Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Act 4 Ch 1 - Autobots Turn

Commanders!

Leaping from a Chrono-Vector test, Wheeljack and Jetfire discover they have entered a parallel time-line to the one they left. They are cut off from contact with the rest of the Autobots and have discovered this world has yet to face the destruction of Megatronus and the awakening of the mysterious Titan that dwells below them.

Will they be able to stop the plans of Shockwave, unite their fellow Bots, and fight off the pulsing waves of darkness that threaten to overtake the planet? Find out in Act 4 Chapter 1: Autobots Turn!

The Structure

Act 4’s Chapters will consist of 6 missions each. The first 5 missions will consist of varying numbers of paths, each with 7 fights per path. The final mission will consist of a single Boss fight.

Each of these paths will have a simple Mod associated with it (Health or Attack boosts, for example), and 2 Mini-Bosses with specially curated Mods to enhance their natural abilities. All paths will culminate at a Final Boss, who has their own set of Mods.

The Final Boss has a special set of Mods to make it an especially tough battle! Be careful Commanders! While none of these Mods are new, there are a few that haven’t been used very often before!

What are the Mods?

We’re not going to give everything away in the announcement! We want this to be a voyage of discovery and collaboration, but will give you a heads up on 2 of the Mods on the final Boss.

Unstable Energon: Inflicts 20% of Attack as Shock Damage for 10 seconds. Can be removed by Heavy Attacks. This effect returns 7 seconds after it is removed or expires.
Relentless Assault: Earn 1 Attack Buff each time the opponent Dodges or Sidesteps. Each Buff grants 13% bonus Attack. At 10 Attack Buffs, gain Unstoppable for 6 seconds.

Difficulty Level

Naturally, as a progression from Act 3, there will be an increase in difficulty going into Act 4, but as a reintroduction to Act content, this is not meant to be extremely difficult content.

You’ll want to make sure that you have a varied roster that can counter Bot’s abilities, and it won’t be easy, but we know that our Commanders are up to the challenge! If you can’t beat the content right away, don’t worry! This is permanent content and will be here when you are ready to come back and conquer it!

Changes to Energy

With the arrival of Act 4, we’re taking this opportunity to reduce the Energy Costs of Acts 2 and 3. Act 2 will now cost 1 energy per step (down from 2 energy per step), and Act 3 will now cost 2 energy per step (down from 3 energy per step).

Rewards
tt7i42mr1aoc.png

It’s Time!

Act 4 Chapter 1 will drop on September 26th! The following chapters will be released in the coming months! Prepare your Bots, Commander!

Comments

• iBKiBK Posts: 200
    edited September 2019
    I don't want to start off negatively, but rewards look a bit disappointing to me. Maybe it's because I had higher expectations, but it's nice to see work being put into the game regardless! Hopefully this revives the playerbase.
  • iBK wrote: »
    I don't want to start off negatively, but rewards look a bit disappointing to me. Maybe it's because I had higher expectations, but it's nice to see some work being put into the game regardless.

It's just chapter 1
  • Groovy
    iBK wrote: »
    I don't want to start off negatively, but rewards look a bit disappointing to me. Maybe it's because I had higher expectations, but it's nice to see some work being put into the game regardless.

I expect that you can’t leap from the difficulty at the end of act 3 to a difficulty in act 4 that would offer the rewards sought

In time i expect this will change and eventually by the end of act 4 we will be at mastery level difficulty and higher level rewards
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    edited September 2019
    Awwwesome! This is epic! The rewards are meh...but I'm happy new content is coming!

EDIT: I say the rewards are meh while forgetting that this is JUST chapter 1...the rewards are epic
  • I rememeber it took all of act 3 to get a 4* ch1 of act 4 is giving a 4* and some 5* shards. This bodes well for full act completion and exploration.
  • iBK wrote: »
    I don't want to start off negatively, but rewards look a bit disappointing to me. Maybe it's because I had higher expectations, but it's nice to see work being put into the game regardless! Hopefully this revives the playerbase.

This was the last chapter rewards.. what do you want? :)

fyc9nq8q71qf.jpg
  • Great, thanks @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike
    Keep on adding things 😎
  • HZEROHZERO Posts: 52
    Let me guess that only fight in the final mission will be against Megatronus (please tell me I was wrong Kabam)
  • Wow. Nice chapter rewards
  • When can we expect the later chapters to be added? I wasn't here when the act chapters were implemented.
  • PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    oe684cppi89e.png
    This is great and all, but with a lack of autobots in this chapter, that means no warpath, and no warpath means I continue trying to get him in the game.
  • When can we expect the later chapters to be added? I wasn't here when the act chapters were implemented.

In the coming months!
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Exciting!
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    When can we expect the later chapters to be added? I wasn't here when the act chapters were implemented.

In the coming months!

I think this is what was said about act 4 when act 3 chapter 4 came out. 😏
  • what about commender level? 65-70 ?
  • A nice start in the rewards for Act 4! Looking forward to beginning Chapter 1 next Thursday!
  • Synthwave wrote: »
    Commanders!

Difficulty Level

Naturally, as a progression from Act 3, there will be an increase in difficulty going into Act 4, but as a reintroduction to Act content, this is not meant to be extremely difficult content.

So when can we expect something that is extremely difficult? Chapter 3 of Legends of Cybertron? A new game mode with scaling difficulty?

I must say that I really really like this idea of scaling difficulty in game modes other than alliance mission. For instance, If we had something like that during fog of war where I could set the difficulty to enemies rated 60k and received 5 times more esscence I could have been done in a couple days rather than mindlessly auto playing nonstop for two weeks. Rewards that match a players roster and skill level may keep higher ranking players interested in the game. Plus you can scale the cost for mission energy too. Make it 30 energy per node and I'll spend the same amount of energon but save lots of prescious time. Kabam please consider this idea. Please
  • Gojuanes wrote: »
    Synthwave wrote: »
    Commanders!

Difficulty Level

So when can we expect something that is extremely difficult? Chapter 3 of Legends of Cybertron? A new game mode with scaling difficulty?

Im with you 100%,... ... We desperately need more challenging solo content. Something that can make full use of 5 star rank 5s outside of AM.

Kabam please look into this.

Totally agree here. I'm with the "picking up where we left off" as long as it continues far enough fast enough we get to use our higher bots soon. The special missions can be for challenges instead of way too many relentless stories. the generations and fog of war events have been absolutely great, but hardly a challenge found for full ranked 4 stars.so happy you guys are getting creative and pushing content out finally, keep this pattern up!!!
  • I wonder who the bosses are.
  • I wonder who the bosses are.

Tonydanzatron
  • SynthwaveSynthwave Posts: 1,012
    edited September 2019
    Hold me closer, Tony Danza.

3v86578f5xzs.png
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Oh Look it's a 6* bot crystal .... @JKL