Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Hello My Old Friend!

Comments

• Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Kitten wrote: »
    Kitten wrote: »
    Thanks for talking to us, Vydious! Really means a lot to me mate. My favourite transformer is Jazz, my favourite toy, character in G1, and bot in TFTF! He’s just awesome in every way (except transformers 2007)

Runners up would be Soundwave for his memorable “
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    biqhe5ycbhrq.png
    This little guy here is one of my all time favorites in Forged To Fight definitely my best Scout 👍, actually lol he’s my only 5* Scout 😊

Rank 4 and forged, good job man while jealous I’m proud

Thanks bro 😊
  • Options
    BonesetterHUNBonesetterHUN Posts: 367
    edited February 2019
    My all time favourite (in the game, the G1 cartoons or the later series) is Grimlock. As a kid I love dinosaurs and robots (as almost every kid in Earth :D ) I really like the way he talks (It's like cookie monster :D ) and he is big and powerful too. After the energon"bath" in the comics, he looks more badass. I really love him.

My other choice is G1 Skorponok with Lord Zarak. He is a badass looking bot. He has a bunch of cannons, guns and claws.. and.. Zarak has heart. He has one of the best moment in the War against Unicron when he attacked him with bare claws and in fight with Optimus against the minions :)

(Others who I like more than others: Thunderwing, Fortress Maximus, Kup and Blurr)
  • Options
    ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited February 2019
    @Kabam Vydious
    So much to chose from, so might as well make a Top 10 List. Before we get there, here are some honorable mentions:
    •Grimlock
    •Ratchet
    •Soundwave
    •Blackarania
    •Bulkhead
    •Bruticus
    •Optimus Primal
    •Tarantulas
    •Drift
  • Options
    #10: Unicron
    k2q6756eo11o.jpg
    The Chaos Bringer, Unicron brings a lot on the table due to the amount of lore and power he has. His shere power is near limitless, able to consume up to universes. The lore he brings in is a lot as well, bringing in the fact he was brothers with Primus, holding the concept of Cybertron hell (The Pit), and introducing Dark Energon. Pretty awesome and surprisingly interesting if you ask me.

#9: Waspinator:
    o3dgad4kxkie.jpg
    What can I say? Waspinator is just one of those characters that I couldn't get enough of. His whole purpose is to make everyone laugh and pity him through his eternal suffering. Even after all the many times he's been scrapped or placed in the sidelines Waspinator still doesn't go down; he's even self-aware of the whole situation. He persists and out lives most of the cast, while making us laugh throughout the whole journey.

#8: Arcee (Prime):
    3bs50jocnujb.jpg
    While I like all the other Arcee's, the Prime one stood out to me the most. What I liked about her character was that she represented the feeling of loss in war, as she lost both of her partners, Tailgate and the Rock. I liked how she started out vengeful, thinking that revenge was the ultimate way for getting even with her enemies. But with guidence from her friends, she managed to move on, which I thought was really interesting.

#7: Starscream (Prime/G1):
    3gkybgkobhqc.jpg
    A bot full of ambition, Starscream is one of the most recognizable characters in the franchise. He's got his own personal motives which are supported by his high ego, distinguishing him from most characters. He's as cowardly as a chicken, but sly as a snake, always trying to outcompete Megatron, whether in a serious or comedical way. It's this ambition
    as to why I think Starscream is a well developed character, especially due to the crazy lengths he would go for power.

#6: Shockwave (G1/IDW/Prime):
    vix632moedci.jpeg
    To put it straight, Shockwave is terrifying. He's not terrifying in appearance, but rather in personality and motives. He has zero emotion, not feeling any sympathy for the people he experiments on and, in a twisted sense, I'm entertained by it. It's the fact that he sends shivers done the spines(?) of both Autobots and Decepticons that makes him very unique. While loyal, he's also very cunning as he could possibly lead the Decepticons if he pleased, but would only do it if it was the logical thing to do. That odd sense of following logic is a very pleasing attribute of his personality that makes him awesome.

#5: Bumblebee (Any of them):
    xgxkysddwgvp.jpg
    Growing up with Bayformers, I loved Bumblebee for his design and for how cool he was. But now I have different reasons; those reasons are that whatever show he was in, he would always have some special bond with someone, which built his character. His jolly and kind attitude makes him so loveable and the fact that he's able to hold his own in battle is a very great contrasting theme to him. Whether he can't talk or if he's voiced by a Spider-man voice actor, he still manages to be awesome in my book.

#4: Optimus Prime (G1)
    t5dkdvxr428h.gif
    Ah yes, the classic Optimus Prime. The one who stood for freedom and does the right thing no matter what. Even though that sounds simple, it still isn't in Optimus' case because he's a commander in WAR. It must be really hard to keep your morality during a time that bloodshed is common. But the thing about Optimus Prime is that he'll still carry on, continuing to inspire his comrades to march forward and never give up. No matter what con he fights, no matter what exestensial crisis he'll go through, he'll still be as optimistic as ever. A great element about him is that no matter how evil someone is, he'll still try to find some good in them. This creates the interesting question on whether people can be redeemed, but Optimus would always prove the answer is yes. That's the Optimus Prime I appreciate.

#3: Megatron(IDW/Prime)/Galvatron(G1/Marvel):
    heym5e4vn78y.jpg
    Now, the reason why I put these characters at the same spot because they still are the same character.

In his first cartoon appearance, Megatron wasn't written too well, but I can understand that since action shows were at their early stages and didn't require complex writing, which I respect. But as writing in TF media became more complex, so did Megatron, and Megatron is very complex. There are many villains who think they're the hero of the story, but none have done it as well as Megatron. The fact that he had good intentions to overthrow a corrupt government, but lost his way due to the violence and hardship of the situation is pretty tragic. He tried to do the best for his people, but he became so obsessed with the idea of peace that he went to extreme and unredeamable methods to do it. Even if he is killing millions of innocent people, remember, he still blindly believes he's in the right and still wants peace himself. He could surrender if he wanted to, but for what? If he does, all the lives lost, all the sacrifices made, his whole Revolution would've been for nothing. That and his twisted ideology is why he continues to wage his battle to destroy the "heroic" forces of the Autobots.

Galvatron on the other hand, was an easy character since he was insane in the "I'm gonna blow you up, then kill you, then blow you up again" way. While simple, he's a fierce force to be reckoned with, usually able to solo entire armies. There's also the great fact that his insanity makes him reveal more of the sadistic side of Megatron and creating character driven problems.

#2: Megatron (Predacon):
    glljgzw38ao5.gif
    It's hard to get better than the best incarnations of the Decepticon Megatron, but somehow the Predacon Leader manages to be better than them. He has every single quality that a Megatron should have (ambition, fearsome, cunning), plus so much more. He has a sense of humor, charisma, and over the top personality that just makes him extremely likeable as a antagonist, as he's just as fun as he is intimadating. This is the Bot that has a Rubber Ducky, yet nearly committed omnicide for Christ sake! He still has very similar motives to his namesake, as he's just trying to restore rescale a corrupted society (remember, Predacons were an underclass due to the fallout of the Great War). What makes BW Megatron different from his namesake is that he knows he's evil and relishes it. He believes that only through dominance and evil, the Predacons would be able to survive, and unlike his namesake he's not afraid to admit it. What also makes him different is that usually Megatrons have armies, but not this Megatron. This Megatron only has a small group of psychotic criminals, most wanting to betray him. But with his cunning mind and brilliant strategies, BW Megs lasted a lot longer than he should have, always outwitting the Maximals. This wit would eventually lead to his full conquest of Cybertron, something most villains never done. While most Transformers villains are probably stronger, more powerful, or more skilled in hand to hand combat, no other villain would ever be more cunning or unique as BW Megatron. Yeesssss.
  • Options
    k2q6756eo11o.jpg
    The Chaos Bringer, Unicron brings a lot on the table due to the amount of lore and power he has. His shere power is near limitless, able to consume up to universes. The lore he brings in is a lot as well, bringing in the fact he was brothers with Primus, holding the concept of Cybertron hell (The Pit), and introducing Dark Energon. Pretty awesome and surprisingly interesting if you ask me.

o3dgad4kxkie.jpg
    What can I say? Waspinator is just one of those characters that I couldn't get enough of. His whole purpose is to make everyone laugh and pity him through his eternal suffering. Even after all the many times he's been scrapped or placed in the sidelines Waspinator still doesn't go down; he's even self-aware of the whole situation. He persists and out lives most of the cast, while making us laugh throughout the whole journey.

3bs50jocnujb.jpg
    While I like all the other Arcee's, the Prime one stood out to me the most. What I liked about her character was that she represented the feeling of loss in war, as she lost both of her partners, Tailgate and the Rock. I liked how she started out vengeful, thinking that revenge was the ultimate way for getting even with her enemies. But with guidence from her friends, she managed to move on, which I thought was really interesting.

3gkybgkobhqc.jpg
    A bot full of ambition, Starscream is one of the most recognizable characters in the franchise. He's got his own personal motives which are supported by his high ego, distinguishing him from most characters. He's as cowardly as a chicken, but sly as a snake, always trying to outcompete Megatron, whether in a serious or comedical way. It's this ambition
    as to why I think Starscream is a well developed character, especially due to the crazy lengths he would go for power.

vix632moedci.jpeg
    To put it straight, Shockwave is terrifying. He's not terrifying in appearance, but rather in personality and motives. He has zero emotion, not feeling any sympathy for the people he experiments on and, in a twisted sense, I'm entertained by it. It's the fact that he sends shivers done the spines(?) of both Autobots and Decepticons that makes him very unique. While loyal, he's also very cunning as he could possibly lead the Decepticons if he pleased, but would only do it if it was the logical thing to do. That odd sense of following logic is a very pleasing attribute of his personality that makes him awesome.

xgxkysddwgvp.jpg
    Growing up with Bayformers, I loved Bumblebee for his design and for how cool he was. But now I have different reasons; those reasons are that whatever show he was in, he would always have some special bond with someone, which built his character. His jolly and kind attitude makes him so loveable and the fact that he's able to hold his own in battle is a very great contrasting theme to him. Whether he can't talk or if he's voiced by a Spider-man voice actor, he still manages to be awesome in my book.

t5dkdvxr428h.gif
    Ah yes, the classic Optimus Prime. The one who stood for freedom and does the right thing no matter what. Even though that sounds simple, it still isn't in Optimus' case because he's a commander in WAR. It must be really hard to keep your morality during a time that bloodshed is common. But the thing about Optimus Prime is that he'll still carry on, continuing to inspire his comrades to march forward and never give up. No matter what con he fights, no matter what exestensial crisis he'll go through, he'll still be as optimistic as ever. A great element about him is that no matter how evil someone is, he'll still try to find some good in them. This creates the interesting question on whether people can be redeemed, but Optimus would always prove the answer is yes. That's the Optimus Prime I appreciate.

heym5e4vn78y.jpg
    Now, the reason why I put these characters at the same spot because they still are the same character.

In his first cartoon appearance, Megatron wasn't written too well, but I can understand that since action shows were at their early stages and didn't require complex writing, which I respect. But as writing in TF media became more complex, so did Megatron, and Megatron is very complex. There are many villains who think they're the hero of the story, but none have done it as well as Megatron. The fact that he had good intentions to overthrow a corrupt government, but lost his way due to the violence and hardship of the situation is pretty tragic. He tried to do the best for his people, but he became so obsessed with the idea of peace that he went to extreme and unredeamable methods to do it. Even if he is killing millions of innocent people, remember, he still blindly believes he's in the right and still wants peace himself. He could surrender if he wanted to, but for what? If he does, all the lives lost, all the sacrifices made, his whole Revolution would've been for nothing. That and his twisted ideology is why he continues to wage his battle to destroy the "heroic" forces of the Autobots.

Galvatron on the other hand, was an easy character since he was insane in the "I'm gonna blow you up, then kill you, then blow you up again" way. While simple, he's a fierce force to be reckoned with, usually able to solo entire armies. There's also the great fact that his insanity makes him reveal more of the sadistic side of Megatron and creating character driven problems.

glljgzw38ao5.gif
    It's hard to get better than the best incarnations of the Decepticon Megatron, but somehow the Predacon Leader manages to be better than them. He has every single quality that a Megatron should have (ambition, fearsome, cunning), plus so much more. He has a sense of humor, charisma, and over the top personality that just makes him extremely likeable as a antagonist, as he's just as fun as he is intimadating. This is the Bot that has a Rubber Ducky, yet nearly committed omnicide for Christ sake! He still has very similar motives to his namesake, as he's just trying to restore rescale a corrupted society (remember, Predacons were an underclass due to the fallout of the Great War). What makes BW Megatron different from his namesake is that he knows he's evil and relishes it. He believes that only through dominance and evil, the Predacons would be able to survive, and unlike his namesake he's not afraid to admit it. What also makes him different is that usually Megatrons have armies, but not this Megatron. This Megatron only has a small group of psychotic criminals, most wanting to betray him. But with his cunning mind and brilliant strategies, BW Megs lasted a lot longer than he should have, always outwitting the Maximals. This wit would eventually lead to his full conquest of Cybertron, something most villains never done.

Where's no. 1?
  • Options
    M00NM00N Posts: 30
    My favourite Transformers ever is Bayverse Sideways, because when I was younger I got a Sideways figure for my birthday, and since then that poor, underused, master of evasions, badass Decepticon grew on me more and more, until it become my favourite Transformer (And he is NOT a Barricade wannabe, he is way better than him :) ) Oh and did I mention he is a dimension hopper? YEAH!!!!

f6h7bra2qnba.gif
    bsxyus2i3q94.gif
  • Options
    k2q6756eo11o.jpg

o3dgad4kxkie.jpg

3bs50jocnujb.jpg

3gkybgkobhqc.jpg

vix632moedci.jpeg

xgxkysddwgvp.jpg

t5dkdvxr428h.gif

heym5e4vn78y.jpg

glljgzw38ao5.gif
    It's hard to get better than the best incarnations of the Decepticon Megatron, but somehow the Predacon Leader manages to be better than them. He has every single quality that a Megatron should have (ambition, fearsome, cunning), plus so much more. He has a sense of humor, charisma, and over the top personality that just makes him extremely likeable as a antagonist, as he's just as fun as he is intimadating. This is the Bot that has a Rubber Ducky, yet nearly committed omnicide for Christ sake! He still has very similar motives to his namesake, as he's just trying to restore rescale a corrupted society (remember, Predacons were an underclass due to the fallout of the Great War). What makes BW Megatron different from his namesake is that he knows he's evil and relishes it. He believes that only through dominance and evil, the Predacons would be able to survive, and unlike his namesake he's not afraid to admit it. What also makes him different is that usually Megatrons have armies, but not this Megatron. This Megatron only has a small group of psychotic criminals, most wanting to betray him. But with his cunning mind and brilliant strategies, BW Megs lasted a lot longer than he should have, always outwitting the Maximals. This wit would eventually lead to his full conquest of Cybertron, something most villains never done.

Where's no. 1?

It took to much space. So I'll put it in a separate post. Plus it keeps people guessing.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    M00N wrote: »
    My favourite Transformers ever is Bayverse Sideways, because when I was younger I got a Sideways figure for my birthday, and since then that poor, underused, master of evasions, badass Decepticon grew on me more and more, until it become my favourite Transformer (And he is NOT a Barricade wannabe, he is way better than him :) ) Oh and did I mention he is a dimension hopper? YEAH!!!!

f6h7bra2qnba.gif
    bsxyus2i3q94.gif

So good at dimension hopping, he went to 2 at once.

Darn Michael Bay
  • Options
    DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    edited February 2019
    I found the lack of a #1 infuriating. Like that episode of The Big Bang Theory where Sheldon needs closure.
  • Options
    RushRush Posts: 3
    Grindor, Hot-Rod top in this game and in film too
  • Options
    M00NM00N Posts: 30
    @Kabam Vydious think we will ever get Sideways in the game?
  • Options
    eq4pnw1zmoiw.gif

Mine is the human hitting bumblebee
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Pinkgoat wrote: »
    eq4pnw1zmoiw.gif

Mine is the human hitting bumblebee

SPARKPLUG Witwicky is so awesome, he tried to take out a Decepticon with a spanner.

Now you know where Ratchet got his SP1.
  • Options
    When I was younger, nothing was neat-or than good old Cheetor! (I still have that part of a line from a commercial about him stuck in my head to this day.)

And once I finally got around to reading the Windblade's comics she quickly tied him for my favorite bot!
  • Options
    mine favorite is barricade too.......i got him two times from the 4 star bot crystal and ranked him 5. his backfire ability just melts the opponent
  • Options
    I know i am late to this thread but i didn’t have time to write an essay. Bow that i have time, im gonna tell you what you want to know.

Favourite transformers
    1. Optimus Prime
    2. Soundwave
    3. Shockwave
    4. Megatron

My first encounter with transformers was when i was about 5 years old. I heard kids talking about giant robots who could turn into cars and i was instantly mind blown. What 5 year old kid wouldn’t think thats cool. I later went home and found out that we had a copy of the first michael bay movie which is surprising because my dad hates transformers and my mum doesn’t really care about it (this was probably a year before ROFT got released). My happy little mind was happily watching the movie and then the arival to earth scene came. The moment i heard peter cullens voice from Optimus Prime, i had a new favourite character. His voice felt warm, heroic, calming, caring and it was something I could never get over. I also refused to watch any TF series that didn’t have cullen voicing prime. After watching that movie i had a new favourite franchise.

I remember waiting a whole year to get the new leader class ROFT optimus prime(which i broke and got some crappy dotm one later)and starscream toy for Christmas. And yeah i only had the michael bay toys unfortunately. I wish i had the g1 toys and the g1 masterpiece toys as a kid. I remember getting a beast wars complete collection set and i was hooked on that show from the lore and characters.

I was about 10 when i played myfirst TF games and they were the 2007 movie game and war for cybertron (best TF game with foc coming second). I played the hell out of those games especially WFC. WFC is when i had my very first REAL experience with soundwave (dotm one didn’t exist. You got it) and most other G1 characters and i loved him. He was a awesome looking, badass decepticon with one of my favourite voices in the whole franchise. He immediately became my second favourite transformer after optimus prime.

Then that same year, i got an ipod touch for Christmas. This was important because this is where i got my first tastes in other tf media instead of bay. I watched all of s1 and most of s2 G1 cartoon and the 86 movie. I had a new favourite movie but was bummed that prime died. But i also had another favourite character and that was shockwave. This is also where (years later) where i would watch all of tfp and tfp beast hunters. A few years after that my tf faze died for a bit.

It died the last knight revived me. I was expecting to see a good movie with a lot of optimus screen time (yeah I wish, F*ck you bumblebee you overrated piece off ) and a decent story line (disappointed where AOE left off because the continuity was changed around and I didn’t like the idea of knights n sh**). What i saw was upright garbage. I was so disappointed in that movie. I then got into a bit of comics that year and a lot of tf content on youtube (got into the deep lore of TF which). And would search the web on history of characters, how strong they were, what they have done etc

When on youtube i saw was a youtuber called diamond bolt. He was a TF youtuber at the time I watched heaps of his videos and then i came a cross a video he done. It was a review on a game called ‘Transformers: Forged to Fight’ he talked so much smack about the game but i heard it the wrong way (im glad i did) and went to try out the game. I loved it and it is what brings me here.

Now here i am, almost 17 years old, competing in sports 6 days a week, last year of school, and still has the biggest love for transformers (sorry for the essay)
  • Options
    LynxLynx Posts: 1
    Grimlock
  • Options
    I'm a "good guy" fan so I love the Autobots, and I've always liked the "medic" characters so Ratchet has been one of my favorites for years.

And as @Jazz444 said, there's something to be said about the golden chords of Peter Cullen. I can't imagine anyone else ever taking on that role; it just wouldn't be the same.

You know you're a bad a** when, not only are you The Last Prime, Leader of the Autobots, but The Defender of the Universe chooses you to narrate his story!
  • Options
    JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    edited February 2019
    I finally have time.

My fav bot would be Jetfire just because of his... I don’t know. It seems like he can do anything in the episodes, and he has that accent to top it all off.
    I was very disappointed in the Bay form.

A very close second would be Shockwave. I WOULD explain why, but ScarredArachnid333 already covered him and more, so go check out his comment.
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Hi again!

Y'all, I've been gone the last two days and it's so amazing to come back and read all your posts!!! Gosh, we have some crazy hardcore fans here and I'm glad we're all out here chatting about it. :smiley:

I'm going to do my best to go through here and respond to things, but overall I just wanted to say how amazing it was to come back to this thread. This community is so cool, honestly. Thanks, y'all, for making it that way!
  • Options
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Grimlock is probably my favourite character. Not sure which version. Wasn't keen on the RiD version to begin with, but he grew on me

Grimlock deserves to be a favorite at least somewhere in everyone's hearts if we're being honest here.
  • Options
    DaveJL wrote: »
    Grimlock is probably my favourite character. Not sure which version. Wasn't keen on the RiD version to begin with, but he grew on me

Grimlock deserves to be a favorite at least somewhere in everyone's hearts if we're being honest here.

Yeah, gotta love me some Grimlock. So awesome, yet he could be a little adorable sometimes.
    rjillbwqcrg5.gif
  • Options
    Mine would be starscream i love the personalty they gave him and still continues to this day

He definitely has been pretty much consistent with his personality, hasn't he?
  • Options
    I don't have one favorite bot. I love all the Transformers. But I will say that Barricade has been one of my MVPs in fighting. His backfire is very helpful when fighting bots with armor buffs. They pretty much kill themselves.

High-five to a fellow Barricade fan!!
  • Options
    My all time favourite (in the game, the G1 cartoons or the later series) is Grimlock. As a kid I love dinosaurs and robots (as almost every kid in Earth :D ) I really like the way he talks (It's like cookie monster :D ) and he is big and powerful too. After the energon"bath" in the comics, he looks more badass. I really love him.

My other choice is G1 Skorponok with Lord Zarak. He is a cool looking bot. He has a bunch of cannons, guns and claws.. and.. Zarak has heart. He has one of the best moment in the War against Unicron when he attacked him with bare claws and in fight with Optimus against the minions :)

(Others who I like more than others: Thunderwing, Fortress Maximus, Kup and Blurr)

I love the way Grimlock talks!!! It's one of the big reasons I adore him honestly, lol.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Thanks for talking to us, @

My other choice is G1 Skorponok with Lord Zarak. He is a cool looking bot. He has a bunch of cannons, guns and claws.. and.. Zarak has heart. He has one of the best moment in the War against Unicron when he attacked him with bare claws and in fight with Optimus against the minions :)

I love the way Grimlock talks!!! It's one of the big reasons I adore him honestly, lol.

Me kitten say you kabam give us some info on tftf future
  • Options
    PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    edited February 2019
    @Kabam Vydious Off topic question but I'd like to know, who do you main in Smash? (assuming you play it) I main Pit, Dark Pit, Dedede, Palutena, and K Rool. Same thing with everyone else :)
  • Options
    ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited February 2019
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious Off topic question but I'd like to know, who do you main in Smash? (assuming you play it) I main Pit, Dark Pit, Dedede, Palutena, and K Rool. Same thing with everyone else :)

I like Browser, Mexican Batman, and King K. Thicc