Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Post update heavies and specials issues [Hotfix Coming Today!]

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Slayer wrote: »
    Happens every time with OGP's last medium hit( kick)

Yeah, that’s where I usually see it. Just happened to catch it with Ramjet.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Jetfire has always been able to shoot then shield. I don't actually have him so I had to confirm it with the team, but Jetfire's quick shield action isn't new.

It looks like his shield goes up while his ranged animation is still going. Or is his cooldown after shooting range just really short?
  • Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Slayer wrote: »
    Happens every time with OGP's last medium hit( kick)

Yeah, that’s where I usually see it. Just happened to catch it with Ramjet.

I've been seeing it with Grimlock too.
  • Options
    SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    JKL wrote: »
    6znftecgscq1.gif

Happened again. I can adjust what I do but this still isn't right.

Jetfire has always been able to shoot then shield. I don't actually have him so I had to confirm it with the team, but Jetfire's quick shield action isn't new.

Impressive.
  • Options
    asparagusasparagus Posts: 184
    edited April 2020
    One thing wierd about the vid jkl posted is that jetfire's basic attack at that close of range should be a melee attack, not a ranged. That seems like a bug itself. As for ai having the ability to reflect the heavy, it may be so that it always was able to do this, but it is something new that jkl noticed, and it started happening after the hotfix patch. Maybe it's a byproduct of the patch. Idk. It's not something I've seen on my device.

Idk. People are still reporting issues with ai. It seems people on different devices have different issues, same as it's always been. Fwiw, I've seen an improvement on my end, i.e...heavies are connecting more often and ai isn't blocking specials after combos.
  • Options
    m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    The day after I updated to the new version, I ran about half of RoK and got loads of specials blocked following combos same as before the update.

However I did not see that issue again through AM last week, and just ran through another path of LoC3 today and no blocked specials through those loooong fights.

There are certainly other bugs (like the sidestep counter not working, or the air punch / whiff, etc) but the thing that was most game breaking for me at least seems gone for now.
  • Options
    FirebotFirebot Posts: 525
    Oh, you ever connect with a range, but the AI hits you with a melee? Here’s Ramjet doing it. Looks how he jumps right after getting hit (the last two were frame by frame).

c19ebn3tdviq.jpeg

Forgot to include this in the stitch. The hit animation from the ranged it way back there.

xmcl8zxv7wq2.jpeg

bro, it CLEARLY says 'RESIST RANGED', so I Don't think its a Bug issue.
  • Options

Some of the actions you guys are describing are normal and were how the game worked since the start.

so all is well, we tell you that there are problems, you answer us, no, that's how it has always been:
    - bots are warning at supersonic speed
    - any one is able to dodge all the hits of a combo
    - we spend our time now chasing bots that dodge everything (you thought you were playing a fighting game? this is no longer the case)
    - systematically, the bots trigger their sp on your attacks, therefore impossible to dodge or protect themselves.
    it is probably not a feeling of cheating, no, it obviously reinforces the pleasure obtained. no ?

ok, so we don't need to listen to our players.
    The game is like that, if you don't like it, you can quit it ... like many.
    this is not a problem
    (sorry, that's the feeling we have)

( Excuse My English)
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Firebot wrote: »

Uhm, do you kn... eh, never mind. I don’t want to explain it.

I have to jump in here. Resist Range just means the enemy won’t take damage with a ranged attack. It doesn’t mean the bot can ignore the hit and move right through it. @Firebot
  • Options
    SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »

I have to jump in here. Resist Range just means the enemy won’t take damage with a ranged attack. It doesn’t mean the bot can ignore the hit and move right through it. @Firebot

Yes, that is correct.
  • Options
    GrooGroo Posts: 163
    Alright guys, we're still seeing some reports here, but there's also a lot of "reports" without any details or supporting factors here.

The Bug fix put the AI back to what it was before. The actual bug was a General Game Bug with how the game understood some data values. This was causing a certain part of the AI to react instantly rather than wait a plausible amount of time, typically causing the AI to dodge specials and heavies.

This means that the Bug was not with the AI, and our metrics line up with where they used to be. If there are more issues, please try and capture Videos like others here have (I know it's not possible for everybody, but we're going to need some videos) because everything else looks like it did before the bug was introduced.

For instance, the Air Punch is not related, and should not be in this thread. So, let's start a new one for that.

Some of the actions you guys are describing are normal and were how the game worked since the start.

qh1swz4uy2qw.jpeg
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Oh, you ever connect with a range, but the AI hits you with a melee? Here’s Ramjet doing it. Looks how he jumps right after getting hit (the last two were frame by frame).

c19ebn3tdviq.jpeg

Forgot to include this in the stitch. The hit animation from the ranged it way back there.

xmcl8zxv7wq2.jpeg

Roflmao. It’s Resist Ranged not Absorb Projectile
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    SilverZA wrote: »

Yes, that is correct.

OOPS.
    SORRY! @Darm0k , Understood @JIMMY_SAB & Thanks for confirming @SilverZA
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Gunz0 wrote: »

c19ebn3tdviq.jpeg

xmcl8zxv7wq2.jpeg

Roflmao. It’s Resist Ranged not Absorb Projectile

That could be a thing.
    But yeah...

I got it, hit registers but damage doesn't count
    Thanks
  • Options
    MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135
    i've noticed a few occurrences lately, kinda paid it off cos it was pretty rare and i might've been tired and my timing was probably off. but today it happened THREE times

also, ai has been dodging my melee heavies a lot today as well, but then again this could've been because i was clearing story 4.5 and the ai is top notch
  • Options
    11218931121893 Posts: 144
    MystaJay wrote: »
    i've noticed a few occurrences lately, kinda paid it off cos it was pretty rare and i might've been tired and my timing was probably off. but today it happened THREE times

also, ai has been dodging my melee heavies a lot today as well, but then again this could've been because i was clearing story 4.5 and the ai is top notch

Sp bug it's still there
    But the chance to miss an sp after combo is 1/10
  • Options
    CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    Yesterday an opponent blocked Dinobot's SP1 after a full combo. But it's a rare occurrence compared to before the fix. Overall, I'm happy with the change.