Home Bugs and Known Issues
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

April 15th patch [Merged Threads]

Comments

• Options
    TfpsoundwaveTfpsoundwave Posts: 152
    God damn im losing in medium spotlights here. This lag is ridiculous, I cant go in AM, raids, arena, or missions at all. This sucks :(

I lost to Kickback in the Spotlight Mission. FREAKING KICKBACK! Every time I tried to backstep with Prowl, it would just Block for some reason.

Wait, what difficulty? it was hard for me to beat him, had to revive megatronous once

Expert. I feel ashamed.

its fine if ur lagging, its annoying as hell, and i rly want an update
  • Options
    Dropping back in here to let you know that I got an update from the team and that this is still being investigated further to see what can be done. I'm sorry again for the wait on this one, but know we are actively trying to get this sorted.
  • Options
    Same_ol_GSame_ol_G Posts: 104
    edited May 2019
    Cool thanks @Kabam Vydious
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    edited May 2019
    Dropping back in here to let you know that I got an update from the team and that this is still being investigated further to see what can be done. I'm sorry again for the wait on this one, but know we are actively trying to get this sorted.

Just FYI, we have some alliance members using the entire 15 item limit to get through AM each day, that's how bad it is.

Nothing short of full reimbursement of all items/energon/Sanctum shard crystals used this weekend for AM is going to be acceptable compensation.

And the reason I say that is because you can't just reimburse 60 items and not expect them to expire in player stashes. Energon reimbursement and reinstatement of AS crystals must be a consideration.

It's terrible for many players, even when they roll back to 8.0.0
  • Options
    m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Thanks for the comment, glad to know it's being taken seriously, but concerned to hear no root cause yet and still investigating...
  • Options
    GungnirGungnir Posts: 81
    I've rolled back now, just couldn't do anything on the latest version.
    I have noticed a few graphical glitches that I'd never seen before, nothing game breaking or during any fights though. Could be that the latest patch did fix quite a lot of little issues, so getting a fix out will take a bit more time.
  • Options
    Manthro wrote: »
    As usual, I need device type and OS so we can investigate this all properly. Apologies for not jumping on this one earlier, folks.

Motorola Z3 Play
    Android 9.0

Running in battery saver mode as always, since game overheats device without it turned on.

I think it's safe to say, every Android user is experiencing strange game behaviour after the latest patch. I haven't heard of a single player who downloaded the update from April 15th who doesn't have a problem at the moment.

Feels like the memory optimization has been undone and the game gets severely bogged down at high difficulty levels.

You won't notice much at medium levels, but fight bots 20k pi and up, and you'll experience performance issues, lag, choppiness, temporary freezing, etc.

Im on android and im not experiencing any issue.
  • Options
    Hbomb76Hbomb76 Posts: 101
    Well lucky you.

Its been over a week since I download the update & Im still having problems. How long does it take to release a patch to fix it?????
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited May 2019
    Ran a 'virtual machine' with resource limits for F2F, on a SD626 moto Z2 Play android 9.0.
    Limits:
    Max 1942Mb RAM, GPU <550MHz, Resolution 1280x720 for 8.0.1 (2nd May 2019 release).
    Played even better when set resolution was 960x540.

Guess what, all lag, freeze issues SOLVED.
    BUT long, looong loading times.
    All a patch needed to do was set GPU to low, monitor system r/w cache to internal, and limit RAM resource.

I SOLVED it.

By MYSELF.

It's an optimization issue.

Duh.
  • Options
    Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Have any of you on Samsung devices tried using Samsung Game Tuner app set to 50% resolution? It should help, as a temporary band-aid while Kabam sorts it out.
  • Options
    Have any of you on Samsung devices tried using Samsung Game Tuner app set to 50% resolution? It should help, as a temporary band-aid while Kabam sorts it out.

Don't have a Sammy phone with me at the moment (or past few months, TBH) but if the GameTuner app can artificially lower GPU usage, screen resolution and cache limits, it SHOULD work.

Also tried the above on an MT6755 SoC motorola moto m Android 7.0, same results.

Not 💯 regarding Exynos or Hisilicon SoCs.
  • Options
    ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    LSt.gif

We're working on a fix to have out hopefully soon for the performance issues since 8.0.1! Thank you so much for all your patience on this. Once things are set into motion I'll let you know as soon as I can.

Nice to hear, thanks!

• Options
    marlonc85marlonc85 Posts: 4
    I hope the solution is before the am ... Thank you very much @Kabam Vydious
  • Options
    Today! We're hoping to push this out today to help with performance. :) I'll keep you ALL updated, don't worry.
  • Options
    11218931121893 Posts: 144
    Today! We're hoping to push this out today to help with performance. :) I'll keep you ALL updated, don't worry.

Ty brother :smile:
  • Options
    TfpsoundwaveTfpsoundwave Posts: 152
    Any updates? Its been 11 hours since u said today. I dont want to bug you i want to make sure its released well but i just wanna know :)
  • Options
    Android users waiting for Kabam to release the update for the lagging etc

ul3jyozec4si.gif
  • Options
    Really sorry for the delay on this! We're doing our best to make sure it will go smoothly in fixing these performance issues. I know I said yesterday and that had been the hope but we are working as fast as we can. I will continue to keep everyone updated when I can.

Sorry again, folks. I know this has been frustrating.
  • Options
    that's easy. Turn off the game until it is playable for everyone ;)
  • Options
    I'm not saying we need a "compensation" thing for this frustrating delay but I wouldn't object to a 4* Thundercracker or 5* Sharkticon. 🤣
  • Options
    Problem is, however, that everyone gets compensation. But some can not progress for weeks now. If everyone gets compensation, it's probably no compensation haha
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    I'm not saying we need a "compensation" thing for this frustrating delay but I wouldn't object to a 4* Thundercracker or 5* Sharkticon. 🤣

A few days, a week, maybe 10 days would've been acceptable.
    But nearly 4 AM's, 3+ WEEKS of raids, spotlights, missions, etc. worth of resources, Energon, et al have been sacrificed.
    The FB fan page, Play and iTunes comment boards, Reddit, have turned into a literal hate mob.

Not everyone knows (or should, TBH) how to roll back apps. In fact, the previous stable version should've been auto downloaded as a stop gap.

I can imagine how the top alliances and players feel.
    Heck, i feel for players of ALL levels.
    A revive maybe peanuts for some, but it's hard earned grinding/spending for noobs.

Nearly one month.
  • Options
    Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    edited May 2019
    I've lost around 400 medals because I can't Raid back, and I'll have to wait another month for the Knight Crystals to make it to the Raid Store. God, I hope this update works.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I've lost around 400 medals because I can't Raid back, and I'll have to wait another month for the Knight Crystals to make it to the Raid Store. God, I hope this update works.

Knight crystals come twice a month.
  • Options
    Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853

Knight crystals come twice a month.

Ah. Well, that makes my day a lot better.
  • Options
    Even though I'm quite used to bad performance in AM or spotlight (basically where you have big bots and mods), it's new to me that the performance is so bad in arena and raid too (lag, micro freeze during combo, input loss)

OnePlus 6, android 9
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Transformers lagging to fight.

This has to be sorted out like from yesterday etc. AM is a joke.
    Even on hard spotlight playing auto you can see the lagging and slowing down of the bots movement. I haven't even tried Arena or Raids. At the moment this game sucks big time.