Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Prepare for the Class Clash!

Comments

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    JKL wrote: »
    I'm happy you guys are trying to give us new-ish content but not sure you're fully listening to what the players would like to see.

We're tired of the same old grind because content hasn't changed forever. We need challenges. This doesn't necessarily mean it has to be super hard content. What I was hoping from this class based event could have been 6 mini gauntlets. With each one locked to that specific class. This could have really challenged your roster and skill. Maybe demo challenge would be easier for some because you have lots of ranked up demos but then tech could be way more challenging due to lack of highly ranked bots. It would be different for each player which would make it interesting.

Each class gauntlet would provide a class prize with a grand prize if you can complete all 6 in that difficulty. Just wishful thinking on my part.
    I gett where you're coming from, but in game, we have multiple game modes, and only making Mission content totally ignores things like Raids and Arenas.

We DO have a new Spotlight Mission coming in July as well, and it will be out soon after this is over!

By running the event though arenas and raids, Kabam can limit the number of players who can earn the sought after items (top 30 in arenas and top 4 or so in the raid event). If the rewards people want were in a spotlight-type mission, even if the difficulty level was raised, a lot more players would be able to get them.
  • DonApisDonApis Posts: 544
    I'm happy you guys are trying to give us new-ish content but not sure you're fully listening to what the players would like to see.

We're tired of the same old grind because content hasn't changed forever. We need challenges. This doesn't necessarily mean it has to be super hard content. What I was hoping from this class based event could have been 6 mini gauntlets. With each one locked to that specific class. This could have really challenged your roster and skill. Maybe demo challenge would be easier for some because you have lots of ranked up demos but then tech could be way more challenging due to lack of highly ranked bots. It would be different for each player which would make it interesting.

Each class gauntlet would provide a class prize with a grand prize if you can complete all 6 in that difficulty. Just wishful thinking on my part.

I was hoping for something like this.
  • NightpathNightpath Posts: 644
    edited June 2019
    Honestly, this doesn't look too bad. It's certainly better than a plain raid week at any rate. At least since it has its own currency, we won't have to worry about the chips being stolen, like raid chips. And we are getting a brand new spotlight soon! This actually has been a somewhat hopeful month. I just hope that t4c will be accessible to more than the top handful of players.
  • Jazz444Jazz444 Posts: 2,021
    Nightpath wrote: »
    Honestly, this doesn't look too bad. It's certainly better than a plain raid week at any rate. At least since it has its own currency, we won't have to worry about the chips being stolen, like raid chips. And we are getting a brand new spotlight soon! This actually has been a somewhat hopeful month. I just hope that t4c will be accessible to more than the top handful of players.

Same here I’m hoping we all can acquire T4 Class Spark essence without breaking our necks trying to make top30 and not make it lol 😂
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    ArnZeBarn wrote: »
    You can only enter that Arena with Bots of the same Class or Bots that have a Class Advantage. For example, on Tech Arena Day, you will be able to use both your Tech and Scout Bots to compete.

Just an idea, why not Class Disadvantage instead? For example, on Warrior Day, you can only use Warriors and Scouts. If you use the latter, you get more rewards for taking the disadvantage/risk. This might make it challenging to some players, especially if their Scouts happen to be underdeveloped.

@Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike

Alone, Scouts are dead in front of an immobile Bonecrusher.
  • Darm0k wrote: »

I gett where you're coming from, but in game, we have multiple game modes, and only making Mission content totally ignores things like Raids and Arenas.

We DO have a new Spotlight Mission coming in July as well, and it will be out soon after this is over!

By running the event though arenas and raids, Kabam can limit the number of players who can earn the sought after items (top 30 in arenas and top 4 or so in the raid event). If the rewards people want were in a spotlight-type mission, even if the difficulty level was raised, a lot more players would be able to get them.
    Though we strive to make more valuable rewards accessible to more players, players who place in higher Ranks are going to get bigger rewards, because they pushed for them.

This is a Competitive Game with Competitive Modes, and that means rewarding Commanders for their ranks in competition.

We're working on a lot of stuff behind the scenes, like new Missions and events, but we can't stop running Arena and Raid events in the meantime.
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    @Kabam Vydious can you be more specific on the rewards? Like T4C specific...

Also any 5* bot shards? Please don’t say it’s just a 4* bot thing.
    Faithz17 wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious can you be more specific on the rewards? Like T4C specific...

Also any 5* bot shards? Please don’t say it’s just a 4* bot thing.

4* forged to 5* shards :D
  • F3tcF3tc Posts: 40
    I just have a question @Kabam Miike - kabam veduos why don't you guys upgrade the daily mission and add the t4c to it just like the t3c?
  • Gunz0Gunz0 Posts: 2,949
    Wow, this is better than I expected. Kabam didn't disappoint me this time.
  • that1guythat1guy Posts: 374
    Darm0k wrote: »

Though we strive to make more valuable rewards accessible to more players, players who place in higher Ranks are going to get bigger rewards, because they pushed for them.

This is a Competitive Game with Competitive Modes, and that means rewarding Commanders for their ranks in competition.

We're working on a lot of stuff behind the scenes, like new Missions and events, but we can't stop running Arena and Raid events in the meantime.

I think you're quite capable of delivering competitive updates and events without the overuse of arena and raids. How many times has this been pointed out?
  • ArnZeBarnArnZeBarn Posts: 90
    You can only enter that Arena with Bots of the same Class or Bots that have a Class Advantage. For example, on Tech Arena Day, you will be able to use both your Tech and Scout Bots to compete.

Just an idea, why not Class Disadvantage instead? For example, on Warrior Day, you can only use Warriors and Scouts. If you use the latter, you get more rewards for taking the disadvantage/risk. This might make it challenging to some players, especially if their Scouts happen to be underdeveloped.

Alone, Scouts are dead in front of an immobile Bonecrusher.

@KillMasterC That was actually the situation I was imagining. Those who can pull it off, should get rewarded more. Or do you think this Bonecrusher scenario might be a tad too much?

Anyway, this is just a very rough idea off the top of my head. Just trying to help think of potential challenging scenarios for those who are asking for challenge.
    Well everyone it was fun while it last I’m done playing this game time to move on I’m gonna be playing mcoc

Ok bye! Have fun playing a 2D game with Iron Patriot, Joe Fixit and Moon Knight

This sounds quite fun. Imagine having to fight Mirage with Ironhide and Primal with Drift
  • Mufc14Mufc14 Posts: 643
    @Kabam Vydious I think it’s safe to assume that the sparks essence available during the event isn’t enough to form a single spark.
  • Well, I'm gonna remain optimistic despite the first impressions. It isn't everyday that we do get an event.
  • SlayerSlayer Posts: 1,085
    I hate grinding , especially Arena but looks like i have no choice ... 🙄
  • JellybeeJellybee Posts: 22
    Does kabam not care about the players?
  • Faithz17Faithz17 Posts: 842
    Announcing the event without giving any indication of rewards is really silly. You are just telling people what they can play, but you leave out why they should play. Imagine if you put something like final milestone - one full T4C of the class arena... players would be a lot more excited and happy to jump through whatever hoops. If you can also throw in some 5* shards along the way, you can be sure people will go crazy about the event. Come on Kabam, give people a reason to play this class event.
    @Kabam Vydious
    In two paragraphs, you told us we can use Class Clash Chips to buy Counter-Class Sparks or Class Spark Essence. Are they the same thing? Do you mean "Counter-Class Spark Essence Crystal" (a cumbersome but more accurate term)?

We've seem T4C essence crystal offered from time to time, teasing us with 500 (or 1000 if you're lucky) essence so that at least the T4C icons show up in our inventory. Are we getting the same random crystals, or are we getting essence straightly (like rotating raid store T3C essence)?
  • KittenKitten Posts: 1,897

Then ignore raids and arenas, what we're trying to say is we like a fun challenge like the chrono vectors mini spotlight. Raids and arenas are more like a grind and that is very boring for us. Hope this doesn't come out as complaining I'm just pointing some things out.
  • BaRdYaAmNBaRdYaAmN Posts: 1,506
    The problem I have with arena's is simply the grind in order to get the top spot, which most of the time is in vain becuase others put WAAAAY more effort than you making it a fool's errand
  • IDKIDK Posts: 14
    Hi

IDK wrote: »
    Hi

Howdy!
    Good to see a comment that isn't a complaint
    Hi Gunz. How to post a discussion and more importantly how to make a discussion

You can just post it here because I am going to play the game. I'll check later