Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Hello My Old Friend!

Hey everyone!

Long time no chat! (Just kidding, we're always chatting.)

Anyways, I'm swinging by to check in but mostly to learn more about all of y'all. So let's sit down, cozy on up to our imaginary tables and put a discussion on the plate.

Who is your favorite Bot of all time? Can be any iteration of them that you want it to be too! I just want to know who it is and why. We learn every so often through different discussion who those might be, but we've never actually properly talked about it so let's do it!

Mine is Barricade (Runner). For as long as I can remember I have been a HUGE fan of him and honestly it's because he was the leader to a bunch of race cars. I'm a fan of racing, always have been so it was a key into my heart. Even when he was moved to the world of being a cop car I was still a big fan! But as time went on he easily stayed my favorite within the world of Autobots and Decepticons.

EmotionalThoroughKatydid-small.gif
Tagged:

Comments

• BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited January 2019
    @Kabam Vydious you sure are a true fan, what with BARRICADE, being your fave transformer. Hardcore!

Mine is (are) a toss up between Motormaster, Roadblock (love love the toy), Skullgrin (he's a movie star!) and Galvatron, though i hated him in the cartoon as he didn't match up with the grey, G1 toy. Dumb 7 yr old!

Transformers affected my very direction in life. Thought me to love cars, technology and to see things from opposite points of views.
    After all, Autobots and Decepticon motivations were the same.
    To save HOME.

Also, thanks Vydious for this highly important, MORALE BOOSTING communication with your player base.
    So very essential at this moment.
  • edited January 2019
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious you sure are a true fan, what with BARRICADE, being your fave transformer. Hardcore!

Mine is (are) a toss up between Motormaster, Roadblock (love love the toy), Skullgrin (he's a movie star!) and Galvatron, though i hated him in the cartoon as he didn't match up with the grey, G1 toy. Dumb 7 yr old!

Transformers affected my very direction in life. Thought me to love cars, technology and to see things from opposite points of views.
    After all, Autobots and Decepticon motivations were the same.
    To save HOME.

Also, thanks Vydious for this highly important, MORALE BOOSTING communication with your player base.
    So very essential at this moment.

I agree with the opposite points of view insight! It's really there! Yes, Decepticons get slapped with the bad guy label but at the end of the day: they were just doing what they thought was best for them.

I never really had any of the toys growing up sadly so I'm jealous there for sure! And honestly I think I'll always have a spot for Galvatron, but I totally get your feelings towards him in the cartoon.

And of course! I honestly enjoy talking with all of you. It's fun to hear things like this. I mean, we're all here for the same reason at the end of the day, right? Let's chat and enjoy it. :)
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    edited January 2019
    @Kabam Vydious this is definitely a heart warming chat 👍
    My favorite is Optimus Prime I love this character, Peter Cullen did amazing with him and still doing amazing with him lol 👍
    Megatron is great too Frank Walker is amazing too 👍
    Definitely I’m a G1 fan all the way 😊
    I kinda favor the Autobots a wee bit more lol 😂
    So I’m not too fussy with any character if it’s G1 lol
    Kabam team I hope that new bots will come in the future after we’ve played for all these previously released bots 👍

PS. LWM and LWM-2 is looking for active players please message me in game windbee prime if you’ve got rank5 4*s 😊
  • Jazz444 wrote: »
    My favorite is Optimus Prime I love this character, Peter Cullen did amazing with him and still doing amazing with him lol 👍
    Kabam team I hope that new bots will come in the future after we’ve played for all these previously released bots 👍

PS. LWM and LWM-2 is looking for active players please message me in game windbee prime if you’ve got rank5 4*s 😊

Frank Welker is so great wherever he gets placed. :scream:
    And I agree with the G1 fan life! Gotta be right there with you.

Also! Get your recruiting out of here, lol. We have a place for that! Keep this place about those Bot favorites!!
    Jazz444 wrote: »

Frank Welker is so great wherever he gets placed. :scream:
    And I agree with the G1 fan life! Gotta be right there with you.

Also! Get your recruiting out of here, lol. We have a place for that! Keep this place about those Bot favorites!!

Lol yes definitely Frank Walker is amazing wherever he goes
    I’m sorry about my recruitment
    This series is awesome I’m watching all the episodes through at the Moment! 👍
    kpmqp8lcq1gq.jpeg
    These guys would make Forged To Fight a game changer if they had these modes in game 😄
    Here's a lil tribute to @Kabam Vydious

Pics stolen from the interwebs

rt894i0pj4pj.jpg
    qaoj3zgzc90j.jpg
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    I can't nail down a favourite bot so I guess i'll go with a shortlist :)

Dinobot (BW): Im sure this guys features on a lot of peoples lists and with good reason. Amazing character depth and front and centre of the best Transformers episode Ive ever watched.

Shockwave (G1 and IDW): The logician. This guy has worn so many hats in the various continuities. The loyal lieutenant. The usurper. The spy. The politician. The harbinger of destruction. Look into his history in the IDW comics, you will not be disappointed.

Rung (IDW): Rong, Wrung, Ring. I wont spoil his origins but there's more to this unassuming bot than meets the eye.

Scrounge (Marvel G1): The bot with the special arm. This guy was a nobody, i mean he transformed into a wheel for crying out loud. But his Marvel comics arc was incredible. A character lost to time but always stuck with me.

Megatron (BW and BM): A menacing, intelligent, capable yet charming and witty Megatron. This guy was everything I wanted in a Transformers villain and i still feel there hasn't been one like him in Transformers since. Conquered Cybertron singlehandedly, that's a tough act to follow.

Waspinator (BW): Why universe hate Waspinator? Because it's funny you twit.

Bludgeon (Marvel G1): This guy surprised me with how much I liked him. He couldve been a generic villain but they made him something more, not even sure how. But even though he rarely appears nowadays in comics I still love those moments he shows up. Strange hes so common in TF games though.

And probably the top of the pile but it depends on the day:

Starscream (all but Movieverse): The movieverse Screamer was a shadow of himself but every other Screamer has had something that hooked me in. I love his odd mix of cowardice and bravado, his intelligence and his stupidity, his skills and his inevitable failure. Plus he always had that super sexy jet mode (the F15 is a favourite plane of mine). The bot who would stab you in the back but gloat about doing it beforehand.

The IDW Screamer is my favourite though. He took control of Cybertron not with war, but with politics. He played the political landscape like a pro and came out on top. And then it broke him. What he always wanted finally drove him borderline insane.

Plus I always loved the fact that he and Bee became odd allies and then friends. It really softened Screamer and gave him even more depth.

Wow that was long.
  • BlackRazak wrote: »
    Here's a lil tribute to @Kabam Vydious

Pics stolen from the interwebs

rt894i0pj4pj.jpg
    qaoj3zgzc90j.jpg

My guy! Look at him go!
  • SkBirdman wrote: »
    I can't nail down a favourite bot so I guess i'll go with a shortlist :)

Dinobot (BW): Im sure this guys features on a lot of peoples lists and with good reason. Amazing character depth and front and centre of the best Transformers episode Ive ever watched.

Shockwave (G1 and IDW): The logician. This guy has worn so many hats in the various continuities. The loyal lieutenant. The usurper. The spy. The politician. The harbinger of destruction. Look into his history in the IDW comics, you will not be disappointed.

Rung (IDW): Rong, Wrung, Ring. I wont spoil his origins but there's more to this unassuming bot than meets the eye.

Scrounge (Marvel G1): The bot with the special arm. This guy was a nobody, i mean he transformed into a wheel for crying out loud. But his Marvel comics arc was incredible. A character lost to time but always stuck with me.

Megatron (BW and BM): A menacing, intelligent, capable yet charming and witty Megatron. This guy was everything I wanted in a Transformers villain and i still feel there hasn't been one like him in Transformers since. Conquered Cybertron singlehandedly, that's a tough act to follow.

Waspinator (BW): Why universe hate Waspinator? Because it's funny you twit.

Bludgeon (Marvel G1): This guy surprised me with how much I liked him. He couldve been a generic villain but they made him something more, not even sure how. But even though he rarely appears nowadays in comics I still love those moments he shows up. Strange hes so common in TF games though.

And probably the top of the pile but it depends on the day:

Starscream (all but Movieverse): The movieverse Screamer was a shadow of himself but every other Screamer has had something that hooked me in. I love his odd mix of cowardice and bravado, his intelligence and his stupidity, his skills and his inevitable failure. Plus he always had that super sexy jet mode (the F15 is a favourite plane of mine). The bot who would stab you in the back but gloat about doing it beforehand.

The IDW Screamer is my favourite though. He took control of Cybertron not with war, but with politics. He played the political landscape like a pro and came out on top. And then it broke him. What he always wanted finally drove him borderline insane.

Plus I always loved the fact that he and Bee became odd allies and then friends. It really softened Screamer and gave him even more depth.

Wow that was long.
    Talk about dedication. This was fun to read!! I loved hearing your reasoning for all of them! Thank you so much for dropping by and giving us your "short-list" :scream:

Scrounge definitely is a good one. Warms my heart just thinking about him.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    I JUST saw this chat.
  • JKINJKIN Posts: 514
    My favorite bot would be Jetfire, but not from the Bayverse.
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    Thanks for talking to us, Vydious! Really means a lot to me mate. My favourite transformer is Jazz, my favourite toy, character in G1, and bot in TFTF! He’s just awesome in every way (except transformers 2007)
  • Andum7Andum7 Posts: 61
    Silverbolt because as amusing as it is that he transforms into a plane and he has a fear of heights, its pretty cool he overcomes that fear and leads a team of bots. Would also be nice to see him in game ;)
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    d0jhtoaftq1j.png
    Bluestreak and Wheeljack were always my favorites as a kid. I actually have this image tattooed on my left calf. Im also big into racing and he was considered the fastest Autobot of his day.
    These days, being a truck driver, I have a bit of favoritism towards Motormaster and Mixmaster....of course MV1s Pete 379 will always be a classic, but not tattoo worthy:)
  • QliverQliver Posts: 54
    My favorite bot is the Moreconent Dude, he’s so amazing. Hope his sp3 is a very detailed Paragraph of what’s coming.
  • Kitten wrote: »
    Thanks for talking to us, Vydious! Really means a lot to me mate. My favourite transformer is Jazz, my favourite toy, character in G1, and bot in TFTF! He’s just awesome in every way (except transformers 2007)

So would you say you get jazzed about Jazz?
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    d0jhtoaftq1j.png
    Bluestreak and Wheeljack were always my favorites as a kid. I actually have this image tattooed on my left calf. Im also big into racing and he was considered the fastest Autobot of his day.
    These days, being a truck driver, I have a bit of favoritism towards Motormaster and Mixmaster....of course MV1s Pete 379 will always be a classic, but not tattoo worthy:)

Wheeljack G1 had the most AWESOME look.
    His head is a work of art, one of the best, most unique robot faces ever... Till you discover Steel JEEG.

Talking about masterpiece designs.
    G1 Prime, Prowl, Jazz, Wheeljack, Sideswipe, Mirage, Soundwave, Shockwave, Perceptor, Blaster...what beauties! 1984. Oh what a vintage year.

Do take note their rivals looked like this
    zuwh9rf4hxd9.jpg

But thanks to you, whenever i look at my MIB MP Bluestreak, I'll imagine your calf.
    Noice.
  • Andum7 wrote: »
    Silverbolt because as amusing as it is that he transforms into a plane and he has a fear of heights, its pretty cool he overcomes that fear and leads a team of bots. Would also be nice to see him in game ;)

I adore that though! Sometimes overcoming your fears are what get you to some of the best parts of your life! :)
  • DrShotgun wrote: »
    A tattoo?? That's crazy cool commitment!

• SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    edited January 2019

Drift all the way !!
    Decepticon first , autobot later
    Gun slinger first, Swordmaster later
    Such a action packed bot with a good history.

Love his design man so awesome both in G1 comics and Bayverse, i actually like the samurai look more !

No Fear. No Pain. No Anger
    "Get off ! You maggot ...."
    l2jmuxs1bj34.jpg
  • Slayer wrote: »
    Drift all the way !!
    Decepticon first , autobot later
    Gun slinger first, Swordmaster later
    Such a action packed bot with a good history.

Love his design man so awesome both in G1 comics and Bayverse, i actually like the samurai look more !

No Fear. No Pain. No Anger
    "Get off ! You maggot ...."

I'm a sucker for a good design myself. Gotta agree with you there.
  • DrShotgunDrShotgun Posts: 2,157
    DrShotgun wrote: »
    A tattoo?? That's crazy cool commitment!

Heck yeah...
    kzl4qou7rawc.jpg
  • QliverQliver Posts: 54
    Flagged for nudity^
  • Raptor22Raptor22 Posts: 111
    edited February 2019
    m7aug4md1fr7.png
    G1 Sideswipe

This is the toy, the character... that started the madness. This is the one that started the fever. That started the love.... my love for cars and TFs.

When I saw Sideswipe the toy for the very first time in 1984, the design of the Lamborghini Countach was so ahead of its time! And to this very day, it is still stylish and an inspirational design for all supercars that followed it! I was awestruck by how futuristic it looked!

And when I saw THE REAL CAR for the very first time in my life, I was floored!! At the time, all cars were taller than me as a kid. But to see how low this car was.. it was crazy! To see that I was actually taller than a real car was totally surreal!
    Hey everyone!
    Mine is Barricade (Runner).

EmotionalThoroughKatydid-small.gif

Is this a hint that we're getting Barricade as one of the 3 bots offered for next month?? To this very day, since I have played this game... he is the ONLY 4-star bot that has eluded me this long!!
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited February 2019
    Sorry, I’m boring. Prime Wars Optimus and Megatron.

Close second, G1 Soundwave.

@DrShotgun very nice tattoo work bud. Often you see awesome tattoo ideas poorly excecuted. That’s an tattoo awesome idea perfectly excecuted.
  • I Like All The Decepticons But If I Had To Pick One It Would Be The Fearless Leader MEGATRON!!

vmj1exeaszf9.jpeg
  • I'm a "good guy" fan so I love the Autobots, and I've always liked the "medic" characters so Ratchet has been one of my favorites for years.

And as @Jazz444 said, there's something to be said about the golden chords of Peter Cullen. I can't imagine anyone else ever taking on that role; it just wouldn't be the same.
  • DaveJLDaveJL Posts: 1,779
    Grimlock is probably my favourite character. Not sure which version. Wasn't keen on the RiD version to begin with, but he grew on me
  • NutjobNutjob Posts: 150
    I must say that it's heartwarming to hear from you wonderful moderators. I also love the concept of this chat, so I'll contribute.

I am old, so G1 was also my bread and butter. I have many favourite characters, but I will choose three for their cartoon characters, and one that I would love to see added to the game - ***spoiler*** - it's not Warpath!

Possibly my favourite cartoon characters were:

Soundwave
    Shockwave
    Omega Supreme

I loved the loyalty (despite being Decepticons) and logic of the first two - as well as Soundwave's 'sexiest bot alive' voice! - and as for Omega Supreme, I mean, come on! If I need to explain why he was so awesome, you need more help than I can provide you.

As for one I would love to see added to the game, I think we need another Brawler, so I would suggest a G1 Ironhide. Clearly his passive strengths would relate to his almost impervious armour, while his gun would make for a range of interesting specials/ranged attack options. I remember that he could shoot super-heated lead, super-cooled nitrogen, glue, and probably other compounds. A random mechanic - a bit like Wheeljack's three buff options - would probably work.