Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Post update heavies and specials issues [Hotfix Coming Today!]

Comments

• Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Don't know if it was me that was too slow to activate or if it's still the bug but AM shock block Jetfire blocked the first part of my Prowl's SP2 after a combo. Luckily the second part connected and finished him.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Here you go @Red_Eyes — hard to be 100% sure but it appears to me that JF gets his arm moving upward just as the heavy is past the halfway point. His arm def up went up before contact. That said, I believe this only confirms the bug. The fact that he could recover from that last melee is still a tad off. JF is odd with that parry though. Had he just side stepped, it would be harder to judge as that is more “normal” in my experiences.

ui76wolyz7up.gif
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    edited April 2020
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    JKL wrote: »
    So was it either:

1. I was too slow on my heavy
    2. The AI was still fast reacting and able to get a range and parry off after I combo/heavy

5pdt0365m1ic.gif

I'd love to be able to see this slowed down to see if the heavy projectile contacted Jetfire before he got his arms up.

b7s0y2mtd9se.gif

He got his arms up, he's that quick. I was not 😂
  • Options
    11218931121893 Posts: 144
    This bug is still there
    Rhinox blocked my first hit of sp 1 after a combo
  • Options
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Here you go @Red_Eyes — hard to be 100% sure but it appears to me that JF gets his arm moving upward just as the heavy is past the halfway point. His arm def up went up before contact. That said, I believe this only confirms the bug. The fact that he could recover from that last melee is still a tad off. JF is odd with that parry though. Had he just side stepped, it would be harder to judge as that is more “normal” in my experiences.

ui76wolyz7up.gif

Thanks, I think I tend to agree with your assessment.
  • Options
    NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    What I’ve noticed so far, sp1 & sp2 are connecting after any type of combo which a good thing. There’s still an issue with heavy attacks though specially when the AI has a power of bar or two, heavy is being missed & AI triggers their specials directly after when your bot being frozen & you can’t react at all.
  • Options
    m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    IDK...got loads of blocked specials after 5-hit combos in an RoK test run...
  • Options
    BeerguzzlerBeerguzzler Posts: 104
    Pathetic fix. The major problems still exist. Moreso, this should have been addressed weeks ago. Shame on you Kabam.
  • Options
    MystaJayMystaJay Posts: 135

ui76wolyz7up.gif

I always thought a heavy following a combo is not always guaranteed a hit, but I'm seeing 2 issues here:
    1) jetfire initiating a basic range immediately after a combo so if you initiate a melee heavy you would be hit instead
    2) he switched from basic range to a block in ungodly speed
  • Options
    MystaJay wrote: »

ui76wolyz7up.gif

I always thought a heavy following a combo is not always guaranteed a hit, but I'm seeing 2 issues here:
    1) jetfire initiating a basic range immediately after a combo so if you initiate a melee heavy you would be hit instead

Heavy after a combo is not guaranteed like you said. I've fought JF in AMs countless times (including the previous map). This was the first time something like that has ever happened. Typically, he can do 1 of 3 things:

- fire off the range but eats the heavy
    - sidestep the heavy
    - put up his block but it's not a well timed block and will eat the heavy
  • Options
    LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    I'm noticing that most of us are now able to connect specials right after a combo however some of the AI issues mentioned above still remains the same. @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious could you please jump in and answer or probably share your thoughts on the left out issues?

Also in the IOS and Android update it mentions the following

moqrpwmpccee.jpg

No where does it say that the AI issue was fixed with this update. Now is this again something that you guys expected to be fixed with the update or does the AI issue remains as it is and to compensate the AI has been tweaked down until the issue is resolved?

Usually a major bug like this is specifically pointed out by the devs when they go live with an update. Thus my question above.
  • Options
    IMO, Kabam gets a pass on the update notes. If you look at all the Version history in iOS for example, you can see that with each revision (3rd digit in version number) the notes don’t change most of the time at least. See 8.2 & 8.2.1 which make mention of bot fixes in the initial 8.2 notes but no more changes to text with each revision even tho bot changes did come in 8.2.2 — not consistent for sure though.

Also, I would consider a “hotfix” to be unplanned and not something you want to document in version notes as it may require more coding changes.

• Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited April 2020
    IMO, Kabam gets a pass on the update notes. If you look at all the Version history in iOS for example, you can see that with each revision (3rd digit in version number) the notes don’t change most of the time at least. See 8.2 & 8.2.1 which make mention of bot fixes in the initial 8.2 notes but no more changes to text with each revision even tho bot changes did come in 8.2.2 — not consistent for sure though.

Also, I would consider a “hotfix” to be unplanned and not something you want to document in version notes as it may require more coding changes.

definitely a hotfix ..or hotsomething :D
  • Options
    MystaJay wrote: »

ui76wolyz7up.gif

Agreed.
  • Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    edited April 2020
    So was it either:

1. I was too slow on my heavy
    2. The AI was still fast reacting and able to get a range and parry off after I combo/heavy

5pdt0365m1ic.gif

I can’t comment about the range after the parry, but Jetfire actually shot off a range a split second before that parry. That’s too fast of a reaction.
  • Options
    So far, for me at least, the specials have been connecting. *knock on wood*

However, that air punch thing has been occurring a lot more. Haven’t combed through today’s videos to edit this happening yet, but it’s been crazy.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    edited April 2020
    Wow. New bug today. Someone on Line just had their Prowl damage by Starscream’s Shock during his SP3
  • Options
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Wow. New bug today. Someone on Line just had their Prowl damage by Starscream’s Shock during his SP3

It's not a new bug, happens sometimes when you hit SP3 and the enemy has already fired off an attack. The attack still registers even though it doesn't actually hit you before you launch your SP3. Needs a fix but definitely not new.
  • Options

As @JKL said, this isn’t new. However, will include here for reference to @Gunz0 comment.

fac9d9gkmhb9.gif
  • Options
    Thanks for all the updates on this, gang. Took me a little bit to read through everything, but I'll let the team know that we're still seeing problems.

Apologies for the delay in a response.
  • Options

As @JKL said, this isn’t new. However, will include here for reference to @Gunz0 comment.

fac9d9gkmhb9.gif

Just want to point out that in the gif above you see the combo meter go up by one (21 to 22) upon Prowl landing the initial punch in the SP3 animation. This really gets at the flaw in coding. How is the game reconciling that it took away health (a huge chunk of it I might add) and yet it didn’t register the hit?
  • Options
    SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    Thanks for all the updates on this, gang. Took me a little bit to read through everything, but I'll let the team know that we're still seeing problems.

It is great you guys are working, but i have issues in Raids especially with the Nightbird's Mark. It LITERALLY evades all my attacks and specials. I know that Nightbird's Mark allows the defender to evade, but it is a bit too quick and frequent.
    (I hope Google translated this right).
  • Options
    6znftecgscq1.gif

Happened again. I can adjust what I do but this still isn't right.
  • Options
    SilverZASilverZA Posts: 363
    6znftecgscq1.gif

I have a 4-star Jetfire, and he doesn't usually block after using his rifle that quickly. Definitely an AI problem.
  • Options
    Darm0k wrote: »
    However, that air punch thing has been occurring a lot more. Haven’t combed through today’s videos to edit this happening yet, but it’s been crazy.

Hah, was too lazy to go back through yesterday’s videos. So here’s an air punch from an arena fight today.

f08sbum4xevj.gif
  • Options
    Oh, you ever connect with a range, but the AI hits you with a melee? Here’s Ramjet doing it. Looks how he jumps right after getting hit (the last two were frame by frame).

c19ebn3tdviq.jpeg

Forgot to include this in the stitch. The hit animation from the ranged it way back there.

xmcl8zxv7wq2.jpeg
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    SilverZA wrote: »

It is great you guys are working, but i have issues in Raids especially with the Nightbird's Mark. It LITERALLY evades all my attacks and specials. I know that Nightbird's Mark allows the defender to evade, but it is a bit too quick and frequent.
    (I hope Google translated this right).

Someone had asked for clarification on this mod a long time ago. According to the description there's supposedly a 4% chance for them to evade, I maintain there's something off. In a fight where it might only take 20 hits to KO I'll have bots evade multiple times, not every single fight but more often than not. Sometimes I don't even get 3 or 4 basic ranged Bleeds with Rhinox in a single fight and there's what a 30% chance with those?
  • Options
    6znftecgscq1.gif

Jetfire has always been able to shoot then shield. I don't actually have him so I had to confirm it with the team, but Jetfire's quick shield action isn't new.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Oh, you ever connect with a range, but the AI hits you with a melee? Here’s Ramjet doing it. Looks how he jumps right after getting hit (the last two were frame by frame).

c19ebn3tdviq.jpeg

Forgot to include this in the stitch. The hit animation from the ranged it way back there.

xmcl8zxv7wq2.jpeg

Happens every time with OGP's last medium hit( kick)
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    6znftecgscq1.gif

Jetfire has always been able to shoot then shield. I don't actually have him so I had to confirm it with the team, but Jetfire's quick shield action isn't new.

@Kabam Vydious are you just clarifying about his quick shield but you see the issue? or are you responding that there's no issue because he's suppose to have a quick shield?...because there is an issue in that sequence.

There's actually a lot of bugs mentioned in this thread..what I'm going to call AI rule breaks because all these breaks may be a result of various bugs. We're not entirely sure the dev team is aware of each rule break. This "patch" seem to only to focus on SP in a heavy combo breaks..though it didn't really fix it.

For me, Bludegon constantly throws his SP1 in your heavy combo and this was before the 8.4 update.