Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Rebalance: Who's on the List?

Comments

• Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Let's GOOOOOOOO!!!! KickBack FTW my peeps! Who knows how I feel?

I think they're nerfing kickback...I hope they don't...he's my favorite scout in the game

No they said he was one of the people getting buffed. Only Megatronus is a t risk of getting nerfed. You actually need to read @Bntyhntr3232_ and not just troll people annoyingly.

When did they say that megatronus is the Only one getting nerfed?

And they nerfed kickback the day after he came out I wouldn't be surprised if he was nerfed again...but I really hope they buff him

Reread the OP

I'm almost a billion percent certain @Bntyhntr3232_ always skips over the original post and goes straight to the comments when viewing any discussion.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    And likes entertaining himself
    0q4fuum111jq.gif
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    I say add ratchet to the list, specifically for his Sig.
    I'd like it if he had a damage reduction shield or something after the 1st hit and it reduces the damage taken by special attacks for like...6 or 8 seconds by 20-90%, meanwhile he heals it off the damage and it feels like you'll actually survive the otherwise devastating blow
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    It's great everyone has suggestions for what I can only assume are the bots they use the most and/or their favorite bots. Keep in mind the other side of things when you're suggesting a buff. Think about fighting them too in AMs or higher difficulty spotlights. How would it change the way you fight them? Does it make them too strong? Some of the bots people have suggested don't actually need a buff but I can understand you would want your favorite one to get better.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Grimlock could definitely use a reduction in his purifying time. Maybe cut it in half (or instant).
    JKL wrote: »
    It's great everyone has suggestions for what I can only assume are the bots they use the most and/or their favorite bots. Keep in mind the other side of things when you're suggesting a buff. Think about fighting them too in AMs or higher difficulty spotlights. How would it change the way you fight them? Does it make them too strong? Some of the bots people have suggested don't actually need a buff but I can understand you would want your favorite one to get better.

For me it's mainly becuase I bought the 5* ratchet, not even awakened and I forged my rank 5 Sig 60 version into him... So yeah, wouldn't mind having his Sig get upgraded
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088

I think they're nerfing kickback...I hope they don't...he's my favorite scout in the game

No they said he was one of the people getting buffed. Only Megatronus is a t risk of getting nerfed. You actually need to read @Bntyhntr3232_ and not just troll people annoyingly.

And they nerfed kickback the day after he came out I wouldn't be surprised if he was nerfed again...but I really hope they buff him

Reread the OP

I'm almost a billion percent certain @Bntyhntr3232_ always skips over the original post and goes straight to the comments when viewing any discussion.

@Bi1b0Baggins I actually read the whole thing and they never said anything about megatronus is the only one getting a nerf...

However they did say that he is getting a nerf and they also said that the list is not final furthermore they never explained who's getting a nerf or a buff (Not counting Megatronus)

Why am I so hated for asking questions and stating opinions? Is everyone really looking to hate on someone? Or am I genuinely doing something wrong that I don't know about?

Reread the OP

@Bi1b0Baggins I actually read the whole thing and they never said anything about megatronus is the only one getting a nerf...

However they did say that he is getting a nerf and they also said that the list is not final furthermore they never explained who's getting a nerf or a buff (Not counting Megatronus)

Why am I so hated for asking questions and stating opinions? Is everyone really looking to hate on someone? Or am I genuinely doing something wrong that I don't know about?

Hey there! I actually did mention that Megatronus is the only one we're looking at giving a small nerf to. It was in a reply, so it may have been easy to miss: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/comment/73255/#Comment_73255

Right...I missed that @Bi1b0Baggins that means I read the post but not the comments XD
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    I guess you get a pass for that...
    I guess you get a pass for that...

Lol I probably shouldn't...it's still me not paying attention
  • Down_UnderDown_Under Posts: 149
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »

For me it's mainly becuase I bought the 5* ratchet, not even awakened and I forged my rank 5 Sig 60 version into him... So yeah, wouldn't mind having his Sig get upgraded

Ask for Ratchet to be un nerfed, from over a year ago
    What was he like then @Down_Under?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Repair at any health.
  • MutantdocMutantdoc Posts: 470
    Ratchet used to be the AM king. He had power gain and healing right off the bat, not only at 50% health like it is now. He still hit like a wimp, but the power gain allowed you to gain a sp3 quickly and do some damage. Now the problem is that although you can survive if you play well, one combo or special will kill you especially if you play AM above level 60. That and fights take forever.
    I would hope they would give him shields like Mirage or Rhinox to help mitigate that instant death. But these are just empty dreams lol.
    R4 5* Ratchet still walks in a park above d60.
  • MirageMirage Posts: 33
    Please make Mirage and Sideswipe quicker, like when Prowl/Tact Bee/ Scout Bee dash back and can counter attack quickly(quick responsive).
    Make both bots more damage output without needing much buff/synergy or other many factors.
    You know, they both low damage only for the opponent to reach sp3 faster.
    They can be used by expert but how many expert have them their top bots?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Self-diagnosis can be active 24/7 if you keep spamming his heavies but it reduces your attack rating, which sucks. Good thing they removed that attack penalty
    SP2 hits super hard just like every other SP2
  • Loving the sounds of this!

I have Galvatron and Starscream in my top team, and Sideswipe is one of my all-time faves!

Sideswipe is a really underappreciated bot. His main problem is he's just a bit too vanilla. Other scouts offer more to pretty much every situation than he does. I hope he gets a damage buff, because he certainly doesn't seem to hit like someone whose 'fists can be used as piledrivers' from the G1 canon. Being the hardest hitting scout would give him a bit of a niche.

Starscream is awesome. Another underrated bot. He's just a little too flimsy to be truely great. If he got a defence boost or even a bit more evade, that would give him the boost he needs. And I don't know if this is possible for an individual bot, but I think he could have the range at which he triggers melee instead of range shortened. Loads of times I attack an on-rushing enemy wanting to get off a shot with his null-ray, only to throw an ineffective punch instead. It fits with his cowardice-as-a-strategy m.o. that he would try to us his guns as much as possible.

Galvatron - after his first rebalancing he went from being awful to amazing, and if it weren't for Megatronus I would still say that. But next to 'Tronus's 100% dark burn, Galv's dark burns requiring him to charge up and then still being so hit-and-miss seems somewhat under-powered for someone who shouldn't be that far behind. A slight tweak so his dark charges don't drop away or to give him immunity from a ranged attack or 2 like Shockwave would again make him top level.

Keep up the good work Kabam! Can't wait for Rodimus!!! 😀
    Agree with @NorthernLightRC agree 💯 with your Starscream, but primarily GALVATRON.
    His dark burns are something i don't depend on, as it's erratic to the point of him being inferior to IH at the ranged game.

I've an idea about G1 Megs, too.
    Energon shield with his block, ala canon, if his health is below 50%.
  • I’d love to see sideswipe get a buff.maybe if he reduced max power of opponent by 1% for every critical hit or something, while keeping his crit rate buffs until he gets hit. Could even be his sig that goes up to 3% at sig 100 or something, that would keep him relevant and an interesting hybrid of jazz (not getting hit) and kickback (power drain, except SS’s could be an instant drain, instead of over time). This would give him a boost.

Ooooh, armour piercing on crits. That would be nice too
  • Yeah! Armour piercing or even chance for armour breaks for Swipe! That would fit, give him a niche, and be really cool!
    Yeah! Armour piercing or even chance for armour breaks for Swipe! That would fit, give him a niche, and be really cool!

But then @manthro would get in a great big kerfuffle.
    How dare they make Sideswipe GOOD.
    In all seriousness though, Sideswipe, Soundwave, Grindor, Bonecrusher and perhaps Dinobot are bots of a bygone era.
    As a noob they were great to use (and terrifying to face), but they've been found out.
    Sideswipe, however, is still surprisingly good versus Rhinox, Kickback, Cyclonus, Ramjet, Mixmaster, G1 Megatron...as his damage + SP2 is pretty formidable.
    But yes, perhaps a tweak for the noob-friendly bots.

Reread the OP

@Bntyhntr3232_ i don't think you're hated.
    It's just that you tend to post ANSWERED questions, sometimes multiple times in the SAME thread, which lends the air of not giving a darn about other people's opinions or comments, and only yours.

Which is why a ton of punters think you're SPAMMING and flag you accordingly.

It's not malicious.

Look before you leap, buddy
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    BlackRazak wrote: »

Reread the OP

It's just that you tend to post ANSWERED questions, sometimes multiple times in the SAME thread, which lends the air of not giving a darn about other people's opinions or comments, and only yours.

It's not malicious.

just to add to this, most of the other posts are not contructive and are spam or trolling, with lots of stupid smiley faces.
  • RaidsRaids Posts: 8
    edited March 2019
    Long time reader, first time poster.

Grindor is in line for a rebalance but does anyone have any thoughts on the rest of the cinematic Decepticons - Megatron, Barricade and Bonecrusher? With the exception of perhaps Bonecrusher, does anyone actively use any of these bots for anything other than base defence given the quality of other bots in each class? There’s arguably at least 2 bots in each of those classes that currently seem preferable for many players.
    Raids wrote: »

Grindor is in line for a rebalance but does anyone have any thoughts on the rest of the cinematic Decepticons - Megatron, Barricade and Bonecrusher? With the exception of perhaps Bonecrusher, does anyone actively use any of these bots for anything other than base defence given the quality of other bots in each class? There’s arguably at least 2 bots in each of those classes that currently seem preferable for many players.

Many bring Demotron Grindor and Barricade to high level AM. Or so I've heard of.
    edited March 2019
    Raids wrote: »

@Raids i actually depend on 4* R5 MV Megatron for AM 3.3+, along with R5 Barricade/R2 5* Grindor & R5 G1 Megs.
    Great for the R Lane in section 1, and L Lane in section 3.
    And the reverse if using Grindor.
    G1 Megs for Primal.
    DaveJL wrote: »

Reread the OP

It's not malicious.

just to add to this, most of the other posts are not contructive and are spam or trolling, with lots of stupid smiley faces.

Community, when chipping in:
    y75lkqxr9hde.gif
    Slow down
  • ManthroManthro Posts: 2,752
    Yeah! Armour piercing or even chance for armour breaks for Swipe! That would fit, give him a niche, and be really cool!

But then @manthro would get in a great big kerfuffle.
    How dare they make Sideswipe GOOD.
    In all seriousness though, Sideswipe, Soundwave, Grindor, Bonecrusher and perhaps Dinobot are bots of a bygone era.
    As a noob they were great to use (and terrifying to face), but they've been found out.
    Sideswipe, however, is still surprisingly good versus Rhinox, Kickback, Cyclonus, Ramjet, Mixmaster, G1 Megatron...as his damage + SP2 is pretty formidable.
    But yes, perhaps a tweak for the noob-friendly bots.

I truly don't understand how players still think dinobot isn't good. It's like there's a preconception about him, so it prevents players from using him, making kabam think he needs a rework.

He has the most synergies in the game, all of which are game changers. (Swordmaster, shieldmasters, beast ancestor, beast purification, and maybe weapon master? Can't remember)

His basic attack pierces armour, so you don't even really need to go for armour break, except against primal.

His block breaks armour

Has built in block breaking

Returns damage on blocks

His block proficiency allows you to take Zero damage if well timed, even on special attacks.

Yeah, his S2 is lacklustre, and his S3 heal isn't the greatest, but the damage he deals on regular attacks is great.

I think the only reason players shun him is because of the skillsets and synergies of OGM and OGP.

But if dinobot is your tact option, he's a reliable, consistent damage dealer, and is a good choice.