Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Spotlight Mission: Till All Are Gone.

Comments

• JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Technobot wrote: »
    Whoever set up the hardest paths in Expert Mode is sadistic. Thank God I ran into Reflected Range early on in 2.1, but geezus!

Anybody got a bead on what to expect the rest of the way on the Hardest Paths for Expert/Master? Seems like Kabam is trying to drain my Energon faster than you can say, “By The Matrix!”

This might be helpful. My notes from Master.

Master Spotlight (July 2019)

Ch 2.1 (Jetfire as boss)
    - hard path mod: reflect ranged
    - JF was no joke between his parry and reflect mod. Highly recommend someone with strong DOT as you won’t be able to land a high volume of hits

Ch 2.2 (TC as boss)
    - Hard path mod: Power Flow
    - mini boss is S-1000 who replicates buffs

Ch 3.1 (MV1 as boss)
    - Hard path mod: Power Charge (8 hits like Cyclonus in AM)
    - Grimlock is the first bot (matters if you rely heavily on DOT)

Ch 3.2 (Nemesis as boss)
    - Hard path mod: Power Start (1 bar)
    - 2 Sharks (Brawler and Warrior). The armor on the Brawler shark is crazy strong
    - Mini boss is Shocky (Increased Ranged Damage mod)
    - Nemesis Heal mod will bring him back to above 70% so be ready for that

• Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    Sounds like Cheetor could be worth bringing to Nemesis with his repair block on sp1 or Shockwave.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Sounds like Cheetor could be worth bringing to Nemesis with his repair block on sp1 or Shockwave.

I was actually thinking that as well but instead accidentally found a solution that suits me.
    Basically 5* rank 4 mv Megatron's special 3 with Nemesis' health at around 25%, he didn't get a chance.
    I'm regards to the path with the mod with it however, guess I'll just power through with cheetor if possible
  • kranderskranders Posts: 479
    Manthro wrote: »
    Kitten wrote: »
    I'm super disappointed. The PI has been upped, lazy decision you could have just made a new difficulty if you want things to be harder. And fun and interactive power flow mod makes it impossible to play.

There are a plethora of ways to deal with power flow mod, don't be such a puss.

Powerlock options:

Rhinox
    JF
    Barricade/Grindor synergy

Power burn options:

Prowl
    KB
    Shockwave
    Mirage

Etc.

Oddball options

Scorponok
    Megatronus

....You know what... Not wasting my time spelling it out for you. If you can't figure it out, meh.

It’s Just like reflect and absorb. They are still the lazy way to make things more difficult. Personally I still don’t need any items to complete and Nemesis was easy but still this “new” spotlight is just as lazy as ever.
  • TechnobotTechnobot Posts: 661
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Whoever set up the hardest paths in Expert Mode is sadistic. Thank God I ran into Reflected Range early on in 2.1, but geezus!

Anybody got a bead on what to expect the rest of the way on the Hardest Paths for Expert/Master? Seems like Kabam is trying to drain my Energon faster than you can say, “By The Matrix!”

This might be helpful. My notes from Master.

Master Spotlight (July 2019)

Ch 2.1 (Jetfire as boss)
    - hard path mod: reflect ranged
    - JF was no joke between his parry and reflect mod. Highly recommend someone with strong DOT as you won’t be able to land a high volume of hits

Appreciate the insight, especially on 2.1. The irony? I faced JF already 3 times in Expert & the bot I’ve used to KO or nearly KO him each time was Megatronus! You have to move quickly once you launch your heavy ranged, but if you can find that moment after he launches an attack that he is vulnerable, you can hurt him. The Fallen’s SP1 is very effective in this situation. Now I would not recommend this option, & you’re right... Bonecrusher would be a better situational bot. In fact, I had a full health BC each time ready to finish off Jetfire. Didn’t need him, though.
  • DiacloneDiaclone Posts: 29
    edited July 2019
    At first I though I was not going to like the new arenas, but the addition of regular class clash battles to earn class specific ore definitely made the grind easier. I felt like I was Playing for something extra.
    And the T4 was so welcome. So thanks for that.
    I definitely don’t mind Nemesis Prime either. His abilities are cool.
    He’s a nice addition to the roster once he’s released. Thanks again.

However, a week of work does not make up for months of neglect.
    If there has been no neglect, shed some light on it.
    There’s no reason for some of the clandestine responses we’ve seen.
    National security is not at risk here.

Granted I won’t pretend I know what’s involved in creating content, but when you have a bunch of fans literally screaming their heads off for something new & exciting & the best you can offer is vague hopes & the occasional place holder, it’s just bad business.
    I want to have faith in the future of this game.
    I want to spend money. $$$
    I want to believe you’re all working hard at Kabam to not only keep this game alive, but thriving.
    I don’t feel that right now.
    We’re literally your customers.

Do us all favor & get busy living or get busy dying.
  • LouCypherLouCypher Posts: 111
    Psssst.. Gerald could’ve done it in a single day :D
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    LouCypher wrote: »
    Psssst.. Gerald could’ve done it in a single day :D

They killed him because they were afraid of his power
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited July 2019
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    GeneralZ9 wrote: »
    No event to get Nemisis Prime? I don’t want to just fight him...I wanted to get him...is there another event coming for his release?

I really hope the event aint a stupid arena event. Arena sucks for me

As do I, I hate Arena fights. Also, even though Nemesis is a Reskin, you've gotta admit the Abilities he has are really Good.

If it's not the same as thunderboi's release then I'm gonna throw a Tantrum
    8hxdgizty41q.jpg
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    GeneralZ9 wrote: »
    No event to get Nemisis Prime? I don’t want to just fight him...I wanted to get him...is there another event coming for his release?

I really hope the event aint a stupid arena event. Arena sucks for me

As do I, I hate Arena fights. Also, even though Nemesis is a Reskin, you've gotta admit the Abilities he has are really Good.

If it's not the same as thunderboi's release then I'm gonna throw a Tantrum
    8hxdgizty41q.jpg

Yes exactly that!
  • Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    u1hibr0mpmm6.png
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    willdorf wrote: »

Nice 👍 but not everyone has a Megatronus 5* that strong lol 😆
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Jazz444 wrote: »
    willdorf wrote: »

Nice 👍 but not everyone has a Megatronus 5* that strong lol 😆

Ypu don't need one as he took just about no damage
  • WeareskfkWeareskfk Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    Already explored med one.

So far, I’ve been able to beat Nemesis Prime 3 times in Expert, only using Energon to give me an attack boost on the two hardest paths. Personally, I think the last-ditch Health Path was harder than the Power Bar Health Path. But Nemesis Prime? Sheesh!! Imagine Last-Ditch Health AND Life Steal triggering at the same time (happened to me twice... worse than ROTF Megs triggering his sig with a Tech Console). Thankfully, Tronus, BC, & Barricade have so far been able to take down this Dark Prime. Thank you, JIMMY_SAB, for the tips.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Super challenging, in my opinion harder than any other spotlights I've faced.. please never bring out the power flow +150% mod ever again lmao. That thing was a nightmare on ratchet.

Nemesis Prime was a fun but "long" fight. Didn't take me long though since my galvatron is decked out.

3.1 was very difficult, not a fan of 1 shot kill bosses but I beat the 2 hardest paths, both were just as hard but damn I do not like power conductor lol, gotta be very patient there.

Main thing though is I think Kabam should decrease the rating in master to how it used to be and just create a completely new difficulty with 5☆ bot crystals and T4C.
    Kitten wrote: »
    Super challenging, in my opinion harder than any other spotlights I've faced.. please never bring out the power flow +150% mod ever again lmao. That thing was a nightmare on ratchet.

Nemesis Prime was a fun but "long" fight. Didn't take me long though since my galvatron is decked out.

3.1 was very difficult, not a fan of 1 shot kill bosses but I beat the 2 hardest paths, both were just as hard but damn I do not like power conductor lol, gotta be very patient there.

Main thing though is I think Kabam should decrease the rating in master to how it used to be and just create a completely new difficulty with 5☆ bot crystals and T4C.

Just want to extend on my last note, you really have to think of all of the player groups. The in the middle players like myself need a challenge but not an indestructible wall. The top players need even more of a challenge because they have access to more powerful bots. Obviously they could use their lower ranked bots if they want a challenge from master but then what's the point in R5 5☆?

We really should have gotten a new spotlight mode since long long ago so I'm hoping @Kabam Vydious or someone can read this and take it into consideration. Master rewards are fine in my opinion, maybe more 5☆ shards would be nice, but a completely new spotlight difficulty with all new rewards is vital.
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    To build on what @Kitten stated above, a new Spotlight Tier needs to be added. It can mirror Master in terms of Mods/bots just up all the numbers — call it Legendary level and offer up matching rewards (eg. T4C).

The added bonus here is that the players outside the super elite group can still give this new level a shot. Maybe purchase and spend 1000+ energon. Who knows, but at least it’s a chance for them since they can’t break into top 3 or top 10 of AM rankings.
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    To build on what @Kitten stated above, a new Spotlight Tier needs to be added. It can mirror Master in terms of Mods/bots just up all the numbers — call it Legendary level and offer up matching rewards (eg. T4C).

The added bonus here is that the players outside the super elite group can still give this new level a shot. Maybe purchase and spend 1000+ energon. Who knows, but at least it’s a chance for them since they can’t break into top 3 or top 10 of AM rankings.

Summed up brilliantly. Me tier players can just try to complete and explore chap1 and slowly build up for exploration over months.
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Just remove either Hard or Expert spotlight in case there are too many difficulties (and objectives to do). There aren't much difference between those 2 levels tbh
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    edited July 2019
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Just remove either Hard or Expert spotlight in case there are too many difficulties (and objectives to do). There aren't much difference between those 2 levels tbh

this is not correct. the gap between hard and expert is the probably biggest between the levels. the bots PI's go from from sub 1k to 2k+ and with mods. each level has a good increase that is needed. you forget there are newer players that find these levels difficult and can't just autofight. if players are really intent on combining a level for a new spotlight level, maybe combine Medium and Hard.. the Pi will quadruple from Easy to Hard (and use an adjustment) but most new players should be able to level quick enough, especially with all the 4* freebies they get now.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    I think before we get a new spotlight difficulty, we should get story act 4. Just sayin.
  • WeareskfkWeareskfk Posts: 6
    edited July 2019
    On which difficulty do we get mods on spotlights. Like on the med nemisis one only nemisis prime and shockwave have mods cause they are important to the story but when I watch some youtubers on master difficulty on their maps have lains such as Last Dich Health lain on the last mission and I don’t remember more of them but on which one
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    edited July 2019
    Weareskfk wrote: »
    On which difficulty do we get mods on spotlights. Like on the med nemisis one only nemisis prime and shockwave have mods cause they are important to the story but when I watch some youtubers on master difficulty on their maps have lains such as Last Dich Health lain on the last mission and I don’t remember more of them but on which one

Starts doig that in expert
  • RocsolidRocsolid Posts: 302
    So far, I’ve been able to beat Nemesis Prime 3 times in Expert, only using Energon to give me an attack boost on the two hardest paths. Personally, I think the last-ditch Health Path was harder than the Power Bar Health Path. But Nemesis Prime? Sheesh!! Imagine Last-Ditch Health AND Life Steal triggering at the same time (happened to me twice... worse than ROTF Megs triggering his sig with a Tech Console). Thankfully, Tronus, BC, & Barricade have so far been able to take down this Dark Prime. Thank you, JIMMY_SAB, for the tips.

Wave or cheetor for health gain prevention.
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    Buttehrs wrote: »
    I think before we get a new spotlight difficulty, we should get story act 4. Just sayin.

That is the first good thing about act 4 that I agree with
    Rocsolid wrote: »

If you’ve built up enough power for an SP1 (Cheetor) or SP3 (Shockwave), correct. My best strategy for Nemesis Prime ended up being use Grimlock to get NP down to about 25%, then use Bonecrusher & his Bleed ability to dampen the Last-Ditch Health Gain & ultimately beat him.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    edited July 2019

If you’ve built up enough power for an SP1 (Cheetor) or SP3 (Shockwave), correct. My best strategy for Nemesis Prime ended up being use Grimlock to get NP down to about 25%, then use Bonecrusher & his Bleed ability to dampen the Last-Ditch Health Gain & ultimately beat him.

Shockwave SP2 is also an option.

I just used my 4* Megatronus, it's a bit of a longer fight but no big deal especially since he can Life Steal. In fact one time the Relic of Obedience was active and Nemesis didn't repair, when I saw that I rushed to finish him off in case the repair kicked in after the Relic of Ob. expired.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

Shockwave SP2 is also an option.

I just used my 4* Megatronus, it's a bit of a longer fight but no big deal especially since he can Life Steal. In fact one time the Relic of Obedience was active and Nemesis didn't repair, when I saw that I rushed to finish him off in case the repair kicked in after the Relic of Ob. expired.

Yes i did something like that , inflicted 3 resistance debuffs and wasp sp2 knocked down nibba prime before he could heal.