Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Rebalance: Who's on the List?

Comments

• Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    Red_Eyes wrote: »
    Synthwave wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike a very reasonable list, but is it final?

Honestly, I was a little surprised to see Jazz, Waspinator, Soundwave, Grimlock, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, and Rhinox were left off of it, as they would all benefit from tweaks.

Hot Rod just needs a higher chance to land decelerate shots, Grimlock some stuns or armor buffs for his sp2, Waspinator some acid debuffs on his heavies or sp2's. Jazz just needs an sp2 that's different from what his heavy already does. Soundwave is just looking pretty dated at this point.

Ultra Magnus and Rhinox I feel just need new signatures altogether, but everything else about them is fine.

But all this said, will more bots be considered in an 8.1 update?
    Vavatron wrote: »
    Where are all those people that called me out for suggesting a nerf was on the way????

@Mufc14 @Red_Eyes

You might want to check things yoself. I had a dispute with someone else, I don't think I said anything to you.

I fixed that for you.

I said this to @Mufc14 who had replied to @Vavatron , "I was just going to say this.....not sure how anyone came up with "nerfing" after reading that."

If that's a calling out, so be it. All I did was state my position, Vavatron could have replied.

That said, and as Mufc14 said, the moderator did not reveal the whole truth, not my fault.

You might want to fix it again, I don't use the word "yoself"

Just to be accurate, I wasn’t replying to anyone I just quoted a moderator & it’s not my fault if he was wrong.
    juhidcxnaqrc.jpeg

• Yes Hound!!!!!
  • BaRdYaAmN wrote: »
    So @Kabam Miike, will we get further details about this as the month progresses, until the release of 8.0 and everything else mentioned in the message from Optimus Prime discussion?
    Like what buffs/nerfs our underdogs will get?

Yes! I just wanted to give you all an update, because I haven't had any concrete information to share in a while since that Message.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    Squabble, argue all you like fellas

HOUND and Sir Mix-a-Lot shall no longer be the punchline to every joke!

Galvatron's fine-tuning... This I'd like to see
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    "April kicks off with a brand new update! The 8.0 Anniversary Update has some great surprises in store, including a long requested Bot Rebalance for some of our lower performing Bots, a new temporary Challenge, and an update to Alliance Missions!"

The temporarily challenge is actually for Kabam. It’s them dealing with all the people complaining about the Megatronus thing.

Speaking of people who have Megatronus, I wonder if it’s like this:

“Yeah, Megatronus really needed a nerf.”
    -people who don’t have a 5 star Megatronus (with the exception of Jay32 and his r5 monster)

“I’m sad Megatronus is getting a nerf, he didn’t need one.”
    -people who spent resources ranking and high forging their 5 star.

I’m not saying he should have one or not, just wondering about where the comments are coming from.

As for the list, I’m also surprised Hot Rod is not on there. Sure his decelerate is good, but he seems to not do much damage even with the crit buffs compared to others. He is also the only warrior bot that doesn’t inflict bleed.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    kranders wrote: »
    I totally agree and have always said Megatronus should never have been released. I don't feel bad for anyone that invested in him, this doesn't make him unusable but may add back in the necessary skill to be good with him. If you don't think he's OP look at the sheer number of people that have him as the #1 bot. That alone tells you they made him too good.

Soundwave should absolutely be on that list as he's barely usable compared to every other tech and I'd say he needs it over Galvatron. He's only good with extremely high sig otherwise he's fallen way behind.

@Kabam Miike I have become quite fond of Jazz and use him extensively in AM. His stun doesn't trigger nearly enough on S1 and many times the AI still holds onto s3 after using his S2. One simple fix that I don't think makes him OP is to tie his crit buffs to his specials and signature ability. For his S1 give him another 10% chance to stun per crit buff and on S2 add 1 second to confusion for each crit buff, and for his sig add in power drain or power gain per crit buff. This would focus on maintaining his buffs and should be fair. Otherwise I'd at least suggest his S2 apply an even longer confusion and the stun from his sig be extend, most of the time there isn't enough time to take advantage of it.

Megatronus' abilities aren't going to completely overcome a lack of skill. As for the sheer number of people that have him as their number 1 bot.....everything else being equal he has the highest rating in the entire game, so that is going to inflate the number of people who have him as their number 1 bot.

I think Jazz's Confusion could use a buff....Two times I stuck a Confusion on Galvatron in Master and he didn't use a special either time....then he, of course, wasted no time in using a SP3 and blew me up. What a let down to have such a supposedly key ability fail you twice, you know, when you actually need it. Not sure I'll be investing any more resources in him.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    @Darm0k
    As a middling, 4* R3 owner of Megatronus (who even at 2000Pi easily beats 4.5K 5*), I'm in the "he's supremely good, but dull as heck" camp.
    I get there are plenty of different ways to play him.
    But his near-perfectness just doesn't excite me.
    Other bots whom are excellent, but also doesn't get my pulse racing include Shockwave, Bludegeon, Windblade...
    It's like Magneto from XMen vs Capcom!

Hot Rod, for all his dodginess, is really fun to use.
    And so are Rhinox, Motormaster, Galvatron and even much maligned Demotron as well as OP Nanojack.

Maybe the rebalance might improve the fun factor of those 'efficient' guys.
    Fingers crossed.
    edited March 2019
    Mufc14 wrote: »
    Synthwave wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike a very reasonable list, but is it final?

Honestly, I was a little surprised to see Jazz, Waspinator, Soundwave, Grimlock, Hot Rod, Ultra Magnus, and Rhinox were left off of it, as they would all benefit from tweaks.

Hot Rod just needs a higher chance to land decelerate shots, Grimlock some stuns or armor buffs for his sp2, Waspinator some acid debuffs on his heavies or sp2's. Jazz just needs an sp2 that's different from what his heavy already does. Soundwave is just looking pretty dated at this point.

Ultra Magnus and Rhinox I feel just need new signatures altogether, but everything else about them is fine.

But all this said, will more bots be considered in an 8.1 update?
    Where are all those people that called me out for suggesting a nerf was on the way????

@Mufc14 @Red_Eyes

You might want to check things yoself. I had a dispute with someone else, I don't think I said anything to you.

I fixed that for you.

I said this to @Mufc14 who had replied to @Vavatron , "I was just going to say this.....not sure how anyone came up with "nerfing" after reading that."

If that's a calling out, so be it. All I did was state my position, Vavatron could have replied.

That said, and as Mufc14 said, the moderator did not reveal the whole truth, not my fault.

You might want to fix it again, I don't use the word "yoself"

Just to be accurate, I wasn’t replying to anyone I just quoted a moderator & it’s not my fault if he was wrong.
    juhidcxnaqrc.jpeg

That's correct, sorry.
    So why is @Vavatron accusing us of calling him out?

@Bi1b0Baggins Fixed eh? Pffft.
    edited March 2019
    Darm0k wrote: »
    "April kicks off with a brand new update! The 8.0 Anniversary Update has some great surprises in store, including a long requested Bot Rebalance for some of our lower performing Bots, a new temporary Challenge, and an update to Alliance Missions!"

The temporarily challenge is actually for Kabam. It’s them dealing with all the people complaining about the Megatronus thing.

-people who don’t have a 5 star Megatronus (with the exception of Jay32 and his r5 monster)

I’m not saying he should have one or not, just wondering about where the comments are coming from.

As for the list, I’m also surprised Hot Rod is not on there. Sure his decelerate is good, but he seems to not do much damage even with the crit buffs compared to others. He is also the only warrior bot that doesn’t inflict bleed.

I wonder how many people calling for a Megatronus nerf were doing so just because they couldn't beat him in raids.

He's a god, he supposed to be good.
  • SkBirdmanSkBirdman Posts: 391
    Darm0k wrote: »

Im firmly in the "Tronus needs a nerf camp" and I have an r4 5 star duped Tronus. He just overshadows everyone else in the team (and yes, my whole team is r4 5 stars).
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    edited March 2019
    @Red_Eyes that's not a valid excuse for a bot to outclass every other bot just because he's a "god". As many have said here and in the past, he should have never been released.

The complaints for raids is valid, he's the only bot that gains such a massive boost with RR mod, no one else compares.

Anyway, I'm curious as to why Galvatron is being buffed. He needs a few tweaks sure, but he's pretty strong as he his.

Lastly, @Kabam Miike are you guys putting bots on your rebalance list solely based on play rate, or any other metrics?
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    edited March 2019
    I was right about 'tronus anyway.
    Poor Magnus, you got a self-centered poster that's all. (and the soon-to-be-Prime Hod Rod too)
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    edited March 2019
    I was just talking about this chain... @Red_Eyes @Mufc14

Not a big deal. I just felt a little jumped on.

f99vvnxhjbcs.jpeg
    sr2980gn2jw1.jpeg
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Let me clarify, I’m not against nerfing Tronus but I have invested in him heavily. Mine is R5 5* max forged sig 40.
    If I can get back all my resources (sparks, signatures, bots forged) so I can reconsider my investment after this rebalance list.

It’s such a pain, waste and disguise
    NidRob wrote: »
    Let me clarify, I’m not against nerfing Tronus but I have invested in him heavily. Mine is R5 5* max forged sig 40.
    If I can get back all my resources (sparks, signatures, bots forged) so I can reconsider my investment after this rebalance list.

But if your bot get buffed, will you pay extra money to kabam?
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    When releasing a bot then after months get nerfed it is a total disguise. @KillMasterC
    I missed a chance of getting 5* OGP because it was a game of gambling so I went for 5* Megatronus.
    Buffing should be for lower tier bots so players can reconsider invest in them not nerfing God tier instead!!!
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    NidRob wrote: »

I wouldn't expect anything. We've gone through nerfs before and were never compensated. This is only an attack/health reduction compared to previous changes to a bot's abilities so even less likely compensation is coming. That's just the Kabam way.

I get your pain as I recently fully forged my Tronus. We all know fully forging a 5* is not an easy thing to do. I much prefer if lower bots were brought up vs bots brought down but hey, what can you do?
    I was just talking about this chain... @Red_Eyes @Mufc14

Not a big deal. I just felt a little jumped on.

f99vvnxhjbcs.jpeg
    sr2980gn2jw1.jpeg

Sorry if you felt that way, my comment was more a general one and not just targeting you.
  • VavatronVavatron Posts: 843
    All good @Red_Eyes you are awesome!
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    JETFIRE!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEE YEAHH!
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    And I'd like a few details... @Kabam Miike is jetfire getting faster or stronger? What happens to the shield masters synergy? Is dinobot getting better or worse?
  • ScarredArachnid333ScarredArachnid333 Posts: 1,856
    edited March 2019
    Is dinobot getting better or worse?

For Dinobot, I'm going to speculate that he's going to get a buff since the last one did nothing for him. He also needs a little boost to his abilities to make him more viable.
  • ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 629
    Cmon guys they literally said everything on that list is getting buffed in some way shape or form except megatronus.
  • EliteDragonEliteDragon Posts: 146
    End of Megatronus, right now I sent it r5 / 50 .... WHY KABAM !!!!!!nlakfy4jo82d.jpg
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Relax, Megatronous will still be strong; just gotta see how hard the nerf bat will be in lowering his base stats.
  • Cyonker1Cyonker1 Posts: 6
    I think its ridiculous to touch tronus. They knew what they were doing when they released him. Leave him alone. Those of us that have him spent lots of time and resources to get and rank him.

If they want to do something buff demotron. He’s nowhere near what he should be. He doesn’t stack up to any prime or megatron. He’s just one of the worst. Fix him, not whats not broken.
  • Manthro wrote: »
    I sincerely hope the shieldmasters synergy is left intact. It's what makes Jetfire playable and building charges effective by giving him time and space on melee attacks.

How it works and what it does for JF and Dino should be maintained though. Makes them shine.

Jetfire needs a redefine. He's completely rubbish without his synergies. Most of that should be on the bot without them. The synergies should focus on moving things from "well timed block" to a standard block, and then giving extra bonuses on well timed block (eg double charges, more power drain).
  • BumblebeeBumblebee Posts: 581
    Am I the only one who was hoping Grimlock would get a buff? I feel some of the other brawlers outclass him.
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »
    He's a god, he supposed to be good.

See the thing is, Megatronus isn't a god. He's just one of the first 13 Primes.
    Is dinobot getting better or worse?

For Dinobot, I'm going to speculate that he's going to get a buff since the last one did nothing for him. He also needs a little boost to his abilities to make him more viable.

If only Shieldmasters' Concussive Block can give frame advantage to counter, people will adapt to that unique move set and use it proactively. Otherwise it's only a desperate measure under attack.