Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Support the game and it could become what you hoped it would be.

There is an incredible amount of complaining here on the forums, probably from free to play players. I can't get over the hypocrisy of proudly boasting that you don't pay for a game, then whinging and complaining that the game doesn't have what you're looking for.

The only people who should be entitled to complain here are the paying players. If you're a free to pay player, what exactly are you not getting that you feel entitled to? Even a loading screen should be a bonus for you, because every aspect of this game is charity for you. You should praise Kabam for giving you anything at all. Let's face it, you've given them practically nothing. Just one hit on the download counter, then a bad review and grief on the forums.

Do a little experiment for me. Go and check some of the revenue websites. Compare MCOC and this game. I checked an Apple site, and November's income for MCOC was around $11 million, while this game was around $200k. So maybe you can tell me why there is so much effort being invested in MCOC and so little in this game.

How about trying to recruit some players who are willing to invest money into the game? Don't criticise them for spending money, rather thank them instead. Without them, this game would certainly close.

The solution is to spend more, not less. Kabam is showing love for the game that is generating income. Wouldn't you do the same? Let's look at an analogy. You have two jobs to choose from. One pays you $100k per year with a reasonable workload and conditions, while the other only pays you with free meals, travel allowance and a manager who complains that you're not working hard enough or doing a good job. Which would you choose?

Get over your sense of injustice and start buying in game items. Spoiler alert - The Earth revolves around the Sun, not you. If everyone invested just $10 a month or so, loose change for how much you get out of this game, then I'm sure Kabam would give it an incredible amount of love.

A movie once every 2 months, or play this game solidly for 2 months? I know what I'd rather spend my money on.

TLDR? Quit whining like a spoiled toddler, pay a little, (or a lot), each month to play, watch the game evolve rapidly, and recruit your friends who are willing to spend money on games.

No, sorry, free to pay players are not better than paying players. If you think about it logically, the much maligned whales are the greatest players of all. They deserve their advantages and should be thanked for maintaining our game.

Yes, I often buy items and have spent a considerable amount of money on this game. You're welcome.

Tagged:

Comments

• NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    It's not up to players to spend more with the "hope" Kabam will do more and have their dreams dashed. It's up to Kabam to do more to entice people to spend.

You are assuming that the only people who "whine and complain" here are free-to-play, couldn't be farther from the truth. There are players who have spent and have got nothing significant new in months. That is why they complain.

You have it backwards with your judgemental rant.

The issue is that there are too few carrying the load for too many. Where you have it wrong is with your 'spend more' statement. I think most players don't spend anything at all. Look at the attention MCOC is getting, due to the strong paying player base. We are waiting for Kabam to do something, while Kabam are waiting for us to do something. It's a Mexican standoff.

The issue is that Kabam have a fallback position. They don't need this game as much as we do. They have MCOC doing very nicely, so they can devote their love and energy over there. It's easy to cast off a game that's barely breaking even. We give them a much bigger headache if this game is turning a healthy profit. It's much harder to justify closing that game down, or allowing the player base to leave.

That leaves it up to us to make the first move. Our two choices are to whinge and complain, preserve the status quo and see the game progress as it always has, or else get Kabam's attention by making this game a feasible investment.

The big spenders have a reason to feel disgruntled. I think it's up to the rest of the player base to put something into the game, rather then relying on a few to do it for them. Just a $10 deal each month or so. The money would quickly add up. Spread the load more evenly. The game has a significant number of downloads and players, but these people are milking the game and relying on others to pay for it and develop it for them.

Why are people so willing to drop $10 on a junk food fix, but are terrified at spending $10 on a game that gives them countless hours of pleasure each month? So we try and fail. At least everyone still got the game for that month, right? The best case scenario is that everyone starts to get an even better game, and we all lose a little bit of weight.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited January 2019
    What? We need the game more than Kabam? If the game shuts down no skin off my back. Sure I'll be a little sad and disappointed at first but I'll move on. It's not like this game puts food on the table for me.

Unless you have actual facts as to who spends what, you are just speculating.

Businesses are supposed to create content and products to entice people to spend. If they want money to create that is called investment capital and they'd better give their investors economic return on their capital investment.

Kabam is plenty rich. If they can afford to move into shiny brand new offices, I'm sure they can afford to throw players a bone here once in a while. Like how hard can it be to throw a few bots on a map and call it Chapter 3 of Legends of Cybertron???

• PeasPeas Posts: 74
    There’s a lot of ways to look at this but I can’t help but agree with the op. Many factors, but lack of revenue makes things tough. The issue is that some group has to believe spending more will fix the problem. Either Kabam or the player base. If knowone believes enough to act then it’s gone.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    I dunno about the game, but me and my boys have spent >£7.5K on HASBRO toys and movie merch since we started F2F.

As a playable ADVERT, incredibly effective.

Which is why it's a shame they didn't co-op with Paramount for Bee movie MONTHS in advance

PS- Boys have even convinced me to deck out my on-order A7 (4K, 55TFSi) in maroon with a gold stripe along the bonnet.
    Deadend isn't even in the game!!!
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited January 2019
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    I dunno about the game, but me and my boys have spent >£7.5K on HASBRO toys and movie merch since we started F2F.

As a playable ADVERT, incredibly effective.

Which is why it's a shame they didn't co-op with Paramount for Bee movie MONTHS in advance

PS- Boys have even convinced me to deck out my on-order A7 (4K, 55TFSi) in maroon with a gold stripe along the bonnet.
    Deadend isn't even in the game!!!

Co-op for what though? A third iteration of Bee? They had an event at what seems like a stage when they lost or couldn't afford their licence to produce content anyway.

The only thing that could have been good is some proper advertising but perhaps the powers that be on the other end don't think enough of the game to advertise and promote it. If that is the case, then maybe Hasbro pulled the plug. Marvel work with Kabam a lot on new content and even getting the actors from the films to help create content and promote the game, so maybe Hasbro weren't playing ball.

I mean, the game obviously isn't good enough for you to spend money on but it's good enough to get you to go and buy toys... That says a lot to me.
    edited January 2019
    @DaveJL I've always considered mobile content, especially when linked to huge brands like Marvel, DC, Mattel or Hasbro to be a playable advertisement.

Whether you buy their merch, toys, comics, watch their movies, F2F bundles, etc., shouldn't it be considered revenue?

Especially since F2F website itself is registered under Hasbro?

Or, like when you download an Asda app.
    The app is just gateway and does nowt.

What's jarring is a lack of region-based TRANSFORMERS ads, be it movies, exclusive online merch or even links to TF stuff on Amazon, eBay, etc.

What a lost opportunity
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @DaveJL I've always considered mobile content, especially when linked to huge brands like Marvel, DC, Mattel or Hasbro to be a playable advertisement.

Whether you buy their merch, toys, comics, watch their movies, F2F bundles, etc., shouldn't it be considered revenue?

Especially since F2F website itself is registered under Hasbro?

Or, like when you download an Asda app.
    The app is just gateway and does nowt.

What's jarring is a lack of region-based TRANSFORMERS ads, be it movies, exclusive online merch or even links to TF stuff on Amazon, eBay, etc.

What a lost opportunity

I'm confused as to why you are linking F2F bundles with toys. I'm almost sure that Hasbro either take a % of revenue for the rights to use the TF characters and brand or they get paid an agreed figure in return for letting Kabam use the content. Then they also get input on the characters etc. All of that is just a cost to Kabam. Kabam and Hasbro aren't the same entity, so if you're sidestepping Kabam and giving even more money to Hasbro, then Hasbro are getting paid twice and Kabam are being left in the lurch. If Hasbro were paying Kabam a % of the sales of toys etc then fine, but they aren't... the money goes from us to Kabam to Hasbro. In your scenario it's going from us to Hasbro and from
    Kabam to Hasbro.

Kabam were much more candid when telling the players about the way it worked for MCoC. They didn't mention actual percentages or figures I believe, but essentially they mentioned how they had to work with Marvel to develop characters and pay them a licence fee as well as Google Play and Apple taking a % of the in game transactions (and setting the regional prices in terms of conversion rates). I have no reason to think this would work any differently for TFTF and as no new characters, and apparently content, is being developed, I can only assume that Hasbro are no longer willing to work with Kabam either for financial or operational reasons. That may mean that Kabam no longer have to pay Hasbro, but still, the only way Kabam are going to make any money is if we buy in game stuff, which even Google Play or Apple will take a cut of.
  • M_manM_man Posts: 14
    Personally, I have been wanting to chuck more money at this game but they haven't presented me with anything I really want / need to spend money on.

As a "hardcore" transformers fan I'm very happy to play the game every day and give Kabam its Ad revenue but I know from experience that that isn't enough for a games studio to keep running.

I was hoping they would add Kup or G1 Hotrod to the game and then I would be happy to give them some money in an effort to get a quick 4 / 5 star pull, but unfortunately they've just been releasing characters that while nice (and in some cases Transformers must haves) I don't feel a need to put any more money towards.

I hope that the generic bot chip and recycling of spotlights (Something that probably was going to happen at some point, for those that missed them) is just a way to give the devs time to re-consolidate and focus on new content.

And if there's a licence issue, I'd like to state to any Hasbro Employees (who are totally not reading this) that I have bought a lot more of their products since I started playing this game, much to the dismay of my wallet :p
  • IvanTyIvanTy Posts: 55
    edited January 2019
    @Nutjob Ohh mate your very right about this one. I very much agree with what you said. We need an army of big blubbery whales to support this game so that it will keep on going. But sadly 😟 with what i have witness this past couple of months it went so so downhill that the last straw for me was when they will make an awesome event with lots of new and exciting content and new characters last december that will tie in with bumblebee movie. I said to myself that "Wow a new bumblebee movie coming out maybe kabam will make this special event more meaningful to us dedicated gamers who loves this game and plays it with love for thr franchise and the game that they develop. It will be the most enjoyable christmas ever!"

But NO NO NO!!!!!! They have FAILED so horribly no new art or new game content at all.. all Recycled 😑

Marvel is a popular brand and i have a feeling that all earnings here in this game are directly go the Cinematic videos for silver surfer and increase the amount of the developers salary. Before this game have so many developers now its only 1 person who can't update the loading screen and now recycle the events because its a 1 man developer show now.

ATTENTION ALL FREE TO PLAY PLAYERS!!!!!

LETS ALL GO AND TRANSFER TO MCOC AND PLAY THAT GAME its more fun and lots and lots of new and exciting content and monthly loading screen yeeeyy!! 😉
  • I have said it before, the more guaranteed content of a purchase is, the more I will spend. Especially if it is of good or better value.

The only complaining I do is on the core of the rewards and game play. Meaning, I believe the rewards are too little, the paying players keep getting stronger while the rest are weaker, and sometimes there is just stupid mods or boss fights or the AI has super block and dodge.

• Username619272981Username619272981 Posts: 138
    edited January 2019
    lol i spent hundreds, its not the issue.

They planned to sell Kabam limb to toe since 2016, loyalty should be reciprocal, cant blame F2P players.
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    I spent monthly and never spent on any other games before this. My spend pulled back when content and communication about the futue slowed to a hault from Kabam. Had they continued clear communication and even slow improvement to game my spend would have remained. Im not throwing more bones to people who have holed me in the dark about if my current profile and bots will even be available in the future.
  • tEatEa Posts: 65
    There’s a two way street between the game & the players. The game is supported by the players & the players need a game that is fun & enjoyable to play. In this dynamic you can not expect players to carry a game that is heading into an unlikable future. To express concerns or distaste of certain areas is not complaining, but informing those who can do something that things need to change to benefit us all!! Please hear this Kabam
  • Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    To expect us to all paid more money to Kabam for a game that will be finished by the middle of the year is completely stupid.
    Until they give new content, etc no one should be putting any money into this game.
    Regarding all going to play MCOC, I used to play that game nearly 3 years ago. I quit when they had that very bad update & the game got impossible to play. Defo wont go back to that game.
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    kranders wrote: »
    You are terribly misguided and need a lesson in basic economics. You don't pay for something in the hopes it will get better, something needs to be offered to pay for. Many people spent money in the past when there was some new content. I for one stopped as soon as I saw no considerable update or plans after the last AM map.

Yes, this. This isn’t Kickstarter.
    Nutjob wrote: »
    There is an incredible amount of complaining here on the forums, probably from free to play players. I can't get over the hypocrisy of proudly boasting that you don't pay for a game, then whinging and complaining that the game doesn't have what you're looking for.

The only people who should be entitled to complain here are the paying players. If you're a free to pay player, what exactly are you not getting that you feel entitled to? Even a loading screen should be a bonus for you, because every aspect of this game is charity for you. You should praise Kabam for giving you anything at all. Let's face it, you've given them practically nothing. Just one hit on the download counter, then a bad review and grief on the forums.

Do a little experiment for me. Go and check some of the revenue websites. Compare MCOC and this game. I checked an Apple site, and November's income for MCOC was around $11 million, while this game was around $200k. So maybe you can tell me why there is so much effort being invested in MCOC and so little in this game.

How about trying to recruit some players who are willing to invest money into the game? Don't criticise them for spending money, rather thank them instead. Without them, this game would certainly close.

The solution is to spend more, not less. Kabam is showing love for the game that is generating income. Wouldn't you do the same? Let's look at an analogy. You have two jobs to choose from. One pays you $100k per year with a reasonable workload and conditions, while the other only pays you with free meals, travel allowance and a manager who complains that you're not working hard enough or doing a good job. Which would you choose?

Get over your sense of injustice and start buying in game items. Spoiler alert - The Earth revolves around the Sun, not you. If everyone invested just $10 a month or so, loose change for how much you get out of this game, then I'm sure Kabam would give it an incredible amount of love.

A movie once every 2 months, or play this game solidly for 2 months? I know what I'd rather spend my money on.

TLDR? Quit whining like a spoiled toddler, pay a little, (or a lot), each month to play, watch the game evolve rapidly, and recruit your friends who are willing to spend money on games.

No, sorry, free to pay players are not better than paying players. If you think about it logically, the much maligned whales are the greatest players of all. They deserve their advantages and should be thanked for maintaining our game.

Yes, I often buy items and have spent a considerable amount of money on this game. You're welcome.

You are terribly misguided and need a lesson in basic economics. You don't pay for something in the hopes it will get better, something needs to be offered to pay for. Many people spent money in the past when there was some new content. I for one stopped as soon as I saw no considerable update or plans after the last AM map.

In reality they should either kill the game or make clear the plans. I would continue to argue the exact opposite of everything you've said. The whales that spend money on dumb deals like $300 for three five stars, or to get to rank five, is what allows Kabam to keep milking the game. Not spending anything forces a decision rather than the slow death that seems to be happening.

Then why are you playing the game? After you deliver your basic lesson in economics, perhaps we can discuss the fact that you use the product every month, probably without paying.

Let me give you a different analogy. You love your local restaurant and the food they serve, but you are getting bored with it. You therefore demand that they update their menu and improve the quality of food and service, or else you won't eat there anymore. You still frequent the restaurant, but just sit and play on your phone, use their electricity to charge your battery, eat the free bread sticks and drink the complimentary water. You complain when their WI-FI is a bit slow, and that their toilets aren't as clean as you'd like.

The restaurant isn't making much money, because most of the seats are taken by freeloaders. You assure them that if they invest money and time into the venue, then you'll buy their food. They are skeptical, because they did that for 1-2 years, but most people weren't paying for the food. They did, however, consume a truck full of bread sticks and drank a whole lot of mineral water.

You proudly declare that you ate food in the past and paid for it. For that reason, the restaurant owes you a better future experience.

You then complain that it looks like the restaurant owners may close the venue to focus on their more profitable establishment in the CBD. You abuse them and tell them that they owe it to the previous customers to keep their doors open, and invest money and time in providing better food and service, preferably in the form of free meals. Not many people paid for the food in the past, but if it's better than before and cheaper, they might pay for it in the future. They just have to trust you.

I am simply saying this: Get behind the restaurant and order some food, if you love it and want it to stay, or else go and find a new place to eat.

I look forward to your economics class.
    edited January 2019
    Someone should've released a proper Bumblebee Movie-themed Happy Meal.
    See?
    I'd buy it (economics) and support that particular chain (for the 4 weeks they constantly updated their Bee movie toys).

No need for animosity, lads.

Aren't we all just TF fans.
    (Bayformers apologists, NOT WELCOME 😂😂😂)
    I still don't understand why no one seems to count playing the game on a daily basis as a provided service? I can't apply this logic to any other life situation. I don't know of any other goods and services offered by private companies that allow you to use them for free, with a handshake agreement that if they improve the services to your liking in the future, then you may, possibly pay something.

Do you think it's acceptable to buy one cinema ticket, then see the movie an unlimited number of times until they release the sequel? The movie hasn't been improved, so you should be allowed to return to the cinema with your original ticket until you get bored, right?

By way of another example, this bizarre argument seems to imply that you are allowed to attend a gym forever, without renewing your annual membership, unless the gym installs new machines and fitness programs. Only at that point are people required to pay another membership fee, and the cycle begins again.

We are still playing this game. Kabam are still maintaining the game, servers, and forums. They are still paying for servers and probably Hasbro license fees. What exactly are we supposed to be entitled to? We take the product at face value. My idea is that we should pay a little for using it on a monthly basis to make it commercially viable. If Kabam doesn't improve the product with our money flowing in, we switch to another game. If they improve it to our liking, then we stay. Now that's true economics.

The best way to keep a good or service available is to make it financially viable. How does withdrawing all of our financial support, then using this game for free, do that? Of course it will be shut down under those conditions. How can we blame Kabam, when the market isn't supporting the product? Are you happy to work for free, or even for a loss, because your boss tells you the customers will be sad if you leave?

Also, please don't give me the - 'Kabam needs to make the product appealing to earn my money' - argument. You're still playing the game, so it must be appealing to you on some level. Otherwise, why don't you just stop and leave the forums?

Where in real life does this model of - 'I'm allowed to use your stuff for free, forever, unless you freshen up what you offer' - apply? Someone mentioned that this isn't Kickstarter and he's right. We have a fully functioning product that you can use on a daily basis. With Kickstarter, you have nothing until it's released. You don't even know how good it will be, just an outline and some loose promises.

TLDR?

Option 1 - If you don't like the game, then leave and play something else.
    Option 2 - If you like the game as it is, or you want it to improve but don't have access to daddy's credit card, stay and enjoy it as it is.
    Option 3 - If you want a better game in the future, and you have daddy's, (or your own), credit card, then try paying for some of the offers to create an income stream from the game. It can be a little, or a lot. See if Kabam improve the game once it starts turning a reasonable profit.
    Option 4 - If we commit to option 3 for a while, but nothing changes, refer back to option 1.

In the worst case scenario, if you pay a little money each month and the game closes down, you probably sacrificed a cup of coffee a week to play it. I think that's more than reasonable, don't you?

Special note: I am learning a lot about the average ages of the people that post on this forum ...

People under the legal drinking age are not invited to respond ...

• ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited January 2019
    Let's relate this to Sears. Sears back in the day used to be the biggest store in all of America. It out competed every other store in America and was at the very top. But now, Sears is filing for Bankruptcy. Do you want to know why Sears is closing? Because once Sears was at the top it never improved. This plus the opening of Walmart, which was a store that offered more, stopped it's economic interest and they lost customers. After all, why spend money at a place that isn't offering anything new? It's not like Sears' merger store, Kmart, has anything else to offer either. Now Walmart is the biggest store while Sears is closing.

It's kind if like this situation. Transformers Forged to Fight, at it's start, was delivering content prompting customers to join and spend money. But now that new content has stopped, what''s the point of spending? Why spend money on a game that isn't offering anything new? On the other hand, I spend money on MCOC because they actually have new stuff to offer. Just like how people went to spend money at Walmart instead of Sears.

I still play the game because it's FUN, it gives me my Transformers fix. There was a time that I wanted to spend money on a 4 Star Galavtron, but then decided that I should spend my money on stuff more deserving.

So yes, it's Kabam''s fault because they don't give us any new content for us to spend money on. The player decides if something is worth spending and given the fact that Kabam has done NOTHING new, there is no use on spending anything.

That's just my 2 cents. This is coming from someone below the drinking age, so point out any flaws. Peace :)
    Your analogy with a restaurant makes absolutely no sense in relation to this argument. You have a product that essentially will no longer be updated. Content will be recycled. I’ve spent plenty on this game and still a little here and there. If Kabam wants more money, make something new. Hopefully you don’t run a business, but if you do, I totally have several great investment opportunities for you. Just give me your money and I’ll show them to you later.

You are still missing the point. You are getting something. There is still a game here for you to play. There are still servers online. There are still moderators communicating on the forums. There are still offers in the shop and updating of recycled content. The reason this game is not being updated, is undoubtedly due to the fact that almost everyone wants to play it for free. If everyone committed a little money (even just one of the daily offers every month), then we're paying peanuts to play this game daily, and there's a real chance Kabam will change their mind and assign resources to improve it. Why wouldn't they? Currently they have very good reasons not to support it. Let's give them a good reason to develop it.

Yes, you paid for this game in the past, and they gave us new content for a long time. My point is that if you play it now, you should pay for it now. If we were willing to do that, it would become viable. Kabam shows with MCOC that they're willing to invest in a game where they receive money from customers. We can either spend like MCOC customers and revive this game, or else convince everyone to give Kabam nothing and watch it die.

The people still here are those who want to see the game continue. Who exactly are you expecting to pay for that? Me? Someone else? It seems that global warming and the demise of TFTF are always someone else's problem - Kabam, flatulent cows, and the whales who aren't spending enough.

Share the load is my message.
    Let's relate this to Sears. Sears back in the day used to be the biggest store in all of America. It out competed every other store in America and was at the very top. But now, Sears is filing for Bankruptcy. Do you want to know why Sears is closing? Because once Sears was at the top it never improved. This plus the opening of Walmart, which was a store that offered more, stopped it's economic interest and they lost customers. After all, why spend money at a place that isn't offering anything new? It's not like Sears' merger store, Kmart, has anything else to offer either. Now Walmart is the biggest store while Sears is closing.

It's kind if like this situation. Transformers Forged to Fight, at it's start, was delivering content prompting customers to join and spend money. But now that new content has stopped, what''s the point of spending? Why spend money on a game that isn't offering anything new? On the other hand, I spend money on MCOC because they actually have new stuff to offer. Just like how people went to spend money at Walmart instead of Sears.

I still play the game because it's FUN, it gives me my Transformers fix. There was a time that I wanted to spend money on a 4 Star Galavtron, but then decided that I should spend my money on stuff more deserving.

So yes, it's Kabam''s fault because they don't give us any new content for us to spend money on. The player decides if something is worth spending and given the fact that Kabam has done NOTHING new, there is no use on spending anything.

That's just my 2 cents. This is coming from someone below the drinking age, so point out any flaws. Peace :)

Considering your points were better than other forum users over the legal drinking age, you can be forgiven - as a child prodigy.
  • HrockHrock Posts: 132
    Im seeing nutjob isn't just a clever naming thing... :D
  • tEatEa Posts: 65
    @Nutjob Thanks for War & Peace! :-) Basically your arguing to invest into the game. Invest all you want into that restaurant! As for me, unless they’re giving out shares I’ll keep my money. Are you going to eat the rest of those fries?