Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Game is breaking the rules.

TyberiousTyberious Posts: 120
edited June 2019 in General Discussion
Is there some reason the developers think it is ok for the games A.I. to ignore the rules of the game.

I am talking about A.I. bots being able to block while dashing without stopping the bot's motion. First time I noticed this was fighting Soundwave and he reflectected my shot while dashing twards me. This doesn't just happen when fighting against the A.I., but also when MY bots are controlled by the A.I.

Other examples I have noticed are sidestepping and attacking with the bots feet not landing from sidestepping. Where as I have to wait until my bots feet are on the ground before I can attack.

Also, A.I. has been SHOOTING me while I have them pinned in to the wall. I don't step back only a small gap after combo.
Meanwhile, I more often than I like am throwing punches while my enemy is on far side of map without dashing back. This makes me eat a lot of lasers.

There should not be such major game breaking problems with such little content updates we are getting. It seems like this game went from a full production team to a couple of kids in a garage. This is pushing me away from this game.

If you read all of this thank you for reading my rant. I hope you have a good day.

Comments

• No game is perfect
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    soundwave doesn't have to block to reflect FYI
  • CandKaneCandKane Posts: 718
    edited June 2019
    Yeah the AI has been doing this since launch, especially at higher PI levels. It simply ignores timing limits on animations and inputs commands as fast as the code can process it. No way around it, but it helps to think of it like an old-school arcade cabinet. Above a certain level, there are no rules, the CPU is simply programmed to murder you until you run out of quarters/energon/credit card balance. Now, you can always use items/energon/ strategic spending to finish high level content regardless, but it puts a firm-ish ceiling on F2P players without explicitly playcalling you. Overall, I'll take it over scummier "freemium" practices since you can eventually finish most fights with a mix of ninja skills and a bit of luck. I understand though, definitely frustrating that the AI is visibly playing by different rules and you can play perfectly and die because the AI decided you should eat a crit special.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Id even venture to say as you bring stronger bots into the fight the ai sorta dumbs down and is easier to fight where as if you bring a bot thats much lower than what your fighting, that ai will all of a sudden be super reactive and just smash you to bits before you even know what happened.
  • TfpsoundwaveTfpsoundwave Posts: 152
    The soundwave one is because of sonic shield, he can reflect ranged even if hes not blocking, its like an auto block thingy
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Bacause:
    Sonic Shield

Soundwave projects a Sonic Shield that grants him Energy Resistance and a chance to Reflect incoming Ranged Attacks.

When filling a Power Bar: Soundwave projects a Sonic Shield that grants him 35% Energy Resistance and has a 20~90% chance to Reflect incoming Ranged Attacks, dealing 140% of their original damage.
    Nowhere is written it procs when blocking.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Yeah, the AI has been pretty much broken from the start. 1 other weird occasion is when they cancel their own dash attack to evade my incoming attack
  • Mr_WonderfulMr_Wonderful Posts: 760
    At least the auto fight A.I. can do something skilful. Compare auto fight to master bosses and they’ll get smashed regardless of PI or anything.

Not that I expect auto fight AI to be master level skilled, but at least par for the course with
    CandKane wrote: »
    Yeah the AI has been doing this since launch, especially at higher PI levels. It simply ignores timing limits on animations and inputs commands as fast as the code can process it. No way around it, but it helps to think of it like an old-school arcade cabinet. Above a certain level, there are no rules, the CPU is simply programmed to murder you until you run out of quarters/energon/credit card balance. Now, you can always use items/energon/ strategic spending to finish high level content regardless, but it puts a firm-ish ceiling on F2P players without explicitly playcalling you. Overall, I'll take it over scummier "freemium" practices since you can eventually finish most fights with a mix of ninja skills and a bit of luck. I understand though, definitely frustrating that the AI is visibly playing by different rules and you can play perfectly and die because the AI decided you should eat a crit special.

Primal’s spotlight springs to mind when you describe this. He was crazy fast in the last fight like his sidestepping animation had been sped up. Like that wasn’t bad enough with the constant unstoppable either, that he refused to give up due to his abnormal reflexes
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Tyberious wrote: »
    I understand no game is perfect, but this has been a problem for some time and it is getting worse. I can't throw money at the game to pass a level of difficulty like this.

You should not be throwing any money at this game period.

It’s their choice, we all have different passions and interests. I spend money on action figures, this guy spends on the game there’s nothing wrong with that.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    I hate that part when you dodge AI's melee heavy and then try to counterattack with range shots but your bot just stays in the corner and ends up doing melee attacks that never reaches the AI .. thus providing the AI with an opening
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Slayer wrote: »
    I hate that part when you dodge AI's melee heavy and then try to counterattack with range shots but your bot just stays in the corner and ends up doing melee attacks that never reaches the AI .. thus providing the AI with an opening

Yes, this happens too often.
  • Just wanted to drop in and let you know I'm looking at this thread. I'll be bringing more eyes to it tomorrow.
  • I have also encountered issues where ranged shots just go right through the AI, like it's intangible.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    I just found a wheeljack that blocked a ranged heavy while taking no damage...how peculiar
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    I just found a wheeljack that blocked a ranged heavy while taking no damage...how peculiar

There are masteries that can do that. Look at the defensive masteries on the bottom right chain
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    DaveJL wrote: »

There are masteries that can do that. Look at the defensive masteries on the bottom right chain

I shall do that
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    the one thing that bugs me is the AI being able to follow you automatically while you sidestep their ranged attacks. it seems like they can shoot 2 or 3 times in a row and if the shots are back to back then the ai turns as you sidestep and still lands one shot, but if i do the same my bot stands there shooting at the same spot while the AI sidesteps my shots

Depends on the bot. I think Arcee's sig will do that after sp1. And I think Mirage's and Starscream's buff after their sp1 also help with that.
  • Bodyopus79Bodyopus79 Posts: 155
    My favorite is when the enemy AI simply cancels out your special to do theirs.

• DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    Yeah this has been an issue for a while....it seems to happen after updates. This time I've noticed bots blocking during a dash, triggering specials as they're getting hit, and ranged shots just ghosting through them.
    Idk enough about coding but it seems the AI is getting input on how to counter AS I'm entering the commands.
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    I feel the same, like when I press the special, the AI gets to activate it's move first
  • xXjuanXxxXjuanXx Posts: 17
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »

Really true! just press to make a special attack and the special attack is done by the enemy!
    What good news is to know that the same thing happens to more people! I'm not paranoid! I am not crazy!
  • Bodyopus79 wrote: »

Especially by robotronus :s:'( ...
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    xXjuanXx wrote: »
    Bodyopus79 wrote: »

Really true! just press to make a special attack and the special attack is done by the enemy!
    What good news is to know that the same thing happens to more people! I'm not paranoid! I am not crazy!

60% of the time, it happens every time.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    It's becoming really prevalent lately in Master. You charge in at a downed bot for them to get up triggering a special, or when you sidestep and they nail you anyway.
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    It's becoming really prevalent lately in Master. You charge in at a downed bot for them to get up triggering a special, or when you sidestep and they nail you anyway.

This would be general timing. The higher the rating the higher chance they counter your move.