Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Buffs for Nemesis Prime (No snark please👍)

Comments

• Options
    BrickT1973BrickT1973 Posts: 334
    BrickT1973 wrote: »
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Manthro wrote: »
    Just the concept of giving a buff to Nemesis while Ratchet, Hound and Mixmaster are in their current state is insane.

If you think Mixmaster actually needs a buff, then you need to learn how to play the game with more skill. He is insanely good.

The only reason why he isn't seen on many rosters is because players are unwilling to learn new Battle tactics. In reality he is one of the best demo bots whether you agree with it or not.

Look, Ratchet Mixmaster and Hound are fine, every bot in this game is at least usable in most situations. But those three are far and away the worst bots in the game, alongside Demotron. Ratchet is lackluster in appearance stats and abilities(I made an entire thread on it), Hound has very low damage output, Demotron is only above average if you put him on a team with inferior bots, and then we have Mixmaster. For him to put out good damage, you need to either spend a minute running around avoiding being hit while not using special attacks or, if he’s awakened, try and land a few perfect blocks, which is not terribly hard but it’s not terribly easy either. It takes all that for him to put out damage equal to other demo bots. Galvatron? Dash back and hold block and now all your ranged attacks deal 60% more damage and your critical melees are stronger. Ironhide? Just use your attacks and you naturally boost your critical damage and strengthen your already strong heavy and special attacks. Ramjet? You’re naturally strong and well armored, you can gain permanent special attack buffs from attacking, and you have some of the games best synergies. Mixmaster needs you to use a different, worse play style to put out damage equal to his peers. He is a passable bot. Passable. I can use him, and I can win matches with him, but it’s gonna be less fun, less effective and more time consuming. Same thing applies to using Ratchet or Hound or Demotron. Sure, I can use them, and I do sometimes. But all of them have better counterparts. Need Ratchet for his healing? Use Wheeljack or Jetfire, they can’t heal as good, but they have better defense and offense. Need Demotron or Mixmaster for their damage? Use Ramjet or Galvatron or Ironhide for the above reasons. Hound is at least unique in that he’s the only one with his precision ammo, but that’s only useful against Arcee, Windblade, Mirage and Barricade.
    Just the concept of giving a buff to Nemesis while Ratchet, Hound and Mixmaster are in their current state is insane.

If you think Mixmaster actually needs a buff, then you need to learn how to play the game with more skill. He is insanely good.

The only reason why he isn't seen on many rosters is because players are unwilling to learn new Battle tactics. In reality he is one of the best demo bots whether you agree with it or not.

Agreed. All you need with Mixmaster is some patience and minimal evasion skills, and you've got a Bot that can overcome even the Relic of Immortality with a Sp1.

You know who else can overcome Relic of Immortality? Soundwaves special 2, Shockwaves special 2, Ratchets special 3, Mirages special 2, Movie Primes special 1, Ironhide special 3, Galvatrons special 2 and special 3, Ramjets special 2 and 3, Waspinators special 3, Tantrums special 3. Relic of Immortality is annoying sure but it’s almost never a threat or the reason I lose a match.

Solid post right here. The big takeaway is that everything is relative until it’s not (choice of the person making their case for a bot). I think we can all agree that every bot has a use so blanket statements like saying “bot X is useless” are an indicator of personal bias and lack of insight — the cancer of all Internet forums.

No bot in the game is useless, but many are weaker than other characters. Take Barricade and Scorponok. Barricade gains a crit rate buff for special 3, crit rate buff and the best evade in the game when knocked down, backfire on ranged attacks and special 1, a power steal on special 2, increased critical damage based on his opponents power, and his backfires stack and last longer when he’s awakened. That’s a decent kit to have. But then you have a bot like Scorponok. He can bleed bots easily, buff his high damage and repair health from light medium heavy and ranged attacks with every bar of power gained, daze his opponent, and inflict backfires that stack easier and guarantee either a long stun(2 stacks) or devastating shock damage over a short period of time, damage so strong and fast, even Grimlock can only mitigates half of it. None of this is to say Barricade is weak, he can still hold his own against many characters, though it’s normally going to be a pretty even fight. But Scorponok is such a beast to use, using Barricade over him will almost never be tactically viable, especially when comparing their respective teams you’ll often find them on. Most Beast Wars bots are among the best in their class(Primal, Rhinox, Cheetor, Scorponok) and have a solid synergy with each other and a great synergy with Primal. Whereas the Movie Cons are either among the weakest in their classes(Demotron, Grindor, Mixmaster) or hovering in the mid to low tier(Barricade, Bonecrusher) and only Demotron gets any good synergies. In fact, Barricade and Grindor have a synergy that works against their skill sets:they power lock the opponent...Grindor, who’s main offensive ability is attacking an opponent with high power, and Barricade, who doesn’t rely on it as much, but is still weakened by it. You’d be better off not using them on the same team, but if you do that, now Demotron is weaker? What kind of sense does that make? And poor Mixmaster, he doesn’t even get an incoming synergy from anyone! He gives out one or two but gets nothing! He’s one of the least effective characters in the game, and he doesn’t even benefit from being with his teammates. Sure, I can use the movie cons. I’ll win missions with them. But it is always less effective and there’s no reason for me to use them over any other team.

I would choose barricade over scorponok

And why is that? What’s the advantage to it? If you would do it because you like Barricade better that’s one thing, I relate to that. Soundwave is an upper mid tier character, but he’s my favorite Transformer ever, so I put everything I had into him to make him stand toe to toe with the best bots of the game. Lots of bots are better than him, I just use him because I like him. Scorponok is a superior bot, and ranks among the best bots in the game, right up there with Tronus, Nemesis, G1 Prime, G1 Megatron, Starscream, Optimus Primal, Movie Prime, Prowl, Wheeljack and Shockwave. So why do you use Barricade over Scorponok?
  • Options

Look, Ratchet Mixmaster and Hound are fine, every bot in this game is at least usable in most situations. But those three are far and away the worst bots in the game, alongside Demotron. Ratchet is lackluster in appearance stats and abilities(I made an entire thread on it), Hound has very low damage output, Demotron is only above average if you put him on a team with inferior bots, and then we have Mixmaster. For him to put out good damage, you need to either spend a minute running around avoiding being hit while not using special attacks or, if he’s awakened, try and land a few perfect blocks, which is not terribly hard but it’s not terribly easy either. It takes all that for him to put out damage equal to other demo bots. Galvatron? Dash back and hold block and now all your ranged attacks deal 60% more damage and your critical melees are stronger. Ironhide? Just use your attacks and you naturally boost your critical damage and strengthen your already strong heavy and special attacks. Ramjet? You’re naturally strong and well armored, you can gain permanent special attack buffs from attacking, and you have some of the games best synergies. Mixmaster needs you to use a different, worse play style to put out damage equal to his peers. He is a passable bot. Passable. I can use him, and I can win matches with him, but it’s gonna be less fun, less effective and more time consuming. Same thing applies to using Ratchet or Hound or Demotron. Sure, I can use them, and I do sometimes. But all of them have better counterparts. Need Ratchet for his healing? Use Wheeljack or Jetfire, they can’t heal as good, but they have better defense and offense. Need Demotron or Mixmaster for their damage? Use Ramjet or Galvatron or Ironhide for the above reasons. Hound is at least unique in that he’s the only one with his precision ammo, but that’s only useful against Arcee, Windblade, Mirage and Barricade.

Agreed. All you need with Mixmaster is some patience and minimal evasion skills, and you've got a Bot that can overcome even the Relic of Immortality with a Sp1.

You know who else can overcome Relic of Immortality? Soundwaves special 2, Shockwaves special 2, Ratchets special 3, Mirages special 2, Movie Primes special 1, Ironhide special 3, Galvatrons special 2 and special 3, Ramjets special 2 and 3, Waspinators special 3, Tantrums special 3. Relic of Immortality is annoying sure but it’s almost never a threat or the reason I lose a match.

Solid post right here. The big takeaway is that everything is relative until it’s not (choice of the person making their case for a bot). I think we can all agree that every bot has a use so blanket statements like saying “bot X is useless” are an indicator of personal bias and lack of insight — the cancer of all Internet forums.

No bot in the game is useless, but many are weaker than other characters. Take Barricade and Scorponok. Barricade gains a crit rate buff for special 3, crit rate buff and the best evade in the game when knocked down, backfire on ranged attacks and special 1, a power steal on special 2, increased critical damage based on his opponents power, and his backfires stack and last longer when he’s awakened. That’s a decent kit to have. But then you have a bot like Scorponok. He can bleed bots easily, buff his high damage and repair health from light medium heavy and ranged attacks with every bar of power gained, daze his opponent, and inflict backfires that stack easier and guarantee either a long stun(2 stacks) or devastating shock damage over a short period of time, damage so strong and fast, even Grimlock can only mitigates half of it. None of this is to say Barricade is weak, he can still hold his own against many characters, though it’s normally going to be a pretty even fight. But Scorponok is such a beast to use, using Barricade over him will almost never be tactically viable, especially when comparing their respective teams you’ll often find them on. Most Beast Wars bots are among the best in their class(Primal, Rhinox, Cheetor, Scorponok) and have a solid synergy with each other and a great synergy with Primal. Whereas the Movie Cons are either among the weakest in their classes(Demotron, Grindor, Mixmaster) or hovering in the mid to low tier(Barricade, Bonecrusher) and only Demotron gets any good synergies. In fact, Barricade and Grindor have a synergy that works against their skill sets:they power lock the opponent...Grindor, who’s main offensive ability is attacking an opponent with high power, and Barricade, who doesn’t rely on it as much, but is still weakened by it. You’d be better off not using them on the same team, but if you do that, now Demotron is weaker? What kind of sense does that make? And poor Mixmaster, he doesn’t even get an incoming synergy from anyone! He gives out one or two but gets nothing! He’s one of the least effective characters in the game, and he doesn’t even benefit from being with his teammates. Sure, I can use the movie cons. I’ll win missions with them. But it is always less effective and there’s no reason for me to use them over any other team.

And why is that? What’s the advantage to it? If you would do it because you like Barricade better that’s one thing, I relate to that. Soundwave is an upper mid tier character, but he’s my favorite Transformer ever, so I put everything I had into him to make him stand toe to toe with the best bots of the game. Lots of bots are better than him, I just use him because I like him. Scorponok is a superior bot, and ranks among the best bots in the game, right up there with Tronus, Nemesis, G1 Prime, G1 Megatron, Starscream, Optimus Primal, Movie Prime, Prowl, Wheeljack and Shockwave. So why do you use Barricade over Scorponok?

I prefer barricades playstyle more over scorponok, i also don't use beast teams that often. And i typically use another warrior, like drift. Now. For nemesis prime, i believe he,like i said before, needs a betterarmor break, because what tactician doesn't have a good armor break? I would also suggest a buff to his damage, cause he isn't THAT hard of a hitter.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited July 2019
    Just to be clear....

You are asking to buff a bot, which by description, has the capability to copy the attack and defense buffs of every bot in the game

Therefore, by definition, he has nearly all the abilities in the game, plus heal.

Why on earth would you think he needs a buff?
  • Options
    SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited July 2019
    Slayer wrote: »
    @NidRob lol care to post that vid of you fighting Primal Rotk here .. 😅

It's a cool video, but don't let the heal you see in that fight fool you into thinking that's gonna be every fight. The mod Primal is on in RotK is a 300% melee buff, so the damage dealt and the heals you see won't be like that in every fight.

One of the guys in our alliance took him to fight Grindor in RoK and fought him for 15 minutes straight without doing any damage to Grindor and Grindor couldn't do any damage to him because of all the armor buffs he permanently stole. It was a stalemate.

So NP will work great on bots that have melee buffs (Primal, MV1, Grimlock, Motormaster, Tantrum, Thundercracker, Prowl, Cyclonus) but with everybody else time will tell how his sig factors into where he goes on the tier list.

Currently, my guess is that he'll be a great choice for the majority of the player base doing mid-level AM's. For the top alliances pushing the envelope where one combo kills you though, I still feel that going with raw damage dealers or specialty outliers like Tronus, Jetfire etc. will be the way to go.

We'll see. The Grindor fight example was very instructive though. I'm wondering if there will be any future Spotlight mods that won't be so NP friendly and ones that are very suited to his kit.

• Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Just to be clear....

You are asking to buff a bot, which by description, has the capability to copy the attack and defense buffs of every bot in the game

Therefore, by definition, he has nearly all the abilities in the game, plus heal.

I thought he only copied melee and armour buffs?
  • Options

I prefer barricades playstyle more over scorponok, i also don't use beast teams that often. And i typically use another warrior, like drift. Now. For nemesis prime, i believe he,like i said before, needs a betterarmor break, because what tactician doesn't have a good armor break? I would also suggest a buff to his damage, cause he isn't THAT hard of a hitter.

Yes. Liking how one bot plays over another. I can get that. But from a technical standpoint, Scorponok covers more ground and plays better. And Nemesis Prime? He has armor breaks already, they’re not the strongest, but he has them, and from the sound of it they play similar to Magnus’ armor breaks, where they stack for every armor buff on his opponent, so basically anti-Primal and anti-duped MV1. Then there’s his special 1 which copies debuffs. And since there’s two types of debuffs, DOT(bleed, burn) and effects(repair block, power lock, etc.) which might include things like armor break and attack down? I don’t know, I don’t have him. Does anyone know if he can copy effect debuffs as well?

Also Cyclonus doesn’t have an armor break, but does armor pierce on special 1, and Bumblebee didn’t have an armor break until that huge bot revamp a few updates ago. And Nemesis already applies armor break only on special 2, similar to how most tacticians have an armor break, but only on one attack. Bumblebee only armor breaks on special 1, Starscream on special 2, and Megatron on his special 1.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Just to be clear....

And?

That seems weak to players somehow?

Take him into special content like ROTK and spotlights, then try and tell me it's not an incredibly powerful ability.

Especially because he can nullify. When those buffs come back, he has a chance to copy stuff like +400% melee damage, +200% Crit rate, 90% armour etc.

His own skillset is nothing to sneeze at either... His S3 alone grants 7 seconds of completely unblockable attacks. 7s is an eternity in this game.
  • Options
    Think of it as behaving similar to Megatron and his No Mercy signature. On his own, he’s very powerful, but he gets even more powerful based off the opponents your facing like Manthro said. Take Nemesis Prime along on Act 3 missions, spotlights, alliance missions, or legends of Cybertron.
  • Options
    小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited July 2019
    小龙女 wrote: »
    Nemesis Prime is already one of the strongest bots this game has ever seen. If you awaken him, you now have a bot on par with Megatronus. He doesn’t need even more, especially when other characters are already becoming weaker and weaker compared to the new ones.

Sorry how is he strongest. Even if u give it to me for free, he will just end up as a rank 2 arena bot....

Tell me what makes him strong? I will give u a counter argument

High damage and medium health, ability to imitate debuffs, nullify buffs, copy buffs, boost your heavy attack, replace buffs with attack down and armor break, and become unblockable for up to 12 seconds. All that, and you can heal yourself with every special attack if you awaken him. Admittedly, none of these buffs are even all that strong, but there’s no real counter to any of his abilities or him as a character. There’s his true strength.

1. His damage I assume is on similar lvl as ogp.
    2. If you got a damaging debuff, at high lvl, u are dead already, who cares if opponent gets a debuff
    3. Nullify buffs. Sure, he only nullify limited types of buffs
    4. Copy buffs. Look he can only copy melee armor buff. Those exist mostly on brawlers, against most bots he has nothing to copy
    5. Boost heavy attack. Sure some added amount of damage, not super meaningful
    6. Replace buffs with attack down, sure but the duration is short
    7. Unblockable 12 seconds...at high lvl, you won’t be even find an opening within that 12 seconds. No pro is going to waste 3 bars of power on 12 seconds of potentially running around doing nothing
    8. Heal yourself? Heals like 5%-10% each special? High lvl Bots KO you in one combo. Good luck trying to heal back u when u are KO already
  • Options
    Hijacker2531Hijacker2531 Posts: 538
    Nemesis Prime is already one of the strongest bots this game has ever seen. If you awaken him, you now have a bot on par with Megatronus. He doesn’t need even more, especially when other characters are already becoming weaker and weaker compared to the new ones.

Sorry how is he strongest. Even if u give it to me for free, he will just end up as a rank 2 arena bot....

High damage and medium health, ability to imitate debuffs, nullify buffs, copy buffs, boost your heavy attack, replace buffs with attack down and armor break, and become unblockable for up to 12 seconds. All that, and you can heal yourself with every special attack if you awaken him. Admittedly, none of these buffs are even all that strong, but there’s no real counter to any of his abilities or him as a character. There’s his true strength.

2. If you got a damaging debuff, at high lvl, u are dead already, who cares if opponent gets a debuff
    4. Copy buffs. Look he can only copy melee armor buff. Those exist mostly on brawlers, against most bots he has nothing to copy
    7. Unblockable 12 seconds...at high lvl, you won’t be even find an opening within that 12 seconds. No pro is going to waste 3 bars of power on 12 seconds of potentially running around doing nothing
    8. Heal yourself? Heals like 5%-10% each special? High lvl Bots KO you in one combo. Good luck trying to heal back u when u are KO already

Dude... not all the players in them game are playing at 120 (140) lvl AM. NP would be immensely helpful for regular fight in medium lvl AM and below along with Spotlights. Characters are not created simply with high lvl AM in mind, but with what a player could do with his toolkit with skill.
  • Options

These kind of “high level” bots you’re describing are ones that kill any bot regardless of who they are in the game in one combo. They’re pointless to bring up here. That’s like saying “Tronus sucks bro, if you go up against high level bots they can take him out in one combo.” High level bots devalue the abilities of all characters. And Nemesis can most likely copy buffs from mods as well, so he’s gonna be very useful in spotlights and alliance missions and such where you can nullify those buffs and copy them once they return if you save enough dark energy, or use his special 2 to replace them with debuffs. Copying debuffs is still a strong ability at most levels that’s just fact, you can use that against all kinds of bots or any harm accelerator. And any heal is a good heal, especially when that method of healing is using special attacks. And unblockable is still useful, either intercept their attacks or charge in and attack them, just be kind of cautious doing it.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

These kind of “high level” bots you’re describing are ones that kill any bot regardless of who they are in the game in one combo. They’re pointless to bring up here. That’s like saying “Tronus sucks bro, if you go up against high level bots they can take him out in one combo.”

I agree I was on a bit extream. My point was to be one of the strongest bot in game, you need some gaming changing abilities that is future proof and good against majority of bots.

His kit is mostly targeted towards brawlers. Prowl gets melee buff and can be copied but many scouts for example don’t have melee armor buff to be copied. Same with other classes.

Tronus is good? Yes his defense relic can mitigate a lot of damage, so instead of getting on combo’ed, u willl survive much longer. Why is he good? He does not depend on anything to be strong. He is strong in himself

He is maybe good against certain bots or mods but not good enough to be a “one of the strongest”

To be a bot at “Optimus prime” lvl, (copy of leader of autobots) players expected much more from him.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Btw what I mean by game changing abilities. Give u an example. Thundercracker, his purification works against everything...(or almost everything) instead of eating half bar of your hp when u take one debuff, he can purify almost instantly.

I will rank up TC over primal just for the purification part.

To me NP is not even worth forging up
  • Options
    edited July 2019

These kind of “high level” bots you’re describing are ones that kill any bot regardless of who they are in the game in one combo. They’re pointless to bring up here. That’s like saying “Tronus sucks bro, if you go up against high level bots they can take him out in one combo.”

I agree I was on a bit extream. My point was to be one of the strongest bot in game, you need some gaming changing abilities that is future proof and good against majority of bots.

His kit is mostly targeted towards brawlers. Prowl gets melee buff and can be copied but many scouts for example don’t have melee armor buff to be copied. Same with other classes.

Tronus is good? Yes his defense relic can mitigate a lot of damage, so instead of getting on combo’ed, u willl survive much longer. Why is he good? He does not depend on anything to be strong. He is strong in himself

He is maybe good against certain bots or mods but not good enough to be a “one of the strongest”

To be a bot at “Optimus prime” lvl, (copy of leader of autobots) players expected much more from him.

It's hilarious that you think 7s of unblockable isn't enough to find an opening...

You don't need to find an opening, you're unblockable. Stay in tight, and chain combos together.

12s is an eternity in this game, you really need to work on your skills if you think it's not enough time to make use of something.

Rhinox powerlock is only 4s long, and it is very useful.

Your issue with NP isn't the bot, it's your own shortcomings. You want a bot that will mask your weaknesses, not realizing it would be game breaking in the process.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

It's hilarious that you think 7s of unblockable isn't enough to find an opening...

You don't need to find an opening, you're unblockable. Stay in tight, and chain combos together.

12s is an eternity in this game, you really need to work on your skills if you think it's not enough time to make use of something.

Your issue with NP isn't the bot, it's your own shortcomings. You want a bot that will mask your weaknesses, not realizing it would be game breaking in the process.

Ok, so let’s say you find opening easily.

U hit him a few times and he gains 1 bar of power, are u going to contunue hitting opponent or not?

So what’s the story here? U saved up 3 bars of power to just hit opponent for a few extra times?
  • Options
    edited July 2019

U hit him a few times and he gains 1 bar of power, are u going to contunue hitting opponent or not?

So what’s the story here? U saved up 3 bars of power to just hit opponent for a few extra times?

What exactly do you want? A win button? You want to launch any attack or special and end the fight?

Because that's what it sounds like.

Players like you asking for Uber overpowered bots never stop to consider that you have to fight against the AI using it as well.

NP is a solid bot. He's better than OGP, who is considered by many (and wrongly, in my opinion) as one of the best bots in game.

OGP doesn't even have a great skillset for the current meta and players love him. He used to be great, but now he's mediocre.

NP has a better skillset, he's OGP on steroids.

The game essentially got a buff to OGP with a different set of synergies.

Again... You should consider that you need improvement to your gameplay and knowledge, as opposed to having the dev team make one that requires no effort to win on your part.

There are players that use bots at elite level AM that I bet you would consider "terrible, weak and underpowered" and they perfect all kinds of battles at D120+
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085

You should be glad that he has a buff that will always proc after sp3 .. unlike some other bots say windblade's sp3 that has like a slight chance of putting a stun debuff whilst NP is giving out 100% chance of buffs ,
    And some of you were talking about his weak armour breaks .
    Let me tell you Armour breaks are not only for increasing damage but they are also nullifying enemy's current Armour buffs . It's a win win situation.
    What else ? Life steal is meh?
    Count how many bots that can actually heal during a battle on their own , very few , right? And NP being one of them is kinda a big thing dont you see?.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited July 2019
    I wonder why @NidRob didn't showup with his 5* NP and tell us what he thinks. Because we came across him in arena already and that r4 NP is solid choice for a Primal battle in ROTK.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited July 2019
    I don't know how all of you can be so sure having not even

What exactly do you want? A win button? You want to launch any attack or special and end the fight?

Players like you asking for Uber overpowered bots never stop to consider that you have to fight against the AI using it as well.

NP is a solid bot. He's better than OGP, who is considered by many (and wrongly, in my opinion) as one of the best bots in game.

OGP doesn't even have a great skillset for the current meta and players love him. He used to be great, but now he's mediocre.

Again... You should consider that you need improvement to your gameplay and knowledge, as opposed to having the dev team make one that requires no effort to win on your part.

There are players that use bots at elite level AM that I bet you would consider "terrible, weak and underpowered" and they perfect all kinds of battles at D120+

Come on dude, say what you will about Nemesis but to suggest he is better than Optimus and that Optimus is mediocre is going a bit far don't you think? Optimus is easily one of the top damage dealers in the game, gets an Armour buff just for blocking briefly, attack buffs just for a heavy, guaranteed permanent Armour Break with SP3 and awakened gets one of the strongest Bleeds in the game with every crit, not to mention his agility and ease of use and his far superior synergies. And you are harping on someone else's apparent lack of skills and knowledge? Suuuure.

• Options
    edited July 2019
    Guys my original attention was not to start a verbal fight, but to evaluate how strong NP is compared to our exiting top bots
  • Options
    Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

Cause I'm to believe what some random player says about OGP regardless of Optimus' permanent armor break with SP3 And bleed when duped...
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085

Cause I'm to believe what some random player says about OGP regardless of Optimus' permanent armor break with SP3 And bleed when duped...

As a tactician that very bleed is useless against almost all brawlers.
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Come on dude, say what you will about Nemesis but to suggest he is better than Optimus and that Optimus is mediocre is going a bit far don't you think? Optimus is easily one of the top damage dealers in the game, gets an Armour buff just for blocking briefly, attack buffs just for a heavy, guaranteed permanent Armour Break with SP3 and awakened gets one of the strongest Bleeds in the game with every crit, not to mention his agility and ease of use and his far superior synergies. And you are harping on someone else's apparent lack of skills and knowledge? Suuuure.

Literally, the only thing that keeps OGP in the meta is in fact the synergies that he receives and grants (they are fantastic), but that marries you to a specific squad. Standalone, he isn't that great. He's basically a more powerful version of dinobot when you compare him to other tacticians.

Dealing damage isn't everything, and the biggest problem OGP has is against resistance mods. His physical damage output means nothing against resistance mods, he doesn't have the versatility to deliver it in many situations.

I've been playing at the highest levels since beta. I'm quite confident in my knowledge and skill, tyvm. I know what works at this level, and what doesn't

I never said OGP was useless or terrible, he's still a fine and powerful choice for the tactician class. All I said was that he is falling behind as the meta advances, and there are superior bots in the tactician class than him at this point, which can make your life easier against the special content we now see.

Stay stuck in the past if you like, but you are handicapping yourself by not seeing the value, versatility and superiority of other choices in the tactician class over OGP.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105

Speak for yourself. Grindor, Motor doesn't counter bleed at all, and Cracker's AI won't necessarily heavy purify.
  • Options

Speak for yourself. Grindor, Motor doesn't counter bleed at all, and Cracker's AI won't necessarily heavy purify.

OG Prime is still a powerhouse of the game. Setting aside his great synergies, he still has good health and damage, basic but strong buffs, powerful debuffs against almost all bots, and very few hard counters. Tantrum and Thundercrackers AI rarely makes use of their purify, and Grimlock, Primal and MV1 are still weak to his armor breaks. Megatron and Starscream can steal or nullify his buffs, but you control when they activate. And demo bots have no hard counters to him. They deal high damage sure, but that applies to most bots already so I wouldn’t even say that’s a weakness for Prime. Really the only solid counters to him are Rhinox with his shields and his signature, Ultra Magnus with his resistance buffs, Bonecrusher with his crit counters, Tronus with his relic of preservation and Nemesis Prime with all his copy, replace and nullify affects, although Nemesis relies on you activating those buffs yourself to become a threat. OG Prime was always one of the strongest bots around, and he still is, easily ranking in the top 5.
  • Options
    OptimalOptimus_MV1OptimalOptimus_MV1 Posts: 1,367
    edited July 2019

WRONG. The only bot it doesn't do well is grimlock.
    For mv1, don't get hit
    TC ai won't necessarily instantly heavy.
    Grindor and motormaster cannot purify
    Be aggressive to tantrum.
    Primal can also be affected.
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited July 2019

Literally, the only thing that keeps OGP in the meta is in fact the synergies that he receives and grants (they are fantastic), but that marries you to a specific squad. Standalone, he isn't that great. He's basically a more powerful version of dinobot when you compare him to other tacticians.

Dealing damage isn't everything, and the biggest problem OGP has is against resistance mods. His physical damage output means nothing against resistance mods, he doesn't have the versatility to deliver it in many situations.

I've been playing at the highest levels since beta. I'm quite confident in my knowledge and skill, tyvm. I know what works at this level, and what doesn't

I never said OGP was useless or terrible, he's still a fine and powerful choice for the tactician class. All I said was that he is falling behind as the meta advances, and there are superior bots in the tactician class than him at this point, which can make your life easier against the special content we now see.

Stay stuck in the past if you like, but you are handicapping yourself by not seeing the value, versatility and superiority of other choices in the tactician class over OGP.

I'm not sure why you are assuming certain (incorrect) things about me just because I am defending Optimus. No one suggested you said he was useless or terrible but mediocre, sorry that's laughable.

Just because you have been playing since beta that doesn't mean you can't be wrong and are always right. I constantly see you talking to players with a condescending tone in this forum.

His permanent armour break gives at least 35% armor reduction and that's at R2. I currently don't have a R5 at any tier so I can't check. That already goes a long way towards getting around physical resistance buffs.....and he has a very good chance at dealing further armour breaks on top of that with every special and that amplifies his damage even more seeing as he'll be dealing hits on top of 2 or sometimes even three armour breaks. Also the resistances don't affect his bleeds so that is quite the versatility. Put all that on top of the attack buffs he gets for Rolling Out.

That's how Optimus can deal with resistance mods if you think outside the box. Please enlighten me on how Nemesis Prime is such a great choice for resistance mods?

Do you have relevant facts to counter me or are you just going to rely on winning an argument by saying you have been playing since beta or accusing me of being stuck in the past?

I know how much you love Starscream and the very fact you conveniently brought up resistance mods clearly shows your bias towards him.
  • Options
    edited July 2019

I'm not sure why you are assuming certain (incorrect) things about me just because I am defending Optimus. No one suggested you said he was useless or terrible but mediocre, sorry that's laughable.

Just because you have been playing since beta that doesn't mean you can't be wrong and are always right. I constantly see you talking to players with a condescending tone in this forum.

His permanent armour break gives at least 35% armor reduction and that's at R2. I currently don't have a R5 at any tier so I can't check. That already goes a long way towards getting around physical resistance buffs.....and he has a very good chance at dealing further armour breaks on top of that with every special and that amplifies his damage even more seeing as he'll be dealing hits on top of 2 or sometimes even three armour breaks. Also the resistances don't affect his bleeds so that is quite the versatility. Put all that on top of the attack buffs he gets for Rolling Out.

That's how Optimus can deal with resistance mods if you think outside the box. Please enlighten me on how Nemesis Prime is such a great choice for resistance mods?

Do you have relevant facts to counter me or are you just going to rely on winning an argument by saying you have been playing since beta or accusing me of being stuck in the past?

I know how much you love Starscream and the very fact you conveniently brought up resistance mods clearly shows your bias towards him.

Armour breaks do nothing against physical resistance buffs. Try it against a 100% physical resistance buff and see what happens.

Now, someone has informed me that OGP specials may not be affected by resistance buffs, because they are both physical and energy damage simultaneously. This may be the case, but if you try it with a known physical damage bot (such as dinobot), you'll see that armour break does absolutely nothing vs physical resistance, just like Wasp's resistance debuffs do nothing vs armour buffs.

If you want to test wasp, it's easy.. fight Mv1 and see if you do any extra damage when Mv1 Sig kicks in with a heavy attack. You won't.

I rate bots on their utility. OGP deals amazing damage, but he has low versatility in the current meta. His synergies have kept him relevant, but there are currently better choices in the tactician pool which allow you to expand your squad options, while giving you equivalent damage output and more utility.

For this reason, I personally rate OGP as mediocre in the tactician class. He's still a top bot overall, but when I look at the tactician class specifically, he is not in my top 3.

I'm not talking in a condescending manner, you are just interpreting it as such. I've mentioned this before, you feel slighted by everyone that challenges your viewpoint. This is at least the 10th time you've made an accusation at me or another.

You automatically assume the worst when this is not the case, and you've even attacked a forum mod that was trying to help you.

It's a forum, it's meant for discussion. You seem to think I have something personal against you. I don't. Stop accusing people in the community of attacking you in every thread.

It's tired. I don't constantly do anything on this forum aside from trying to help players.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949

WRONG. The only bot it doesn't do well is grimlock.
    For mv1, don't get hit
    TC ai won't necessarily instantly heavy.
    Grindor and motormaster cannot purify
    Be aggressive to tantrum.
    Primal can also be affected.
    Also wrong

The only bot that takes avantage of bleeds is Primal. (Unless you’re using Cheetor)
    Grimlock will still take some damage as he takes time to purifiy dots, the damage is not much, but it’s better than 0
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    Just to be clear....

And?

That seems weak to players somehow?

Take him into special content like ROTK and spotlights, then try and tell me it's not an incredibly powerful ability.

Especially because he can nullify. When those buffs come back, he has a chance to copy stuff like +400% melee damage, +200% Crit rate, 90% armour etc.

His own skillset is nothing to sneeze at either... His S3 alone grants 7 seconds of completely unblockable attacks. 7s is an eternity in this game.

Sorry, the way you phrased it made I sounded like he could copy every buff not just melee and armour