Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Post update heavies and specials issues [Hotfix Coming Today!]

Comments

• Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    Peponfree wrote: »
    Chapter 4 and AM... all bots are tweaked to the player disadvantage!

That means it probably won’t be fixed for a long time. When it’s the other way it’s fast. Remember when Wheeljack first came out and his attack mods were too OP? It was corrected like *snap*. There were some other ones too that got addressed ASAP, but the Wheeljack one was probably the most known.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    I believe master Spotlight and ROK3 opponents had AI abilities that didn't exist in any other game mode.

It's almost like for the release of the final chapter of Act4, they went one step further to make the AI more "challenging"...and then accidentally pushed those abilities to all other game modes.

Seriously, this can't be "working as intended", it just breaks all the endgame content
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Rok3 AI is Okay, you just can't retaliate after taking a 5 combo. But missing combo and landing less heavy are new.
  • Hey there everyone, we've let the rest of the team know so that they can take a look into this. Any video that anyone is able to share would be helpful for the investigations, as would any info you have on what Bots you've experienced this with, which special/heavy attacks this has happened with, who your opponent was, and where the fight took place.

You know what you adjusted. You did not disclose it in the patch notes. Now you ask for feedback about what went wrong? C'mon Man!!!
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Rok3 AI is Okay, you just can't retaliate after taking a 5 combo. But missing combo and landing less heavy are new.

Yea, I probably didn't explain that well...just saying that prior to the update, there were some difficult AI abilities specific to just a few modes floating around the game.

These new ones we're talking about came up at the release of a new act and could have been intended just for use in that act, but ended up everywhere else.

Or...someone just fat fingered a few lines of code and it was missed in QA before release.

IDK, that's programming sometimes, LoL
  • xXjuanXxxXjuanXx Posts: 17
    Resumiendo... La volvieron a cagar... El nuego funciona para el orto.
  • xXjuanXxxXjuanXx Posts: 17

You know what you adjusted. You did not disclose it in the patch notes. Now you ask for feedback about what went wrong? C'mon Man!!!

Lol....ur right...
  • PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    Farbofrabs wrote: »

wow... that's a very clear showing of what is wrong. By now, Kabam has all the feedback and elements to take actions. Let's see how long it takes for them the fix it.
  • KillMasterCKillMasterC Posts: 3,105
    Peponfree wrote: »

wow... that's a very clear showing of what is wrong. By now, Kabam has all the feedback and elements to take actions. Let's see how long it takes for them the fix it.

No. They denied this bug but recommended my friend to use 3 or 4 combo FROM NOW ON.
  • YOLO_XDYOLO_XD Posts: 15
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    From a RAID point of view:

70K bases now feel like 92K bases.

Fact of the matter is my 25K rated raid squad just lost to a 70K base, which would've been unheard of just last week.

Former punching-bags Ultra Magnus, Wazzzpinator, G1 Mega and Galvatron have developed evade skills that Barricade would envy.

WTF, guys.

Motormaster missed 10 heavies in a row vs Wasp, plus 4 assorted SPs.
    R5 5* Wasp was on a RR, FFS.

Hmm, no wonder that I'm getting way more frequent successful raid defends than I used to and it probably applies to the majority of this threads' posters too.
  • I just realized that this issuses are on my ipad2018 .. (evade a lot of heavys and Spezials) but on IPhone 8 it’s ok again
  • CoolAsiceCoolAsice Posts: 29
    Post the recent update many have been talking about how the opponent is able to avoid our heavies and specials when they actually cannot. Most cases heard are of specials where after finishing a melee combo the opponent easily blocks the specials or evades them. I have experienced it too. Now I'm not sure what is the technicality of it but this could certainly affect our fights especially during ams or even events like rok3.
    Other players please feel free to input your thoughts here.

@Kabam Vydious

It's worse in AM for me
  • FarbofrabsFarbofrabs Posts: 17
    edited March 2020

This is the worst. tagged by the first hit of a special, still dodges the second!
    It seem the game was programmed/meant to evade the first hit but the arena boundry held him in place and the AI managed to wriggle free before the second hit. @Kabam Vydious
  • FarbofrabsFarbofrabs Posts: 17
    edited March 2020
    Whats annoying about this bug is that effects everyone ninjas and average players like me as well. They are both going to eat that damage after the failed special. Theres no special skill you could learn and use to avoid it (apart from fighting without using heavys and specials!). Its randomly allocated damage.
    Id say Its possible that this "strike timing/dodging" might be across the board in the standard gameplay too, you just dont notice it as much because its not in a combo thats supposed to chain.
    Like a 1% chance universal evade or something?
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    This one occurs most often for me. Going from basic ranged (that hit) into a melee dash. I can see if I was slow to dash but in this case I am literally right behind the ranged laser. I have plenty more of these videos/gifs if that is needed.

4acljr1oqodz.gif

Please upload them all. It's important to make the devs believe us.
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    edited March 2020
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike maybe a rename of this thread would avert openings of dupe threads.

"8.4 A.I. Unfairness"
    "8.4 A.I. Laughs At Your "Skills""
    "8.4 A.I. Pwn-age"
    "8.4 A.I. Broken Physics"

Just off the top of my head

And for the other issue:

"8.4 Give Us Your UB40 in exchange for Revives"
    "8.4 To Eat or Not To Eat?"
    "8.4 Revive OR Feed the Kids?"
    "8.4 Money is Overrated, Hah!"

PS - I'm a PAY player nowadays, and this is too much even for me
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike maybe a rename of this thread would avert openings of dupe threads.

"8.4 A.I. Unfairness"
    "8.4 A.I. Laughs At Your "Skills""
    "8.4 A.I. Pwn-age"
    "8.4 A.I. Broken Physics"

Just of the top off my head

And for the other issue:

"8.4 Give Us Your UB40 in exchange for Revives"
    "8.4 To Eat or Not To Eat?"
    "8.4 Money is Overrated, Hah!"

I can see the cabin fever has set in. Hope you are well brother.
  • Thank you for posting all of this, gang! Going to have the rest of the team check it out tomorrow when everyone is back online.
  • VoltronVoltron Posts: 998
    This one occurs most often for me. Going from basic ranged (that hit) into a melee dash. I can see if I was slow to dash but in this case I am literally right behind the ranged laser. I have plenty more of these videos/gifs if that is needed.

4acljr1oqodz.gif

same here. not just with a SP too. If the AI is aggressive or AM speed up, they'll can also attack you (with a range) as you dash it. It's like your range didn't "stun" them.

4acljr1oqodz.gif

This air punch thing has been around for ages though. Kabam tried to address it once, but it didn’t really fix anything since it was still around. I have some of these air punch videos around somewhere I think. Or maybe I already cleared them.

Version 7.0.1 is being released shortly. It contains Various Back End Bug Fixes and Performance Improvements, including:

- Fixed an issue with Hound and Optimus Primal's Sidestep (Affectionately called their "Sticky Feet")
    - Improved an issue where Bots could Whiff (miss) an attack mid-combo

Okay, description is a little off, but I’m assuming this is what they meant. But maybe not since it didn’t fix anything.

But, yeah, air punch has been around. It annoying as heck, but not mind blowingly frustrating as the missed/blocked specials after a combo. I’d rather have them fix that first... immediately.
  • TechnosTechnos Posts: 29
    edited March 2020
    Technos wrote: »

I think that’s a different issue from the topic being discussed here. That’s pretty messed up though. Maybe start a thread about the AI throwing a special mid combo or something.
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Technos wrote: »

I think that’s a different issue from the topic being discussed here. That’s pretty messed up though. Maybe start a thread about the AI throwing a special mid combo or something.

I think the issue is overall with the AI being tweaked. Many have mentioned that as well in this thread. So lets count this one too. Thanks @Technos
  • hoolienweehoolienwee Posts: 159
    edited March 2020

Similarly happened to my Scorponok. The AI get hit on 1st shot of sp1, but he instantly recovered and missed the second shot.
  • iBKiBK Posts: 200
    It gets worse and worse. I didn't know whether to laugh or to cry when this happened.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    iBK wrote: »

was that a double medium attack?