Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Bot Intel Report: Nemesis Prime

Comments

• After arenas, they will surely say raids to obtain crystal shards...
  • 小龙女小龙女 Posts: 641
    edited July 2019
    That’s good news to players that don’t have 70 bots all above 3000 rating, or those that don’t want to go through 3 days of absolute hell

Top 30 awards 5 crystals. Probably none of the top 30 will get it.

I don’t mind Those of you that spend 3000 dollars, u contribute to the game. But I really don’t like grinders, I have a life outside of game

I really like it
    I really like it Again
    I really like it And again
  • Even the top 5 players
    Kabam...there is a major amount of disappointment here...you're clearly doing something wrong...ask the players what you're doing wrong and how you can fix it...that Is what you need to do...and I'd also like a bot poll on who should be added from detailed posts in the character suggestion thread...it'd be nice

We have been shouting for almost 6 months
  • willdorfwilldorf Posts: 217
    Manthro wrote: »
    willdorf wrote: »
    Are there going to be crystals to buy as well? Because if we can only get them through the arenas, then as most people know who have opened dozens of 3-5* crystals and only gotten 3*s... there's technically a chance that no one will get the 5* LMAO

Yes, they mentioned crystals for purchase in the Intel report

Ah.. yes... i must be going blind in my old age. I retract my rant
  • DinoTronsDinoTrons Posts: 48
    @Kabam Miike
    My opinion, any time we get new bots, whether a “re-skin” or not, they should be made available through the regular featured bot chips. This will get players to play all game modes to gain the bot chips and gives everyone an opportunity to gain the bot.
    I understand you wanted to make nemesis prime “more rare”, however I think players would be happier if you took the direction more towards bot chips instead of the arena or “for purchase”.
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Arenas. Joy. Our favorite.
  • They have a business plan to follow, I imagine they work with fewer resources than you might suspect they have (MCOC seems to suck up everything?) and are putting stuff out there on a schedule that makes business sense. Iif anyone here can tell me how long it takes (man hours) to make a new bot , animations and all, test that it plays nicely with all existing bots and doesn't break the game fundamentals in some intriguing way I would love to know.

Its annoying that you can't be guaranteed a nemesis prime, but surely its going to be nice when you get one eventually?

Tbh, the only things that bothers me about nemesis prime is that in robot form he has 2 window panes in his chest, but in the picture on the intel report his vehicle mode is a single glass piece.

• ktomovktomov Posts: 216
    edited July 2019
    When I was still doing arena with 2 mil points I usually end up in 3-5% and that is by playing 8 hours/24. Now, that will grant me 1 crystal with some absurd small chance to get Nemesis as 5*. Judging by the Goldwheel crystal, where I have opened more than 50 and have not got Bee even as 4*, the chances looks even slimmer.

So re-skinned bot will be more rare, my playing time will be more rare and my purchases will be even rarer. This is complete insult to all the player base. We get two old bots with different colors in 6 months and you make it almost impossible to obtain it if you do not do 56 hours of playing in a week time? Good move Kabam. Good direction to push even more people to quit the game.
  • Phoenix8318Phoenix8318 Posts: 117
    Not exciting at all. Will not spend 10 hours/day or energon for this one. I'll keep to spotlights and the features in store. Wish all anti-social people and whales good fortune in their hunt for Nemesis. 😉
  • DinoTrons wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike
    My opinion, any time we get new bots, whether a “re-skin” or not, they should be made available through the regular featured bot chips. This will get players to play all game modes to gain the bot chips and gives everyone an opportunity to gain the bot.
    I understand you wanted to make nemesis prime “more rare”, however I think players would be happier if you took the direction more towards bot chips instead of the arena or “for purchase”.
    This is how we used to do it (granted, with Bot Specific Chips), but when we announced that we would not be releasing new Bots, we didn't plan on Thundercracker or Nemesis Prime at that time. We've had to make changes to our methods for the continued health of the game, and that does mean that we can't always use the same methods, or make every bot immediately accessible, if more are added.
  • Bazzatron1979Bazzatron1979 Posts: 238
    edited July 2019
    We've had to make changes to our methods for the continued health of the game.

Mike knows what he's talking about. I love playing this game for fun, I'm really happy its still here and that steps have been taken and are being taken to keep that way.
  • Black_ThoughtBlack_Thought Posts: 392
    edited July 2019
    This is how we used to do it (granted, with Bot Specific Chips), but when we announced that we would not be releasing new Bots, we didn't plan on Thundercracker or Nemesis Prime at that time. We've had to make changes to our methods for the continued health of the game, and that does mean that we can't always use the same methods, or make every bot immediately accessible, if more are added.

Mike knows what he's talking about. I love playing this game for fun, I'm really happy its still here and that steps have been taken and are being taken to keep out that way.

Yo miike, is this your burner account? You went Kevin Durant on ya?
  • The problem with these new bots are unless they are duped they are worthless. So pulling one let alone two is almost an impossibility. I am happy they are being released on the other hand though lol.
  • @Kabam Miike @Kabam Vydious. Suggestion instead of arena, where the pool is extremely limited. How about raid week for the featured bot? This way everyone has a shot, if they so choose to. I’m just thinking about the guys with smaller accounts who, well, just cannot get top 30. Seems like your driving away the player base.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    They have a business plan to follow, I imagine they work with fewer resources than you might suspect they have (MCOC seems to suck up everything?) and are putting stuff out there on a schedule that makes business sense. Iif anyone here can tell me how long it takes (man hours) to make a new bot , animations and all, test that it plays nicely with all existing bots and doesn't break the game fundamentals in some intriguing way I would love to know.

Its annoying that you can't be guaranteed a nemesis prime, but surely its going to be nice when you get one eventually?

Tbh, the only things that bothers me about nemesis prime is that in robot form he has 2 window panes in his chest, but in the picture on the intel report his vehicle mode is a single glass piece.

I assume one of the basics of a business plan for a video game app is to encourage usage and participation, surely we can agree on this?

Could they not have concurrently run a full-week competition that saw 1st place get a 5*and the rest of the top 30 get a 4* or something like that? I don't think an extra 30 Nemesis Primes would have destroyed his rarity. That way there would have been more players enthusiastic about grinding it out while those who didn't want to grind or who fell short would have at least been appeased with some crystals. Personally I wouldn't have gone for it anyways but I am sure some top players would have tried and participation would have increased.

Or are we to assume that they are trying to increase his rarity by discouraging participation??
  • This event is another view into Kabam’s game management style. They killed other games previously with the same bad logic. Star Wars Uprising was one. I am concerned that TFTF’s days are numbered. They try to make everything so blasted exclusive that it shuts out all but a few extreme players. The rest of us get tired of the grind and the random crystal draws that yield junk most of the time. My odds are better in Vegas :)
  • Red_Eyes wrote: »
    They have a business plan to follow, I imagine they work with fewer resources than you might suspect they have (MCOC seems to suck up everything?) and are putting stuff out there on a schedule that makes business sense. Iif anyone here can tell me how long it takes (man hours) to make a new bot , animations and all, test that it plays nicely with all existing bots and doesn't break the game fundamentals in some intriguing way I would love to know.

I assume one of the basics of a business plan for a video game app is to encourage usage and participation, surely we can agree on this?

Could they not have concurrently run a full-week competition that saw 1st place get a 5*and the rest of the top 30 get a 4* or something like that? I don't think an extra 30 Nemesis Primes would have destroyed his rarity. That way there would have been more players enthusiastic about grinding it out while those who didn't want to grind or who fell short would have at least been appeased with some crystals. Personally I wouldn't have gone for it anyways but I am sure some top players would have tried and participation would have increased.

Or are we to assume that they are trying to increase his rarity by discouraging participation??

It must be more profitable to do it the arena way? Maybe the dev team need great / better arena metrics to show the higher ups to justify keeping the game going or to invest more resources?

I don't know , but it is what it is. People will still keep playing , or they won't.

Some people will get a Nemesis prime and most won't.

I would guess that the dev team are doing what they have to do to keep things going, I can't think that they are doing stuff in defiance of what they know everybody would like.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    If I had a dollar for every person who threatens to quit, but doesn't, every time kabam makes an announcement. I'd have 50 cents.
  • Red_EyesRed_Eyes Posts: 994
    Red_Eyes wrote: »

It must be more profitable to do it the arena way? Maybe the dev team need great / better arena metrics to show the higher ups to justify keeping the game going or to invest more resources?

I don't know , but it is what it is. People will still keep playing , or they won't.

Some people will get a Nemesis prime and most won't.

I would guess that the dev team are doing what they have to do to keep things going, I can't think that they are doing stuff in defiance of what they know everybody would like.

My suggestion was for arena. Have the daily standings (that award crystals) and then at the end calculate standings for the entire week to award 30, 25, 10(?) Nemesis Primes. Do something that will make players say yeah I'll grind it out, something that makes players feel better about putting in the hard work.

• KittenKitten Posts: 1,897
    If I had a dollar for every person who threatens to quit, but doesn't, every time kabam makes an announcement. I'd have 50 cents.

50 cents because one certain fool always quits every week and then comes back?
  • Bntyhntr3232_Bntyhntr3232_ Posts: 3,088
    This event is another view into Kabam’s game management style. They killed other games previously with the same bad logic. Star Wars Uprising was one. I am concerned that TFTF’s days are numbered. They try to make everything so blasted exclusive that it shuts out all but a few extreme players. The rest of us get tired of the grind and the random crystal draws that yield junk most of the time. My odds are better in Vegas :)

Agreed...it's annoying
  • Decimus234Decimus234 Posts: 677
    Beastdad wrote: »
    Just close the game down already. I mean it’s obvious you guys don’t care anymore but at least stop wasting our time.

Rip the metaphorical band-aid off already.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    I see most of you crying here but take note :-

Everyone freaking One of You is Gonna Grind Hard af.
    So why cry on the forums when you're actually gonna do the opposite when the arena hits

Hypocrisy 💯
  • Hey y'all -

Wanted to thank you all for the feedback and thoughts on this. We appreciate what's being said and understand the frustration lots of you are feeling. We're making sure to share it with the rest of the team. We wanted to make Nemesis a rare Bot to come by and this was what we came down to in deciding for now. Keep in mind there is always the chance there may be more opportunities in the future that we just haven't decided on yet!