Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Spotlight Mission: Till All Are Gone.

Comments

• Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Slayer wrote: »
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Technobot wrote: »
    Rocsolid wrote: »
    So far, I’ve been able to beat Nemesis Prime 3 times in Expert, only using Energon to give me an attack boost on the two hardest paths. Personally, I think the last-ditch Health Path was harder than the Power Bar Health Path. But Nemesis Prime? Sheesh!! Imagine Last-Ditch Health AND Life Steal triggering at the same time (happened to me twice... worse than ROTF Megs triggering his sig with a Tech Console). Thankfully, Tronus, BC, & Barricade have so far been able to take down this Dark Prime. Thank you, JIMMY_SAB, for the tips.

Wave or cheetor for health gain prevention.

If you’ve built up enough power for an SP1 (Cheetor) or SP3 (Shockwave), correct. My best strategy for Nemesis Prime ended up being use Grimlock to get NP down to about 25%, then use Bonecrusher & his Bleed ability to dampen the Last-Ditch Health Gain & ultimately beat him.

Shockwave SP2 is also an option.

I just used my 4* Megatronus, it's a bit of a longer fight but no big deal especially since he can Life Steal. In fact one time the Relic of Obedience was active and Nemesis didn't repair, when I saw that I rushed to finish him off in case the repair kicked in after the Relic of Ob. expired.

Yes i did something like that , inflicted 3 resistance debuffs and wasp sp2 knocked down nibba prime before he could heal.

Nice, just bypass it, lol.
  • Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    When I 1st fought him, I used mv Megatron and wasn't aware of last ditch repair until I got to him, once I got my special 3 I used it when he was at 25% health and it did enough damage to finish him off.
    So I guess repair block isn't the only option, burst damage of demos also work well
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    When I 1st fought him, I used mv Megatron and wasn't aware of last ditch repair until I got to him, once I got my special 3 I used it when he was at 25% health and it did enough damage to finish him off.
    So I guess repair block isn't the only option, burst damage of demos also work well

My galvatron stopped his heal with a full power SP2
  • Options
    Austin555555Austin555555 Posts: 783
    @Kabam Vydious any idea when we can obtain nemesis prime?
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    edited July 2019
    I feel that if they're to offer a new tier spotlight, call it the "Prime" difficulty or something,don't rely on mods or difficult cheating AI, make it more like RoK with ultra high health bars.
    Seems skill isn't an issue here, especially since I've seen RoK being handled with a 3* Tronus.
    Work on constancy rather than pure skill or luck. Can a player consistently handle say...a class disadvantage, or can he finish perfect,or possibly with an ability switched off. These are challenges. Players have shown they have the skills down pat to handle ANY challenge thrown at them, no tie one hand behind their back or cover an eye so to speak. Make us think outside the box.
    Personally I'm not ready for this, but I know others are.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    I feel that if they're to offer a new tier spotlight, call it the "Prime" difficulty or something,don't rely on mods or difficult cheating AI, make it more like RoK with ultra high health bars.
    Seems skill isn't an issue here, especially since I've seen RoK being handled with a 3* Tronus.
    Work on constancy rather than pure skill or luck. Can a player consistently handle say...a class disadvantage, or can he finish perfect,or possibly with an ability switched off. These are challenges. Players have shown they have the skills down pat to handle ANY challenge thrown at them, no tie one hand behind their back or cover an eye so to speak. Make us think outside the box.

I agree with your sentiment here. However, I don’t agree with your “think outside the box” comment — at least not in the context of your post (eg. spotlight like RoK with high health instead of a tricky mod). I don’t consider repetition and a long fight to be something that has me thinking outside the box per se. It does require skill, discipline, and stamina for sure.

I find a tricky mod to be more interesting. You mention having an ability turned off which is in line with the challenge I’d like to see. Seeing a bot elevated to something unique via a mod is very appealing to me. That type of experience can only come with a mod.

In the end, I think a new tier level can combine all of the elements being discussed.
  • Options
    Primerprime5Primerprime5 Posts: 853
    DrShotgun wrote: »

As long as you're not implying the usage of the Life Transfer mod, I'm down for this.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Or just fix the Life Transfer mod and/or increase the potency of the attacker's life steal, it's not that hard. It amazes me how one of the easiest nodes in Mc*c became one of the most frustrating things to deal with in this game
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    I don't think they can single out AI cheating for a new difficulty but choose not to fix that.
  • Options
    WeareskfkWeareskfk Posts: 6
    Ok. Thanks for telling me @Buttehrs
  • Options
    WeareskfkWeareskfk Posts: 6
    When will Nemesis Prime will be released for everyone to play
  • Options
    willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    Voltron wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Just remove either Hard or Expert spotlight in case there are too many difficulties (and objectives to do). There aren't much difference between those 2 levels tbh

this is not correct. the gap between hard and expert is the probably biggest between the levels. the bots PI's go from from sub 1k to 2k+ and with mods. each level has a good increase that is needed. you forget there are newer players that find these levels difficult and can't just autofight. if players are really intent on combining a level for a new spotlight level, maybe combine Medium and Hard.. the Pi will quadruple from Easy to Hard (and use an adjustment) but most new players should be able to level quick enough, especially with all the 4* freebies they get now.

Agreed. Add Legendary, remove medium, make hard and expert a tiny bit easier, increase rewards a bit across the board... everyone should be happy
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    willdorf wrote: »
    Voltron wrote: »
    Gunz0 wrote: »
    Just remove either Hard or Expert spotlight in case there are too many difficulties (and objectives to do). There aren't much difference between those 2 levels tbh

this is not correct. the gap between hard and expert is the probably biggest between the levels. the bots PI's go from from sub 1k to 2k+ and with mods. each level has a good increase that is needed. you forget there are newer players that find these levels difficult and can't just autofight. if players are really intent on combining a level for a new spotlight level, maybe combine Medium and Hard.. the Pi will quadruple from Easy to Hard (and use an adjustment) but most new players should be able to level quick enough, especially with all the 4* freebies they get now.

Agreed. Add Legendary, remove medium, make hard and expert a tiny bit easier, increase rewards a bit across the board... everyone should be happy

Upvote and gold for you @willdorf
  • Options
    PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    edited July 2019
    Rocsolid wrote: »
    So far, I’ve been able to beat Nemesis Prime 3 times in Expert, only using Energon to give me an attack boost on the two hardest paths. Personally, I think the last-ditch Health Path was harder than the Power Bar Health Path. But Nemesis Prime? Sheesh!! Imagine Last-Ditch Health AND Life Steal triggering at the same time (happened to me twice... worse than ROTF Megs triggering his sig with a Tech Console). Thankfully, Tronus, BC, & Barricade have so far been able to take down this Dark Prime. Thank you, JIMMY_SAB, for the tips.

Wave or cheetor for health gain prevention.

If you’ve built up enough power for an SP1 (Cheetor) or SP3 (Shockwave), correct. My best strategy for Nemesis Prime ended up being use Grimlock to get NP down to about 25%, then use Bonecrusher & his Bleed ability to dampen the Last-Ditch Health Gain & ultimately beat him.

I found that using Cyclonus is also very effective, as his nullify will prevent Nemesis from gaining health back. The trick of course, is to time it correctly to make sure you don't go below his 20% too soon and therefore not benefiting from the nullify. I just finished Master diff. and was able to use this trick 2 of the 5 times.
  • Options
    PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    btw... I also think that Nemesis is too much identical to OGP (that's a big bummer) and also, rewards should be revisited.
  • Options
    KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Peponfree wrote: »
    btw... I also think that Nemesis is too much identical to OGP (that's a big bummer) and also, rewards should be revisited.

Dont care for the first point, but agree with the second
  • Options
    DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    @Primerprime5 hellz no...no life transfer mods lol..
    And @JIMMY_SAB ....just throwing things out there. Stand alone fights like not relying on synergies, or like I said before, a mod that suppresses abilities much like Tronus's ability does.
    I feel right now they rely on ultra fast reacting super aggressive AI that pushes the point of a reasonable fighting chance for many players. So many have reported cheating in AI such as the video that's up of someone fighting Grimlock and Grim tosses a block up right at the end of a combo. To me this is lazy coding.
    As for long fights, that's where my challenge comes in. I get impatient on stuff like RoK. I'll be rocking along and get bored and mess up.
  • Options
    PrimesPrimes Posts: 2
    please add Rodimus Prime
  • Options
    Primes wrote: »
    please add Rodimus Prime
    8bic4pt5lbio.png

• Options
    BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    Appreciated, now I don't have to scroll all the way across the screen to get my crystals
    ikpnw1plg6lv.png
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Appreciated, now I don't have to scroll all the way across the screen to get my crystals
    ikpnw1plg6lv.png

Nice 👍 thanks Kabam
  • Options
    PhatBoy123PhatBoy123 Posts: 1,015
    I read the dialogue in mission 2, if beast Megatron gets in before Warpath I swear to Primus I will incessantly complain.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    What? Even at 0, it shows?
  • Options
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »
    I read the dialogue in mission 2, if beast Megatron gets in before Warpath I swear to Primus I will incessantly complain.

And i would be satisfied. Bw megs would be cool
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    PhatBoy123 wrote: »

Don’t worry, they’ll release Warpath very soon
    as a reskin of Ironhide with Bludgeon’s heavy attack
  • Options
    Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    qnvy6flcru9z.gif
    Repair much?

Awesome 👍
  • Options
    Seb1976Seb1976 Posts: 77
    qnvy6flcru9z.gif
    Repair much?

In Master I had NP down to 10% health when he unleashed an SP3 and regained 99% health ... I still won