nerfed once before and now you're taking away part of what makes him still usable.
  • DirculesDircules Posts: 509
    JKL wrote: »
    Why the change to Ratchet? Will his self diagnosis stop once you get back to 50% health? This is not a change that is going to be accepted well. He already got nerfed once before and now you're taking away part of what makes him still usable.
    What makes him "usable" is why almost the entire alliance runs him in their AMs and is a key to the success. That's not "usable", that's unbalanced.

So he's effectively the same, under 50% health. So they halved his health. Half of infinite is still a lot.

If your removing heal above 50% on ratchet fine, but no power gain as well? I mean dude has pillow hands as is, need to rework self diagnosis then
  • JKL wrote: »

We realize that this is definitely going to be a contentious change, but as we've said in the past, we're going to continuously be looking at the performance of bots and Mods (yes, Harm Accelerator is on that list) to ensure that we're not creating any potential unbalanced situations where one or two bots will become the answer to everything and content is then created to counter those bots, and is punishing to players that do not have them.

Ratchet is still going to be super capable and very usable, but just won't be healing like crazy right at the beginning of a fight, and will still have his health regeneration on his Sp2, as we want to keep that a viable option for players that want to heal early and often.
  • Toughnut wrote: »
    Woo! New event! Awesome!

Also: will Act 3 chap 2 be rolling out with this?

I should clarify that the event won't start until the Current one (A question of Loyalty) is complete! Unfortunately, 3.2 isn't quite ready for the world just yet.
  • tekkn1kaltekkn1kal Posts: 430

We realize that this is definitely going to be a contentious change, but as we've said in the past, we're going to continuously be looking at the performance of bots and Mods (yes, Harm Accelerator is on that list) to ensure that we're not creating any potential unbalanced situations where one or two bots will become the answer to everything and content is then created to counter those bots, and is punishing to players that do not have them.

Ratchet is still going to be super capable and very usable, but just won't be healing like crazy right at the beginning of a fight, and will still have his health regeneration on his Sp2, as we want to keep that a viable option for players that want to heal early and often.

Ratchet is going to need some extra damage potential then. It seems like you haven't tested this at all at higher levels. Ratchet is already at a disadvantage in AM in damage, and this is a big hit to his damage.

Take the healing away, fine, but no power gain over 50% means he is useless in AM now.
    Awesome,

Thanks for the info miike!
  • tekkn1kal wrote: »

Ratchet is going to need some extra damage potential then. It seems like you haven't tested this at all at higher levels. Ratchet is already at a disadvantage in AM in damage, and this is a big hit to his damage.

Take the healing away, fine, but no power gain over 50% means he is useless in AM now.

And we'll keep an eye on that. If we find that he isn't performing very well anymore, we'll make further adjustments to ensure that he stats in line with other Bots, the same way we did with Arcee and Mixmaster.
    Ratchet's power gain was the one counterbalance to his noodle arms but taking that away, seems like the change might have been over done. Ratchet already has some timeout issues in higher level AMs, he definitely won't be able to do enough damage now against some bots.
  • JKL wrote: »
    Ratchet's power gain was the one counterbalance to his noodle arms but taking that away, seems like the change might have been over done. Ratchet already has some timeout issues in higher level AMs, he definitely won't be able to do enough damage now against some bots.

We can see where you're coming from, and while we want all Bots to be viable in different modes, a 3-Star Ratchet is not really an ideal candidate for higher levels of Alliance Missions. Some bots will definitely be more capable in certain modes and missions than others, and some fights/matchups will not be good choices for certain Bots. This is where you'll have to make strategic choices.

But like I said, we're going to keep an eye on Ratchet and make sure that he doesn't fall out of line with all the other Bots in the game, and if he does, we'll adjust him again.
    @Kabam Miike any updates on the bots holding their sp2?
  • Hey everybody,

We've just been informed of an issue that will affect 2.1 that will unfortunately be making its way into the live build tomorrow. It's nothing game breaking, but is likely to cause some confusion.

When viewing your Away Mission choices, you will not be able to scroll down by hold down on the missions themselves and scrolling. There is a quick workaround: You can move through the list by holding your finger on the Rewards that are shown and scrolling there.

This was an issue that we believed to have been fixed, but it appears that the fix did not work, even after our testing had concluded that it would.

So basically, use the Right side of the Away Mission screen to scroll through the list. We'll be making a known issues thread for 2.1 shortly, but wanted to let you guys know right away.
  • Hey guys,

There appears to be something that I missed with the changes to Ratchet. Ratchet no longer has an Attack penalty while under Self-Diagnostics. So he should be able to do more damage now, even while healing.
  • acidfunacidfun Posts: 5
    Basically what you are telling us is that you are going to nerf bots but not fix bots or mods. You didn't like the idea that a bot would heal and not need to spend repairs on it, or a bot that was capable of taking on higher PI due to being unstoppable.

By nerfing Motormaster just after you release a money deal that lets us now rank him to level 3, to then in a few min (not even got a chance to try him out) find out that he is no longer able to do what he did great. But using the excuse that he will now be easier to counter, child pls!!!

I thought we had at least a year before MCoC nerfs were gonna be implemented. Could we at least get some down-rank tokens, and should we prepare to see a nerf on both Optimus?
  • acidfun wrote: »
    Basically what you are telling us is that you are going to nerf bots but not fix bots or mods. You didn't like the idea that a bot would heal and not need to spend repairs on it, or a bot that was capable of taking on higher PI due to being unstoppable.

By nerfing Motormaster just after you release a money deal that lets us now rank him to level 3, to then in a few min (not even got a chance to try him out) find out that he is no longer able to do what he did great. But using the excuse that he will now be easier to counter, child pls!!!

I thought we had at least a year before MCoC nerfs were gonna be implemented. Could we at least get some down-rank tokens, and should we prepare to see a nerf on both Optimus?

Since the end of our Beta period, we have made adjustments to 18 Bots (some more than once). This is hardly the first time, and a lot of these were Buffs or answers to problems players were having, like Harm Accelerator.

We will continue to do this in the future in order to ensure that we do not create any balance issues. Unfortunately, there are no plans to issue anything that will allow players to "Rank Down" at this time.
  • No comment on crash/penalty issues other than AM? I'm finishing the Hot Rod event now and once again, I've had two crashes during the run. Two of my bots that lost half of their health during the hardest run of the hardest level. I'm going to make it this time. But I'm hoping this patch will mean fewer crashes for the next event, or the elimination/easing of that penalty.
    edited July 2017
    Guess just a forgotten to mention detail

g4ln9czecmji.png
  • I have a question I updated mine and it's still the same with graphic its just everything runs fine but the graphic needs improvement. So my question is will there be a update with the graphic improvement like the iphone?
  • edited July 2017
    Mustangjon wrote: »

Good Eye! That was a slip up on our part, and actually something pretty cool for you guys. +5 to Deduction Skills.

Updated the patch notes to include this:
    - If you ask for help in Missions, you get a short attack boost for Missions only every time an Alliance member provides help.
    - If you ask for help in Arenas, you get a short attack boost for Arenas only every time an Alliance member provides help.
  • KingChris2KingChris2 Posts: 101
    Mustangjon wrote: »

Good Eye! That was a slip up on our part, and actually something pretty cool for you guys. +5 to Deduction Skills.

Updated the patch notes to include this:
    - If you ask for help in Missions, you get a short attack boost for Missions only every time an Alliance member provides help.
    - If you ask for help in Arenas, you get a short attack boost for Arenas only every time an Alliance member provides help.

When are we going to see more 4* bots in the 4* crystals?