Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!
Options

Post update heavies and specials issues [Hotfix Coming Today!]

Comments

• Options
    CarrotBoy2kCarrotBoy2k Posts: 164
    @Darm0k , the two Cyclonus v. MM clips showed you backstepping away from MM just before contact was made. I agree that it would be nice if Dark Field activated anyway, but it has never worked that way. (To my own frequent frustration.)

The Galvatron clip doesn't show an evade, but does show the AI acting when it should be recovering from a hit.

I don't mean to be overly critical, and I appreciate your work capturing and publicizing these issues!
  • Options
    PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Here’s one more failed dark field. Same fight.

kstzbagtsxhm.gif

That has happened to me a lot!! Cyclonus dark field is not stopping MM as before!!
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    @Darm0k , the two Cyclonus v. MM clips showed you backstepping away from MM just before contact was made. I agree that it would be nice if Dark Field activated anyway, but it has never worked that way. (To my own frequent frustration.)
    You mean Cyc has to stand still to activate his Dark Field against a dashing-in MM?

• Options
    Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485

Uh... see my thread here: https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/9728/cyclonus-dark-field-not-activating-on-all-unstoppable-dashes
    The Galvatron clip doesn't show an evade, but does show the AI acting when it should be recovering from a hit.

Yeah, I was being sarcastic.
  • Options
    On the topic of fixing things, let’s fix this air punch issue as well.

302ne6tj4hzi.gif
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997

5co71rmspf32.gif

I hate when they whiff.

• Options
    Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994

You mean Cyc has to stand still to activate his Dark Field against a dashing-in MM?

No.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    JKL wrote: »

5co71rmspf32.gif

I hate when they whiff.

You know what drives me up the wall......bots throwing punches when the opponent is at basic ranged distance. This problem was reported a loooong time ago and still hasn't been fixed.
  • Options
    VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

You know what drives me up the wall......bots throwing punches when the opponent is at basic ranged distance. This problem was reported a loooong time ago and still hasn't been fixed.[/quote]

I hate that one too...what makes it worse is the AI at that same distance will be able to shoot a range.
  • Options
    Hey!

So we're waiting on finalizing, but we were able to pinpoint what might be happening and should have a fix out soon with 8.4.2! Stay tuned. That should be this week, if it changes I'll let you all know.

x0y9ymj8s674.jpeg
  • Options
    Hey All!

Version 8.4.2 is on the way! You should see it later today, and it should solve this issue.

Haha. Thanks for waiting till after I posted my gif before putting this up there. lol
  • Options
    Great! Finally after weeks of enduring this tragedy of an update to the A.I (it's just too strong) Kabam has finally decided to nerf it. May it never happen again.
    This is purely a joke, guys. Calm down.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited April 2020
    Hey All!

Version 8.4.2 is on the way! You should see it later today, and it should solve this issue.

Better to update post AM, cus who knows what new bugs this update brings.

Just a heads up Peeps.
  • Options
    NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Slayer wrote: »
    Hey All!

Just a heads up Peeps.

Worse than we already have!!! No thanks I’ll update it as soon as it’s available for iOS users.
  • Options
    SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    NidRob wrote: »
    Slayer wrote: »
    Hey All!

Just a heads up Peeps.

Worse than we already have!!! No thanks I’ll update it as soon as it’s available for iOS users.

Lol you can test that update for us then 😂😛
  • Options
    JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    edited April 2020
    Based on the phrasing below for the hotfix, which says something along the lines of “enemy is reacting too quickly” — problems still remain. See the 2nd image gif. I am still seeing this a lot where the enemy can recover from a basic hit and just launch their SP. I know that this happened before but was much worse with 8.4 and seems to still be as bad. Anyone seeing something similar? This gif below was in arena but I’m seeing it in AM too. Yes, it’s been reported to Kabam support.

qqyzey1jga49.jpeg

nnnm4hfayyp0.gif
  • Options
    Missed specials due to enemy reaction time being accelerated.

d3ytgjdyjl7w.gif
  • Options
    A13X2017A13X2017 Posts: 50
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Based on the phrasing below for the hotfix, which says something along the lines of “enemy is reacting too quickly” — problems still remain. See the 2nd image gif. I am still seeing this a lot where the enemy can recover from a basic hit and just launch their SP. I know that this happened before but was much worse with 8.4 and seems to still be as bad. Anyone seeing something similar? This gif below was in arena but I’m seeing it in AM too. Yes, it’s been reported to Kabam support.

qqyzey1jga49.jpeg

nnnm4hfayyp0.gif

I've suffered the same during the fight Vs kickback in AM. I haven't any gif/video and sincerely at the begging I thought that was a problem of attention or "temporary bad fingers".
    Looking at yours gif and looking again the fights I can assume the enemies reaction is more quickly then before. The same against IH and Shock.
  • Options
    KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Let's just wait and see how (or if) the fix fixes things. Sometimes bugs are related.
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    I've been frequently missing with Ramjet specials recently, even his SP1 which was the more reliable one, and even after installing the update.
  • Options
    BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited April 2020
    Though i can no longer replicate chains of missed heavies (the entire fight!), but the issue remains, as per @JIMMY_SAB 's video snippet.

A.I. Reaction Times are still enhanced.

But TBF there's slightly less cheating.

@Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious it's weirdly more apparent on a SD626 compared to either a SD632, 675, 665 or even a MTK6771.
  • Options
    Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Rip all those JP players who couldn’t install the new update
  • Options
    The bug where tehe AI does not get stun/fazed when taking a hit is still here. They're still able to immediately react and attack you back.
  • Options
    m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    edited April 2020
    Still getting specials blocked mid combo on Android version after updating last night...same for all my Ally members too. So what was fixed?
  • Options
    JKLJKL Posts: 997
    So was it either:

1. I was too slow on my heavy
    2. The AI was still fast reacting and able to get a range and parry off after I combo/heavy

5pdt0365m1ic.gif
  • Options
    So was it either:

2. The AI was still fast reacting and able to get a range and parry off after I combo/heavy

5pdt0365m1ic.gif

# 2 for sure.
  • Options
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    So was it either:

5pdt0365m1ic.gif

# 2 for sure.

Yep. This patch has made this bug worse. They're also doing more "Instant" blocks now. This is so frustrating.
  • Options
    So was it either:

5pdt0365m1ic.gif

I'd love to be able to see this slowed down to see if the heavy projectile contacted Jetfire before he got his arms up.