Home General Discussion
The Transformers Forged to Fight community has officially moved to Discord. For all the latest news and updates, join us here!

Post update heavies and specials issues [Hotfix Coming Today!]

LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
edited April 2020 in General Discussion
Post the recent update many have been talking about how the opponent is able to avoid our heavies and specials when they actually cannot. Most cases heard are of specials where after finishing a melee combo the opponent easily blocks the specials or evades them. I have experienced it too. Now I'm not sure what is the technicality of it but this could certainly affect our fights especially during ams or even events like rok3.
Other players please feel free to input your thoughts here.

@Kabam Vydious

Comments

• 11218931121893 Posts: 144
    Sp's are not connecting after a combo please look into it
  • Darm0kDarm0k Posts: 2,485
    JKL wrote: »
    Here is an example of what is happening.

Heavy attacks are not guaranteed but they also did not miss with this type of frequency prior to the update.

Perhaps Kabam tweaked the AI level/response time a little too much.

Yeah, heavy attacks aren’t guaranteed, but that is just crazy right there. The AI used to dodge a lot of them before, but would get it once in a while.

Also, nice d140 flex vs Motormaster.
    BlackRazak wrote: »
    Motormaster, Rhinox keep MISSING with their heavy. Despite tagging opponent with punches.

Hitting the opponent with a punch doesn’t mean your heavy will connect. There’s always a window for them to dodge it. Yes, the AI would occasionally get hit by the heavy, but they could still dodge it. Perhaps they just dialed up the ninja numbers on the dial. However, me thinks it is dialed a little too high...

As for the special attacks, yeah, they shouldn’t be able to block or dodge after a combo or melee hit or any type of hit. Well, except for abilities like Arcee’s evade, etc. This special dodging is a pretty big issue. And then combine that with the revive kits price hike....
  • LeopoldLeopold Posts: 6
    Completely agree with all was written.
    I did a fight with Rhinox in arenas and he missed 90% of heavies. Same thing in LOC3 where you must use your heavies when your opposent is against a wall to succeed.
    Morover, can you please do something for the fact that your bots can spot moving in a middle of a combo or in a middle of dodging? Is it a bug or it's a special "frozen" hidden mod?😂
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Leopold wrote: »
    I did a fight with Rhinox in arenas and he missed 90% of heavies. Same thing in LOC3 where you must use your heavies when your opposent is against a wall to succeed.
    Morover, can you please do something for the fact that your bots can spot moving in a middle of a combo or in a middle of dodging? Is it a bug or it's a special "frozen" hidden mod?😂

The heavies missing isn't really an issue. If we can dodge them the same way, then the AI should be allowed to as well. The real issue here is that the AI is recovering faster from punches (blocked or otherwise) than we ourselves are able to. This is not right (morally) and must be corrected.
  • ScottScott Posts: 53
    Leopold wrote: »

I see a lot of words there :D
    Just sharing this:

mqx2jxzv1tj8.gif
  • JIMMY_SABJIMMY_SAB Posts: 1,008
    Darm0k wrote: »
    Just sharing this:

mqx2jxzv1tj8.gif

Wow. Just wow.
  • LatimustronLatimustron Posts: 202
    JIMMY_SAB wrote: »
    Just sharing this:

mqx2jxzv1tj8.gif

Wow. Just wow.

This is exactly what's happening after the update. It's ok if the devs need to tune up the AI but a detailed description of it should have been given to us. @Kabam Vydious @Kabam Miike @Kabam Zibiit

Please enlighten us!
  • NidRobNidRob Posts: 202
    Definitely AM is unplayable with this AI total mess
  • TechnosTechnos Posts: 29
    Another example of what is happening.

Technos wrote: »
    Another example of what is happening.

This was an issue from before the update.

https://forums.transformersforgedtofight.com/discussion/8508/motormaster-unstoppable-bug

Kabam didn’t address it in that thread which, unfortunately, makes me feel like they won’t say anything about this issue here.
  • LeopoldLeopold Posts: 6
    I also have to say that today, i was raiding with Tantrum against Wheeljack with an harm accelerator mode. I activated a special 3 and this decreased instantly my health bar, like if a backfire applied to me. But i think Wheeljack can't do that?
  • Hey there everyone, we've let the rest of the team know so that they can take a look into this. Any video that anyone is able to share would be helpful for the investigations, as would any info you have on what Bots you've experienced this with, which special/heavy attacks this has happened with, who your opponent was, and where the fight took place.
  • JKLJKL Posts: 997
    Optimus Prime, Megatronus, Rat vs everyone in AM D140. The heavy miss after a combo is very apparent. Both range and melee heavy attacks miss.
    Hey there everyone, we've let the rest of the team know so that they can take a look into this. Any video that anyone is able to share would be helpful for the investigations, as would any info you have on what Bots you've experienced this with, which special/heavy attacks this has happened with, who your opponent was, and where the fight took place.

I’ve missed (AI dodges or blocks not counting evade abilities) my special after a combo (varies between 2-5 hits) with pretty much all the bots I’ve been using. Happens in arena, story mode, and AM. Probably would happen in raids as well, but I don’t do that enough to get a good sample.
  • Bi1b0BagginsBi1b0Baggins Posts: 1,049
    Here’s one with the special being blocked.

c9d5vq78hhu5.gif

Savage.
  • m00nshinem00nshine Posts: 189
    Like everyone else, for me all bots all game modes.

I don't see any specific commonality, it's just all the time.

Doubt it's device specific given everyone here is commenting on it, but I'm in North America, using a Galaxy Note 10+, Android 10
  • GeneralZ9GeneralZ9 Posts: 185
    edited March 2020
    Just sharing this:

mqx2jxzv1tj8.gif

Not to swear or anything but that is complete and utter BS!
  • PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    Just sharing this:

mqx2jxzv1tj8.gif

yeap... had my share of those. AI is acting super evasive and neither heavies nor specials are connecting.

Anyone from Kabam to comment??
  • PeponfreePeponfree Posts: 83
    Here’s one with the special being blocked.

c9d5vq78hhu5.gif

Chapter 4 and AM... all bots are tweaked to the player disadvantage!
  • BlackRazakBlackRazak Posts: 2,812
    From a RAID point of view:

70K bases now feel like 92K bases.

Fact of the matter is my 25K rated raid squad just lost to a 70K base, which would've been unheard of just last week.

Former punching-bags Ultra Magnus, Wazzzpinator, G1 Mega and Galvatron have developed evade skills that Barricade would envy.

WTF, guys.

Motormaster missed 10 heavies in a row vs Wasp, plus 4 assorted SPs.
    R5 5* Wasp was on a RR, FFS.
  • FarbofrabsFarbofrabs Posts: 17
    edited March 2020
    These were both in the same fight and i could post 100 more every play session. The first video DODGES the SECOND HIT OF THE SPECIAL! Pretty frustrating. Any fix coming? Im playing on an s10plus.
    Also after doing 100 or so practice fights on mirage ive noticed the ai seems 'banded' for example it feels as if itbehaves differently after dropping below 75% and then 55%. Etc. Is this coded that way?